The Student Room Group

What is a good job for graduates ?

I graduated last year, and im working in a call centre in customer services and its is very dull and boring. Its not that bad but I know everything now and I need a new challenge.

Initially I wanted to go into the police and have applied so fingers crossed. However police recruitment takes a long time. What jobs are there that are decent and enjoyable for graduates ?
it depends on your interests, really. Most graduate jobs aren't degree-specific so you don't have to get a job which requires your degree specifically. But make sure you can prove you are interested in a certain career sector because competition is tough.
Reply 2
But still I need something interesting :s-smilie:
Reply 3
30k+
Original post by redleader1
But still I need something interesting :s-smilie:

if you're still unsure, think about your current skillset and find out what would really make use of the skills you're confident in.
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
if you're still unsure, think about your current skillset and find out what would really make use of the skills you're confident in.

I understand that, my main aim is police and I do have other interests. Im just thinking about the time being, call centre work is so boring. The applications for public services take a very long time due to background checks etc.
Reply 6
Original post by Drex50
30k+

What jobs ?
Reply 7
What jobs ?

I make a fair bit more than that as an FP&A Analyst in my early 20s
I graduated last year, and im working in a call centre in customer services and its is very dull and boring. Its not that bad but I know everything now and I need a new challenge.

Initially I wanted to go into the police and have applied so fingers crossed. However police recruitment takes a long time. What jobs are there that are decent and enjoyable for graduates ?

Trainee Recruitment Consultant. Depending on what companies you apply with they can pay up to 20, 30 or £40,000 - £100,000 a year
Register online with Reed, CV Library, Indeed, Monster
You will get a recruitment job quickly with your degree and your experience in a call centre but they do prefer people who want to stay with them long term so don't tell them your waiting to hear about the police job.
Register with Reed first and all the others at the same time
And go into an agency on the high road like Reed, etc.
Agencies can get you jobs quicker
Reply 9
Original post by Judge Judy
Trainee Recruitment Consultant. Depending on what companies you apply with they can pay up to 20, 30 or £40,000 - £100,000 a year
Register online with Reed, CV Library, Indeed, Monster
You will get a recruitment job quickly with your degree and your experience in a call centre but they do prefer people who want to stay with them long term so don't tell them your waiting to hear about the police job.
Register with Reed first and all the others at the same time
And go into an agency on the high road like Reed, etc.
Agencies can get you jobs quicker

Didnt you comment on another thread of mine :smile: ? In regards to recruitment jobs arent they based on commision ?
Dustbin man
Didnt you comment on another thread of mine :smile: ? In regards to recruitment jobs arent they based on commision ?

I don't take notice of anyone's user names sometimes so i thought this was a new thread by someone else but clearly you did not take my advice and apply for those jobs because if you had done you would see on the job descriptions that they pay a guaranteed wage but how people make lots more extra money or earn £100,000 a year is through commission. It's not an only commission job, if it was i would not touch it with a barge pole myself because i hate those type of jobs
I try to tell as many people as possible about it because i wish someone had told me years ago that they employ anyone even if they had no experience
It's better than call centre jobs because it's not boring and you have the potential to earn more than in a call centre or retail jobs
Original post by Judge Judy
I don't take notice of anyone's user names sometimes so i thought this was a new thread by someone else but clearly you did not take my advice and apply for those jobs because if you had done you would see on the job descriptions that they pay a guaranteed wage but how people make lots more extra money or earn £100,000 a year is through commission. It's not an only commission job, if it was i would not touch it with a barge pole myself because i hate those type of jobs
I try to tell as many people as possible about it because i wish someone had told me years ago that they employ anyone even if they had no experience
It's better than call centre jobs because it's not boring and you have the potential to earn more than in a call centre or retail jobs

I understand that and did look at some jobs and I did see the fixed wage. However some seem like con jobs. I mean long hours trying to get someone into work. I dont mind recruitment in my current company.

But arent some on Reid like based around sales also ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending