AQA Mechanics 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hjyu1
On 6b is there suppose to be a constant by e^-t

How come?
Reply 61
Original post by bartbarrow
2ii was 1.26 (cube root of 2), the question was "At what time does F act towards south?" so i component = 0, 2 = t^3, t = (2)^1/3

Think that was part iii, so I think you're right and he's forgotten that part, but 8.2 is the magnitude of the force at t=3 which was definitely one of the questions
Original post by jtebbbs
Think that was part iii, so I think you're right and he's forgotten that part, but 8.2 is the magnitude of the force at t=3 which was definitely one of the questions

Ah, yep, he's just forgotten a part
Reply 63
Original post by benjammy
I included work against friction in my solution and got 7.5m as my answer

7.50 and 4? (reject 4 obvs) I got that but didn't use cos30 to find the frictional force so maybe we made the same mistake?
Reply 64
Original post by jtebbbs
How come?

I didn't have one and on the mark scheme there is one
Reply 65
Original post by Hjyu1
I didn't have one and on the mark scheme there is one

Yeah think there is, cause you have ln(g - lambda*v) so when you get rid of the logs you still have a lambda so you have to divide through by it
Reply 66
Original post by jtebbbs
Yeah think there is, cause you have ln(g - lambda*v) so when you get rid of the logs you still have a lambda so you have to divide through by it

Yeah I'm saying by the power
Reply 67
Original post by bartbarrow
Ah, yep, he's just forgotten a part

Corrected, knew I was missing something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jtebbbs
7.50 and 4? (reject 4 obvs) I got that but didn't use cos30 to find the frictional force so maybe we made the same mistake?

We have the exact same solution. I didn't use cos30 either I don't think, I'd expect us to to get around marks on that question then - dropping two marks for not using cos30 (though they may be kind and we may only lose one) and then the final answer mark
Reply 69
Original post by Hjyu1

Yeah because when you integrate the left hand side, you have to divide through by -lambda cause of the chain rule, so when you multiply your expression by lambda, t becomes lambda*t
Reply 70
Original post by Hjyu1

Yes there was. It's a common mistake but you had to multiply both sides by -lambda before integrating as the g-lambda*v differentiates to -lambda.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by benjammy
We have the exact same solution. I didn't use cos30 either I don't think, I'd expect us to to get around marks on that question then - dropping two marks for not using cos30 (though they may be kind and we may only lose one) and then the final answer mark

I'd say we'd get one for considering all the transfers of energy, maybe two for getting all but one term correct and getting all the distances correct, then hopefully one more method mark somewhere else so maybe 4ish out of 8, don't think it'll be a complete write off
Reply 73
Original post by jjsnyder
Yes there was. It's a common mistake but you had to multiply both sides by -lambda before integrating as the g-lambda*v differentiates to -lambda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many marks would I loose for that
Reply 74
Original post by Hjyu1
How many marks would I loose for that

Probably 2/3 out of 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by jtebbbs
Yeah because when you integrate the left hand side, you have to divide through by -lambda cause of the chain rule, so when you multiply your expression by lambda, t becomes lambda*t

I see yeah stupid error when rushing it
Reply 76
Original post by jjsnyder
Probably 2/3 out of 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate you're the one pushing all the grade boundaries up, swear you come out of all these exams with a 100% correct mark scheme in 5 minutes XD
Reply 77
I got 7.58
I got x=0 and x=3.58
For last q obv
Reply 78
Original post by C0balt
I got 7.58
I got x=0 and x=3.58
For last q obv

Most people have that
Reply 79
Original post by jtebbbs
Mate you're the one pushing all the grade boundaries up, swear you come out of all these exams with a 100% correct mark scheme in 5 minutes XD

Haha had a few incorrect this time, FP2 was 75/75 though :smile: Hope they help anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending