The Student Room Group

Best time to take the pill?

What is the most practical and best time to take the 'pill'?
Original post by danuuutka
What is the most practical and best time to take the 'pill'?

Before bed is when i've known most people to take it, assuming your bedtime is pretty constant
Reply 2
Depends on your schedule, I do nights so I take mine at 8-9am-ish. If I'm on nights I take it when I finish, days before I start work. I used to take it at 11.30-midnight-ish but I kept forgetting when I was on nights so alot better now.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Before bed is when i've known most people to take it, assuming your bedtime is pretty constant

What would I do if I was going to a party/clubbing? Because of course I wouldn't want to miss it
Reply 4
Original post by Tw1x
Depends on your schedule, I do nights so I take mine at 8-9am-ish. If I'm on nights I take it when I finish, days before I start work. I used to take it at 11.30-midnight-ish but I kept forgetting when I was on nights so alot better now.

I'm free for the summer and then I'm going to university do I'm very unsure about timing. I also like to go out, so evenings would be not so good for me as I feel like is forget it
What would I do if I was going to a party/clubbing? Because of course I wouldn't want to miss it

Take the dose slightly earlier or keep it in your purse.
You have to take it at the same time each day. Well, that's what it says on mine. I take mine around 7.30am.
Reply 7
I kept forgetting the pill and was worried about getting pregnant so I switched to the implant, but I took it around 6pm
Reply 8
I'm free for the summer and then I'm going to university do I'm very unsure about timing. I also like to go out, so evenings would be not so good for me as I feel like is forget it

Maybe when you wake up then. Or set an alarm so you dont forget
Reply 9
I've found that taking it in the morning is best, especially with uni life - you never know where you're gonna be in the evening! You might go out for a meal at 6pm one night, you might be at pre-drinks at 10pm another night, etc etc etc, whereas I know I'll be in bed at 7:30am. It's early, but I always go back to sleep after taking it if I have time haha.

Quick Reply

Latest