The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) FP2 Monday 27th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marioman
I got this too, pretty sure it's right.

I kept getting pi=-4, and then realised I left out the 3!, and I even told myself before the exam to REMEMBER THE FACTORIALS
Original post by tangotangopapa2
Almost all of these are right. I got 16/3 for value of pi. I forgot to divide by 6 for question 5, second term.😭😭😭. Also was the third derivative -16?

Yep, -16 for ''' and 2 for '
For proof by induction, I found I(4) and assumed I(2k) = a/b where a and b are integers and fraction is cancelled out to loweset terms. Then I(2k+2) is also rational. (Using formula for I(n)).
Reply 143
Fudged up the proof of the reduction formulae and the induction on Q8 - I reckon I got between 60 and 63 - A* anyone? I think I've secured the A* already but it'd be nice if I got at least 90 on this
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pinley
Fudged up the proof of the reduction formulae and the induction on Q8 - I reckon I got between 63 and 66 - A* anyone? I think I've secured the A* already but it'd be nice if I got at least 90 on this

Should be 90+ UMS.
Original post by marioman
I got this too, pretty sure it's right.

I also got this
Original post by Pinley
Fudged up the proof of the reduction formulae and the induction on Q8 - I reckon I got between 63 and 66 - A* anyone? I think I've secured the A* already but it'd be nice if I got at least 90 on this

Of course that's going to be an A*.
Also for question 3, make (0, 2) a square root with 0 unchanged. All intersections with x axis also unchanged

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
Anyone able to remind me how we did the first part of Q7. I think I remember integration 1/x between 1 and infinity, giving me ln(inifinity) which is infinite. I did a little sketch as well
couldn't get the result for reduction or sketch the bloody iteration graph, but fairly sure i got the rest right probs got around 64 or 63
Original post by Pinley
Anyone able to remind me how we did the first part of Q7. I think I remember integration 1/x between 1 and infinity, giving me ln(inifinity) which is infinite. I did a little sketch as well

yup same
I think I got 58/72 , what ums mark do you think this will be . Pretty sure Ive averaged 90 over d2 and s2 but am unsure if this will bring the average below 90!! Ah well,
Reply 152
Original post by Sid1234
yup same

Sweet. I remember you posting on the S4 thread haha, sorry for being a nuisance but do you remember what you got for the pgf question Variance? I got 1.23 I think. And then also for that probability of C - did you get something like 0.15 + 2x?
Original post by Mr.Raskolnikov
Also for question 3, make (0, 2) a square root with 0 unchanged. All intersections with x axis also unchanged

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't it (0,6)? Unless I'm remembering wrong
Original post by duncanjgraham
I think I got 58/72 , what ums mark do you think this will be . Pretty sure Ive averaged 90 over d2 and s2 but am unsure if this will bring the average below 90!! Ah well,

I got around the same. I reckon it'll a be 80 UMS ish, maybe 85?
I got really confused with this question. When doing the integral was it from 0 to infinity or 1 to infinity. Either way you end up with ln(infinity)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheNicholas
Anyone note down their answers?

1: +-ln(1.5+0.5sqrt(5))
2. ln2 - pi/4
3. sketch - one of those ones with a circle ish shape intersecting x axis at 90, then nothing between 2 and 5, then another bit. (0,root2) (0, -root2) A, B, C were coordinates.
4. Beta = 3.733, Alpha = 1.6291
5. Maclaurin : 2x - (8/3)x^3
Pi approx 2/3 which rounds to 3
6. Theta = pi/10
(0.951,0.309)
area pi/20
7. ln(infinity) for first part, 2 is upper limit of second part
8. bunch of show thats, messed up reduction.
Original post by Pinley
Sweet. I remember you posting on the S4 thread haha, sorry for being a nuisance but do you remember what you got for the pgf question Variance? I got 1.23 I think. And then also for that probability of C - did you get something like 0.15 + 2x?

1.23 is right, c was 0.15 +2x but you can solve for x and x=0.1, so C was 0.35
Original post by Sid1234
1: +-ln(1.5+0.5sqrt(5))
2. ln2 - pi/4
3. sketch - one of those ones with a circle ish shape intersecting x axis at 90, then nothing between 2 and 5, then another bit. (0,root2) (0, -root2) A, B, C were coordinates.
4. Beta = 3.733, Alpha = 1.6291
5. Maclaurin : 2x - (8/3)x^3
Pi approx 2/3 which rounds to 3
6. Theta = pi/10
(0.951,0.309)
area pi/20
7. ln(infinity) for first part, 2 is upper limit of second part
8. bunch of show thats, messed up reduction.

Thanks! My answers are the same except I got a different alpha value, think I just mistyped it into my calculator when typing in all my answers, do you happen to remember the questions? Something -e^x =0?
Original post by tangotangopapa2
For proof by induction, I found I(4) and assumed I(2k) = a/b where a and b are integers and fraction is cancelled out to loweset terms. Then I(2k+2) is also rational. (Using formula for I(n)).

did something similar to this, but didnt use a/b just said is rational. did I(1) as it was easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending