The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan 2017

Hello everybody, I'm European resident and according to Brexit, I'd like to ask you if the loan for posgratuate study will be available in 2017?
I'ts very important to know this because without the loan I can not afford, I'm planning to study in 2017 but I'm very anxious about.
If the loan will not be available in 2017 I have to change my plans and apply for 2016.
Reply 1
Original post by Mike arg
Hello everybody, I'm European resident and according to Brexit, I'd like to ask you if the loan for posgratuate study will be available in 2017?
I'ts very important to know this because without the loan I can not afford, I'm planning to study in 2017 but I'm very anxious about.
If the loan will not be available in 2017 I have to change my plans and apply for 2016.

We have absolutely no way of predicting the future - nobody knows this. I doubt even Student Finance will know at this point. Sorry. You will just have to make the same guess that everyone else in your position is being forced to.
We have no idea.

We have no idea if it will continue for UK students, never mind those from the EU.

And frankly this is the sort of thing that will be very low on anyone's list of things to focus on in the next few months!
Reply 3
I don't think that this will be low on anyone's list of thinks to focus on....vice versa, many people are considering it very important and necessary to be able to stady at postgraduate level..... so...
I don't think that this will be low on anyone's list of thinks to focus on....vice versa, many people are considering it very important and necessary to be able to stady at postgraduate level..... so...

Err in the grand scheme of thing postgraduates are low down the chain compared to getting a new Prime Minister and government and negotiating our exit from the EU. I suggest if you are worried about finances you get working and saving.
Reply 5
That's what I've been doing...working and working.. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jelly1000
Err in the grand scheme of thing postgraduates are low down the chain compared to getting a new Prime Minister and government and negotiating our exit from the EU. I suggest if you are worried about finances you get working and saving.

I don't know if you forget or no but I'm taking about the LOAN which is not a gift...
Only serious answers...
Reply 7

I don't know if you forget or no but I'm taking about LOAN which is not a gift...
Only serious answers...
I don't know if you forget or no but I'm taking about LOAN which is not a gift...
Only serious answers...

I'm being 100% serious. The loan costs the UK govt money as it has get the money to provide it from somewhere and then many students, especially EU ones who go back home, don't pay it all back.
Reply 9
I'm being 100% serious. The loan costs the UK govt money as it has get the money to provide it from somewhere and then many students, especially EU ones who go back home, don't pay it all back.

If you have any queries about why they give PG loan to students go ask to the UK govt. I'm not going to be discussing this with you and I don't care about your opinion. I repeat that the loan is not a gift, and the borrowed money will be paid all back and of course the govt will have benefit from each student.
However, I'm just not asking whether the UK govt should give the loan or not.
If you don't know the answer to my question just DON'T answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending