The Student Room Group

C4 June 2016 Edexcel Model Answers kprime2

It can't get easier than that. I don't think there was any part that was tricky at all. I can see 4(b) being misread, many would have left the answer in terms of days.

Expect rocket high boundaries. I reckon at least 65 for an A. Last year many of the papers were 67 for an A, I wouldn't be surprised if this is another one.

Check my other thread if you want to see solutions to the C3

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks, lot's of giveaway marks, should be the highest C4 grade boundaries. A should be 66/67 and A* 71
Reply 2
Thanks for these, do you reckon 73 in C4 and 65 in C3 will be enough for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
Thanks for these, do you reckon 73 in C4 and 65 in C3 will be enough for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

73 in C4 will be 94ish
65 in C3 will be 82ish
71 in C3 and C4 enough for the A*?

Thank you btw!
Reply 5
64 c4 60 c3 68 s1

got 9 ums spare from last year will this most likely be A

on implicit differentation i didnt differentiate 17 but did everything else right from that mistake on, probs 4 dropped for question? (including 2nd bit)

on vectors i put the cos(theta) into my calculator wrong although i wrote down the right working.

probs lose 1 mark on cos theta question and 1 mark on sin area question after that there?
(edited 7 years ago)
Got the last question wrong, I always knew vectors would make me lose the A*. :frown:

I'm surprised many people found it easy though, I was glad during the exam thinking that it was a fairly difficult paper, for low boundaries, but everyone I've talked to says it was really easy.
Reply 7
65 for an A? Thats a bit too much. Id say around 63
This won't be 65 for an A, more likely 63. Anyone who is concerned about it being "rocket high boundaries" don't be, it just will not be that high.

And for the record I am a neutral bystander. I did not sit this paper (just before someone thinks I'm a student trying to reassure myself)

That said, theres zero point speculating, just have to wait and see.

Although given that ^^, I do have to agree, that paper was piss easy. Wish I had that one in my exam than the one I got....
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you reckon I'd get a mark for finding the correct unit based vector in the direction of l2, but then multiplying it by the wrong number, followed by a completely wrong answer?
Reply 10
Original post by Fas
This won't be 65 for an A, more likely 63. Anyone who is concerned about it being "rocket high boundaries" don't be, it just will not be that high.

And for the record I am a neutral bystander. I did not sit this paper (just before someone thinks I'm a student trying to reassure myself)

That said, theres zero point speculating, just have to wait and see.

Although given that ^^, I do have to agree, that paper was piss easy. Wish I had that one in my exam than the one I got....

What makes you so sure? Last year the Fp2, s2 and d2 were all 67 for an A. Edexcel doesn't shy away from setting high boundaries. The C4 last year was 62 even though it was fairly tricky. Students who sat this paper will have smashed it. I'm definitely predicting 65 for an A
Reply 11
Hey there. One slight problem. Are the marks distruvuted correctly in the model answers as i dont think it adds up to 75

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks lost if I was out by a factor of 5 on question 4, my equation was messed up a bit and consequently got an answer 5 times bigger than given? I know I would have lost one mark for accuracy on the second part at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beany101
Hey there. One slight problem. Are the marks distruvuted correctly in the model answers as i dont think it adds up to 75

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think it adds up to 75 I just checked:smile:
Reply 14
Man Edexcel have been weak this year. It's like they want absurdly high boundaries that punish silly slip-ups rather than lack of understanding
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Man Edexcel have been weak this year. It's like they want absurdly high boundaries that punish silly slip-ups rather than lack of understanding

this is exactly what takes this piss, as humans everyone makes minor (arithmetic) mistakes, but this paper didnt have any questions that separated a weak candidate from someone who knows what theyre doing. Tbf, i think papers should be like june 2013 which reflects the point of maths.....
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

Ikr. M3-5 have all been trivial 😔. S3/4 were aswell. Only thing that has been hardish was FP2, hope they sort it with FP3 :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ajaxkiller
this is exactly what takes this piss, as humans everyone makes minor (arithmetic) mistakes, but this paper didnt have any questions that separated a weak candidate from someone who knows what theyre doing. Tbf, i think papers should be like june 2013 which reflects the point of maths.....

2015 were a good set of papers. C3/4 were very good, they required a little bit of thought. FP3 was good aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by physicsmaths
Ikr. M3-5 have all been trivial 😔. S3/4 were aswell. Only thing that has been hardish was FP2, hope they sort it with FP3 :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You not sat FP3 yet? I'd think they'll probably go easy after last two..
Reply 19
Oh my bad. Thanks for clarifying:smug:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending