The Student Room Group

The idea that brexiters are racist is ridiculous

I am a minority. It is a hugely cynical misrepresentation of the voters. Bremainers should look at themselves with their class biases and the racists in their own ranks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Definitely not racist, but hardly open minded I would say, unless you only voted leave because you simply don't like the EU and it's lack of direct democracy.
Well MOST racists are brexiters.
Original post by ellie0497

And does that mean the whole Brexit movement is fundamentally racist? It just means we have racists that support the political opinion. Just as Bremain has racists in their ranks.
Original post by James.Carnell
And does that mean the whole Brexit movement is fundamentally racist? It just means we have racists that support the political opinion. Just as Bremain has racists in their ranks.

Funny isn't it, she's probably one of those who claim Islam has nothing to do with Islamic terrorism :lol:

Most 18-24 year olds didn't bother voting :giggle:
Original post by James.Carnell
I am a minority. It is a hugely cynical misrepresentation of the voters. Bremainers should look at themselves with their class biases and the racists in their own ranks.

A majority of racists were Brexiters, and I agree that this does not mean that all Brexiters are racist. It seems as though this stereotype has come out due to the fact that out of all Brexiters it was those that spoke very openly and loudly about their hatred of immigrants became the image of the 'typical Brexiter', therefore completely overcrowding those who voted Leave without any racist intent.
It would be wrong however to then argue that Brexiters aren't racists, because many of them are. This has been seen in the recent reports of racism against Muslims, Polish people and those of other ethnicities. It can't be denied that the result of the referendum has given a rise to racist acts. Saying that though, of course not all Brexiters are racists, but as previously said, a lot of them are.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DaveThe2nd

That's cultural appropriation of black culture, you racist.
Not all Brexiters are racists.......Just a lot of them.
It doesnt stop people going along the lines that all muslims are terrorists and there are many who are happy to go along with that view or fail to confront it.
Now you might know how muslims feel.
Again with this ****. This is the strategy:

Take a plausible position,

E.g "MANY Brexiters are xenophobic or racist and hold entirely unjustified prejudices against foreigners despite all the evidence,"

And turn it into:

"ALL BREXITERS ARE RACIST AAND WANT ALL FOREIGNERS TO BE DEPORTED TO HELL, OR WORSE, TO TURKEY"

That's called a strawman my friends.
Original post by GreenIceCream
Again with this ****. This is the strategy:

Take a plausible position,

E.g "MANY Brexiters are xenophobic or racist and hold entirely unjustified prejudices against foreigners despite all the evidence,"

And turn it into:

"ALL BREXITERS ARE RACIST AAND WANT ALL FOREIGNERS TO BE DEPORTED TO HELL, OR WORSE, TO TURKEY"

That's called a strawman my friends.

Indeed, there is no common sense, just hysteria from a lot of Bremainers.
I've tried to make this point OP. There is an obvious logical argument, that the EU compels UK employers to prioritized white christians or athiests for jobs, over black or Asian people of different faiths. It doesn't even matter because apparently so many of them don't care about logic, integrity or truth, they are just a bunch of bleating propagandists and smear merchants.
some of them would make Stalin proud, seriously...My opinion of remain had progrssively sunk lower and lower as they show they are unconcerned about truth. I think in the end it shows the desperation and dirtiness of an establishment trying to cling on to the last vestiges of power.
A few of them are, most of them aren't. You can guess who the only ones are that will be paid attention. That's the way of things unfortunately.

How can you even determine that? Don't let that stop you thinking remainers couldn't possibly be racist as well. You think they care about anyone? They're just worried about the economy :rolleyes:
I think either side probably had an even spread, SJWs pretty much all voted remain and skinheads pretty much all voted leave.

so are there not any racists in the remain camp then?
Reply 19
Jeremy Corbyn supported Brexit and he's one of the biggest SJWs in Labour :lol:

But yeah, lots of racism going round on Twitter etc. right now. Seems to be the dumbest Leavers tbf, our equivalent of the Remainers who whinge about older people having the vote
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending