The Student Room Group

McDonald's nose piercing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lolakirk
No McDonalds will let her work with a facial piercing,

The one I'm working at is relaxed. People have a lot of tattoos, ear gauges etc. So fingers crossed
Original post by 999tigger
I must have read the McDonalds rulebook wrong, then. I did point out there may be some discretion and turning a blind eye if it is a franchise.

Well there won't be. Whether or not it's a franchise is irrelevant, none of the fast food restaurants will let you work with a nose piercing, they have gap visits etc and their restaurant would be downgraded and penalizedx if the mystery shopper saw someone with a nose piercing.
Well there won't be. Whether or not it's a franchise is irrelevant, none of the fast food restaurants will let you work with a nose piercing, they have gap visits etc and their restaurant would be downgraded and penalizedx if the mystery shopper saw someone with a nose piercing.

So you are distinguishing between a facial piercing and a nose piercing?

Mcdonalds say

What is the appearance policy regarding to tattoos and piercings? Visible tattoos, whether they are Henna type ones or the real deal, are only allowed if they are unobtrusive and inoffensive. Employees are not allowed to wear earrings or body jewellery at all whilst at work. Our jewellery policy does not permit any visible jewellery other than a plain wedding band. This policy applies to all of our UK restaurants.

Are employees allowed to wear nose rings?Our jewellery policy does not permit any visible jewellery other than a plain wedding band.

So the question becomes is a nose stud considered to be jewellery?
Original post by 999tigger
So you are distinguishing between a facial piercing and a nose piercing?

Mcdonalds say

So the question becomes is a nose stud considered to be jewellery?

Are you ok? I wasnt distinguishing between a facial piercing and a nose piercing. A nose poercing is a facial piercing. And of course a nose stud is jewellery.

What part of 'Piercings not allowed' dont you understand?
Are you ok? I wasnt distinguishing between a facial piercing and a nose piercing. A nose poercing is a facial piercing. And of course a nose stud is jewellery.

What part of 'Piercings not allowed' dont you understand?

Sorry I just misread. I thought there was a comma in your previous post which changed the meaning. I wondered why it looked as though you were contradicting yourself, when in fact you were not.
Original post by em211997
The one I'm working at is relaxed. People have a lot of tattoos, ear gauges etc. So fingers crossed

Tattoos are allowed at every Mcdonals. If your restaurant allows piercings they are breaching food safety rules and you might not have a job soon when they get their hygiene rating downgraded to zero and have to close down like KFC's are doing right now.
Reply 26
Tattoos are allowed at every Mcdonals. If your restaurant allows piercings they are breaching food safety rules and you might not have a job soon when they get their hygiene rating downgraded to zero and have to close down like KFC's are doing right now.

If you think that's the only hygiene violation that goes down in mcdees you're mistaken brah😂 People don't even wash their hands
If you think that's the only hygiene violation that goes down in mcdees you're mistaken brah😂 People don't even wash their hands

I never said that's the only hygiene violation so I don't see your point. A gap isnt going to know when you washed your hands, but he's gonna see your piercing.
Reply 28
I never said that's the only hygiene violation so I don't see your point. A gap isnt going to know when you washed your hands, but he's gonna see your piercing.

youre talking about store getting closed down and that
youre talking about store getting closed down and that

Yeah and your point is?
Reply 30
Yeah and your point is?

cba bye
cba bye

Exactly, you don't have a point. Bye.
Reply 32
Exactly, you don't have a point. Bye.

lol ***** evaporate. Im trying to say if youre banging on about health and safety and them being strict. My friend works there and shes lazy af and barely washes her hands. you keep bigging up the company as if its a 5 star restaurant. Not intrested in what those who are just googling **** have to say, I can do that myself. Thats why I would listen to you and value what you have to say if you work there. Everywhere has policies but different stores are different I know **** that goes down behind the scenes in some of these places.
lol ***** evaporate. Im trying to say if youre banging on about health and safety and them being strict. My friend works there and shes lazy af and barely washes her hands. you keep bigging up the company as if its a 5 star restaurant. Not intrested in what those who are just googling **** have to say, I can do that myself. Thats why I would listen to you and value what you have to say if you work there. Everywhere has policies but different stores are different I know **** that goes down behind the scenes in some of these places.

I worked at McDonalds until last month.

You're still just whining with no relevance to anything I have said.
Reply 34
I worked at McDonalds until last month.

You're still just whining with no relevance to anything I have said.

Sure you did
It's my choice at the end of the day. I wanted people who currently work there to reply

Gawd what a miserable ingrate you are. I gave you the official McDonalds policy, obviously wasted on you.
Sure you did

Sure I did. You can take a look at my old posts and threads I have posted about working in McDonalds or just go on my profile page where you can see someone asking me about the McDonalds workbook.

You can go evaporate now.

Ill end this argument once and for all.
You are NOT allowed nose peircings while working at mcdonalds. End of. It does not vary from store to store. They will not just get you to put a blue plaster over it. Being a franchise or company owned is nothing to do with it. Franchises can be just as strict, if not stricter. And this is coming from me, who has worked for mcdonalds for over 8 years.

Quick Reply

Latest