The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) FP2 Monday 27th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Come on guys its great if it went well for you personally. But can we please stop scaring people witless/making people feel **** saying it was an easy paper when it very clearly wasn't :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
could someone please upload a picture of the questions if they have them?
Original post by henry_rolt.98
Come on guys its great if it went well for you personally. But can we please stop scaring people witless/making people feel **** saying it was an easy paper when it very clearly wasn't :smile:

Lol thanks exactly what I was thinking. Been getting a*s all year and didn't even finish the paper because I messed up the reduction formula so yeah it was not easy

my school group found it particularly difficult, and then i came on here and it seems like a fine paper to everybody else.. usually the student room is a decent representation of the general response tho however :/
Original post by duncanjgraham
my school group found it particularly difficult, and then i came on here and it seems like a fine paper to everybody else.. usually the student room is a decent representation of the general response tho however :/

Mine too, probably one of the worst I've done so idk how everyone found it easy but :/
Original post by becksreills
Mine too, probably one of the worst I've done so idk how everyone found it easy but :/

some clever people on here
OCR gets unpredictable sometimes. Sometimes they set insanely hard questions like M2 this year while other times when everything goes well, they put students off-track setting very high grade boundaries. For instance, Everyone giving M3 paper was happy last year and OCR shocked them by setting grade boundaries very very high (69/72 for A*), Lets hope that same story does not repeat this time.

Spoiler

Original post by hallo.C
For 1 I had ln(1.5 +/- 0.5rt(5)) is that equivalent?

No sorry, it isn't
Original post by tangotangopapa2
OCR gets unpredictable sometimes. Sometimes they set insanely hard questions like M2 this year while other times when everything goes well, they put students off-track setting very high grade boundaries. For instance, Everyone giving M3 paper was happy last year and OCR shocked them by setting grade boundaries very very high (69/72 for A*), Lets hope that same story does not repeat this time.

Spoiler

You found this paper really easy
Original post by duncanjgraham
You found this paper really easy

Easier than anticipated
Original post by tobybes
No sorry, it isn't

Yes it definitely is the same?
Yes it definitely is the same?

Yes they DEFINITELY are equivalent, don't worry :smile:
Yes they DEFINITELY are equivalent, don't worry :smile:

Thought so lol I got worried for a second even tho I checked it in my calculator
Reply 193
I think everything apart from drawing the ln(2x-1)^2 graph and the proof by induction was okay for me. I imagine most people have forgotten how to do proof by induction so I think the grade boundaries will be slightly lower because of that.
Working on some decent solutions, will be up soon :smile:
I guess Further Maths doesn't get the privilege of a fancy mark scheme like standard maths? darn

edit:nvm!
(edited 7 years ago)
Thought so lol I got worried for a second even tho I checked it in my calculator

Sorry, my bad!
Grade boundaries?
Working on some decent solutions, will be up soon :smile:

Awesome! Please can you put the number of marks the questions are worth!
Original post by XY123
Did people remember proof by induction? Had no clue

When I read the induction question after doing the series question I officially said goodbye to my A* in FM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending