The Student Room Group

Anime/Manga collection

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Everything on the shelves has been read once, over the course of the last 11 years. Very few have been read twice. :p: I've been a bit slower reading the digital stuff, probably have ~15 volumes unread, but it doesn't make me feel as guilty as a similarly sized pile of paperbacks would. :giggle:

Very few twice? and you have never thought about to sell those ones? because of your proud being a manga fan, because of having a lot of mangas and sell them off means a great loss for you?
Original post by Kallisto
Very few twice? and you have never thought about to sell those ones? because of your proud being a manga fan, because of having a lot of mangas and sell them off means a great loss for you?

I don't think I could give up anything from my collection unless forced (apart from some of the dropped series in the drawer, knowing that I'm unlikely to ever see how they end)... at some point, if I end up moving somewhere smaller, I may have to consider that, but only then!
I don't think I could give up anything from my collection unless forced (apart from some of the dropped series in the drawer, knowing that I'm unlikely to ever see how they end)... at some point, if I end up moving somewhere smaller, I may have to consider that, but only then!

I see. There is really an affinity to your collection. And I am not surprised. By the way how many anime DVDs do you have and what is the oldest anime in that collection?
Excuse the state of my room, I've been fighting a losing battle against rain and dust and lack of space for years. :colondollar:

Big manga bookcase

Rotating manga bookcase

Manga cuboid

Homemade manga bookcase

Behind my desk

Manga drawer

Anime shelf

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL :love:

fancy writing a will and leaving this all to me? in case of an, um, accident occurring... :innocent:
Original post by Kallisto
I see. There is really an affinity to your collection. And I am not surprised. By the way how many anime DVDs do you have and what is the oldest anime in that collection?

125, including the Blurays, my one VHS (which I forgot to photograph :p:) and counting the box sets as just one (since I don't fancy moving the piles just to check how many discs are in each one). :giggle:

The oldest anime there has to be the 1968 Adventures of Horus: Prince of the Sun (or Little Norse Prince to use the official English title)... unless you meant the one I bought first, which was likely the first Ghost in the Shell movie.

Original post by Alexion
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL :love:

fancy writing a will and leaving this all to me? in case of an, um, accident occurring... :innocent:

:noway:
x

1968. My,my. That is a very old anime. I can't remember that I have watched an one which is as old as yours. Some from the 70s, many from the 80s and the most ones from the 90s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending