The Student Room Group

in a weird situation, help??

so i've been friends with someone for about 4 years now. when we were first friends they were a female and didn't show any signs of being transgender. i watched them have boyfriends and we were literally like best friends. Then they realised they weren't into boys and about 2 years ago came out as lesbian, they got a girlfriend and we were still super close. After about 6 months they broke up with their girlfriend and started acting very flirty with me and i basically just hinted i wasn't into girls and we stayed friends. Within the last year this person has been suffering with a lot of mental illnesses (depression, body dysmorphia) and recently came out as trans. They cut all their hair off and now look a lot like a male. I don't want to misgender them or anything here so sorry if i make a mistake but they're now a male who likes girls (but still has female body parts if you get me) we're still close and i completely supported their transition. However the flirtiness is still there and i recently got asked why i wouldn't date them as they were now a guy and i was into guy and i literally don't know what to say cus i guess that's true? is it bad that i still wouldn't consider dating them ever though i do care about them deeply, i wouldn't feel comfortable?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
so i've been friends with someone for about 4 years now. when we were first friends they were a female and didn't show any signs of being transgender. i watched them have boyfriends and we were literally like best friends. Then they realised they weren't into boys and about 2 years ago came out as lesbian, they got a girlfriend and we were still super close. After about 6 months they broke up with their girlfriend and started acting very flirty with me and i basically just hinted i wasn't into girls and we stayed friends. Within the last year this person has been suffering with a lot of mental illnesses (depression, body dysmorphia) and recently came out as trans. They cut all their hair off and now look a lot like a male. I don't want to misgender them or anything here so sorry if i make a mistake but they're now a male who likes girls (but still has female body parts if you get me) we're still close and i completely supported their transition. However the flirtiness is still there and i recently got asked why i wouldn't date them as they were now a guy and i was into guy and i literally don't know what to say cus i guess that's true? is it bad that i still wouldn't consider dating them ever though i do care about them deeply, i wouldn't feel comfortable?

Hi there. You shouldnt feel bad. Do you find him attractive?
Not weird at all. Don't feel bad. Say you wouldn't because you're friends and you prefer it that way.
I don't think it matters why you wouldn't date someone. I agree with the above poster - just say you'd prefer to stay friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending