The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5B (Medical Physics) - 28th June 2016

Anyone doing this exam here (Medical Physics)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by particlestudent

Hey dude am doing medical physics too 😫 do you have any good quality notes to go by?
Any idea of what may be coming up?
Original post by adris
Hey dude am doing medical physics too 😫 do you have any good quality notes to go by?

Yes! A medical student has finally shown themselves :biggrin:. I don't have many notes I'm afraid, i don't think this topic is too bad. We are lucky that the boundaries are low for medical :smile:. Pretty much anything could come up, I'd just say make sure you know your content well. I've tried to revise potential six markers as well like how sound is processed in our ear, medical equipment comparisons etc. I really hate the eye section! I don't mind the rest of it...

Unfortunately:frown: Our school forced us to do it.

Also given that I am a mathematician I am really struggling with all the bs material we have to learn
Original post by adris

I have got the Aqa notes if you dont already have them...
Original post by mohdstudent
Unfortunately:frown: Our school forced us to do it.

Also given that I am a mathematician I am really struggling with all the bs material we have to learn

Well we're lucky the boundaries are low... do you know all the content now or do you need to go over it again?
Well we're lucky the boundaries are low... do you know all the content now or do you need to go over it again?

I keep going over the topics. There is just too much detail and the eye chapter is a nightmare! I think that the 6 marker will be on the eye since it didn't show up previously.

How are you finding the topics? And ya youre right luckily grade boundaries are low.
I keep going over the topics. There is just too much detail and the eye chapter is a nightmare! I think that the 6 marker will be on the eye since it didn't show up previously.

How are you finding the topics? And ya youre right luckily grade boundaries are low.

They're okay. I think the ear chapter, biopotentials and the equipment are fairly straight forward, but the ear is a bit too much :biggrin:
Helpful video for Short/Long sightedness and the correcting lenses for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMN2tUEcZqI

@mohdstudent

I'll tag you since you don't like the eye chapter :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Helpful video for Short/Long sightedness and the correcting lenses for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMN2tUEcZqI

@mohdstudent

I'll tag you since you don't like the eye chapter :smile:.

Thanks! That was really helpful.
Thanks! That was really helpful.

No problem, today was a very long day for me! Managed to go over all of unit 5 up to biological measurements (chapter 3 of medical). Tomorrow I'll go over the equipment. How is your revision going? I done June 2010 medical and it wasn't even that bad :biggrin:
No problem, today was a very long day for me! Managed to go over all of unit 5 up to biological measurements (chapter 3 of medical). Tomorrow I'll go over the equipment. How is your revision going? I done June 2010 medical and it wasn't even that bad :biggrin:

Wow that is really good. I had an exam today so I couldn't do medical over the weekend. I am revising the last two chapters now and I will try to attempt 2-3 past papers today.
Wow that is really good. I had an exam today so I couldn't do medical over the weekend. I am revising the last two chapters now and I will try to attempt 2-3 past papers today.

I'm just skimming through the past papers.
I'm just skimming through the past papers.

I think I wont have time to do the pastpapers. I am still going over unit 5A :frown:
I think I wont have time to do the pastpapers. I am still going over unit 5A :frown:

Any luck doing papers? :smile:
Any luck doing papers? :smile:

I have watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze20nhbajnY he does a walk through for some section A papers. Still going through the content though...I am definitely under prepared (I always hated bio anyway so I refused to learn this module this year and now I am regretting it). At least i did well in unit 4 so that will hopefully help.

How about you? I am assuming you are in a better position than I am how is your revision going ?
(edited 7 years ago)
I have watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze20nhbajnY he does a walk through for some section A papers. Still going through the content though...I am definitely under prepared (I always hated bio anyway so I refused to learn this module this year and now I am regretting it). At least i did well in unit 4 so that will hopefully help.

How about you? I am assuming you are in a better position than I am how is your revision going ?

I'm glad Unit 4 went well for you, the same for me so I abandoned unit 5 for a long time... I'm actually struggling with the ideal gas chapter in comparison to the medical one...
I'm glad Unit 4 went well for you, the same for me so I abandoned unit 5 for a long time... I'm actually struggling with the ideal gas chapter in comparison to the medical one...

There isn't a lot to learn there. The trickiest part is when you use the ratios. I am thinking of sleeping really late today like 3 or 4 since Unit 5 doesnt require a lot of thinking just recalling so might be worth staying up late doing past papers. Not sure if that is gonna work. I just cant wait to finish last day tomorrow. :smile:
There isn't a lot to learn there. The trickiest part is when you use the ratios. I am thinking of sleeping really late today like 3 or 4 since Unit 5 doesnt require a lot of thinking just recalling so might be worth staying up late doing past papers. Not sure if that is gonna work. I just cant wait to finish last day tomorrow. :smile:

I'm going to sleep soon and then wake up around half 5 to do some papers. You're right though, a lot of it is recalling, especially medical :biggrin:. Is it just me or does the dBA scale make absolutely no sense at all :s-smilie:

I like the years that start off with drawing light rays and calculating focal lengths etc. I HATE questions on dim white light, rods/cones etc. all that nonsense...
I'm going to sleep soon and then wake up around half 5 to do some papers. You're right though, a lot of it is recalling, especially medical :biggrin:. Is it just me or does the dBA scale make absolutely no sense at all :s-smilie:

I like the years that start off with drawing light rays and calculating focal lengths etc. I HATE questions on dim white light, rods/cones etc. all that nonsense...

Oh ya it doesnt make any sense, I will just memorise the mark scheme for that one just in case it comes up.

And ya I agree but for me the hard ones are the ones where they tell you someone is short sighted or long and ask you to do calculations from that, that is a nightmare for me I dont what to put for u v f and what is negative and what it is not.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending