The Student Room Group

Unit 5 Physics Edexcel A2 and Edexcel IAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
but dark matter increases the mass of the universe? Surely it would increase the density by that logic?

Yes, it should. :/ Idk lol. I'm confused.
but dark matter increases the mass of the universe? Surely it would increase the density by that logic?

Is the answer actually B? I would go for A.
Original post by mrbeady9

I'd go for A too hmm maybe its cos it mentions expanding so if its expanding faster it'll expand for like well forever? idek lol
Original post by mrbeady9

It is B - if it was A the rate of expansion would be slowing down. I actually thought it was D because the age of the universe is inversely proportional to the velocity by Hubble's Law but I must have been overthinking it :P
It is B - if it was A the rate of expansion would be slowing down. I actually thought it was D because the age of the universe is inversely proportional to the velocity by Hubble's Law but I must have been overthinking it :P

:lol:
God damn physics , panicking like hell , don't know what to do after I've done all the past papers
Original post by Pudge666
God damn physics , panicking like hell , don't know what to do after I've done all the past papers

You can go through examiner reports, revise weak points and theory. Or you can try questions from other boards such as AQA etc if you wanna test yourself! :smile:
Hardest past paper attempted by you guys till now?
Reply 168
Original post by apocolyptic
Hardest past paper attempted by you guys till now?

personally i'd say June 2012
lads how many papers can one do in a day if they fully bangout need to start now
Anyone know which paper had the lowest grade boundaries over the last 5 years or so? I also wanna give the hardest paper a try, reckon tomorrow might be a very hard paper after unit 4 being pretty simple
Original post by Benji12345
Anyone know which paper had the lowest grade boundaries over the last 5 years or so? I also wanna give the hardest paper a try, reckon tomorrow might be a very hard paper after unit 4 being pretty simple

IAL 2015 has the highest grade boundaries - 52 for an A

I was thinking along the same lines as you - do you know why the answer can't be D? Thanks!

Etotal = 1/2.k.(A)^2
when simplified its E = (A)^2

since A=2A .*. its (2A)^2
simplified E = 4A^2

.*. its 4x the original E value .*. 4E. @ answer 'C'.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Etotal = 1/2.k.(A)^2
when simplified its E = (A)^2

since A=2A .*. its (2A)^2
simplified E = 4A^2

.*. its 4x the original E value .*. 4E. @ answer 'C'.

Thanks - Which equation are you using?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by candycake
Thanks - Which equation are you using?

Etotal = 1/2 . k . (A)^2

Original post by sabahshahed294
Is the answer C?

Yes.
Guys , I keep making dumb mistakes with temperature calculation , how can you tell if you have to use kelvin or celsius
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Etotal = 1/2 . k . (A)^2

Sorry - I'm sure this is really obvious but I still can't place the equation. Is it in the formula sheet? I've tried GPE, elastic strain energy etc.

Quick Reply

Latest