The Student Room Group

Is History and Politics joint honours worthless?

[deleted]
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I am in the same boat completely , i myself have heard similar things , because history is a strong degree and politics may be seen to bring it down but ATM i believe by taking politics as well i will have a wider range of course options.

I have applied for COVENTRY , which recently turned my offer to unconditional and UEA , which is a foundation year humanities first which they said once completed moving to do HISTORY AND POLITICS BA is easy so i am just contemplating the two
History... Politics... History and Politics.. It doesn't matter. Employers won't look down on you because you did an extra subject. They care more about you, the skills you gained, the work experience you did, etc..

So do whichever one you prefer.

Original post by CDaden
I am in the same boat completely , i myself have heard similar things , because history is a strong degree and politics may be seen to bring it down but ATM i believe by taking politics as well i will have a wider range of course options.

I have applied for COVENTRY , which recently turned my offer to unconditional and UEA , which is a foundation year humanities first which they said once completed moving to do HISTORY AND POLITICS BA is easy so i am just contemplating the two
Reply 3
Original post by Legendary Quest
History... Politics... History and Politics.. It doesn't matter. Employers won't look down on you because you did an extra subject. They care more about you, the skills you gained, the work experience you did, etc..

That is what i thought :smile:
Original post by CDaden
That is what i thought :smile:

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 5
Good luck. :smile:

Thanks :smile: what uni are you/were you at and what was/is the subject
Original post by CDaden
Thanks :smile: what uni are you/were you at and what was/is the subject

I'm going to study History and Politics at *a* university. :tongue: I just completed my A2s.
When it comes to non-STEM subjects like Politics, History, Sociology, Economics or, say, Business, it's all about the university.

A History and Politics degree from Oxbridge is worth more than a STEM degree from non-Russell Group university. Politics or History are worth more from, say, LSE or UCL than an Economics degree from Sheffield or Manchester.

You can search through unistats.
Reply 8
I'm going to study History and Politics at *a* university. :tongue: I just completed my A2s.

same , just realised though that i don't know what the course spec for coventry is though .... probably should have looked
Original post by CDaden
same , just realised though that i don't know what the course spec for coventry is though .... probably should have looked

Yeah, with History there is so much you can do so each university has many different modules. I just glanced at the Coventry website and it seems as though they have a nice variety of modules which is great for you. It's best to try and find out precisely what they have on offer so it matches your interests. :smile:

This.

Quick Reply

Latest