The Student Room Group

Girlfriend wearing revealing clothes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Is there something you feel the need to say? If you're going to have a problem, do it properly. An anon comment means nothing, and you've completely missed the point so well done with that.

loving the new look
Original post by Anonymous
loving the new look

Again, fancy making anything you say mean even an ounce by not hiding away? How about you actually contribute something to a discussion rather than just making petty comments.
you really shouldn't get upset about your girlfriend's clothing choices, it's not her responsibility to cater to your paranoia, if she's not flirting or flashing her boobs then you really can't complain
Don't accept this whorish behaviour and also don't listen to the feminazis on here, she wants attention from other men. Wearing a less revealing slutty dress should be important to her if it makes you feel bad and she cares about you. The state of modern women...
Its not whorish! Dont listen to these people! If she wants to wear it she can, but bring it up with her gently.

Besides, did you ever consider the possibility that she changed dresses not for the other men, but for you? To show herself off to her guy? To get him a little more excited and realise how lucky he has to have such a beautiful girlfriend? So when they go back home things can let a little :wink: ? Seriously, just ask her about it.

Relationship's about compromise, but understand why she wanted to change as well. :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by SMEGGGY
To have tits n pussy on show when courting? says more about you, that. Not lady like & morally indefensible. He should dump her, it's whorish behaviour. She seeks attention from other men, ****gish behaviour.

Chill dude
she can wear what she wants tbf
Original post by sadixx

Very true. But she shouldnt be in a relationship if she wants to show off to other people though.
Don't get upset. Just leave her and go for one that dresses the way you like. If she is dressing that way it is to compete with other women and attract men. Next!
Reply 109
Original post by Craig David
Don't get upset. Just leave her and go for one that dresses the way you like. If she is dressing that way it is to compete with other women and attract men. Next!

Tbh as long as she makes it clear she's not single etc and that she has a boyfriend there is nothing wrong with it as she is just showing off to everyone that you've got her
However ofc if she isn't making that clear to the people that compliment her then she's looking for attention either because that's the type of person she is or you're not giving her enough yourself
How about you put yourself in a similar situation. How would you like it if your girlfriend would pick every item of clothing for but whatever you'd like or feel good/comfortable in, she's force you not to wear it because "girls are going to look at you"? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't exactly be happy with that and would most likely refuse to cooperate with such thing

It works both ways dude, if you cannot stand a female you're dating wearing what she wants then you're the problem here really. Don't do something you wouldn't like to your significant other and expect them to like it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by katherine9609
How about you put yourself in a similar situation. How would you like it if your girlfriend would pick every item of clothing for but whatever you'd like or feel good/comfortable in, she's force you not to wear it because "girls are going to look at you"? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't exactly be happy with that and would most likely refuse to cooperate with such thing

It works both ways dude, if you cannot stand a female you're dating wearing what she wants then you're the problem here really. Don't do something you wouldn't like to your significant other and expect them to like it

What if he's okay with that though?
Original post by donutellme
What if he's okay with that though?

He still shouldn't do it to her if she isn't okay with it. A relationship shouldn't mean you cannot do things you want like eg. Dress the way you want. A boyfriend shouldn't be your 3rd parent
Original post by katherine9609
He still shouldn't do it to her if she isn't okay with it. A relationship shouldn't mean you cannot do things you want like eg. Dress the way you want. A boyfriend shouldn't be your 3rd parent

And she shouldnt even want to dress in that way. As in not because it makes bf uncomfortable(although that should be a factor), but because she doesn't WANT to show off to anyone else?
Original post by donutellme
And she shouldnt even want to dress in that way. As in not because it makes bf uncomfortable(although that should be a factor), but because she doesn't WANT to show off to anyone else?

If she wants to dress in any way then she can. If you have such a view on women that the moment they get a boyfriend they have to cover up then that's your problem not the girls

Most females dress for THEMSELVES not for men. What makes you think that we dress for men, to show off and for compliments lol

Not to mention, everyone has a different view on what's revealing clothing and what isn't so as far as we know, the guy could be throwing a fit over a vest top and shorts when they go out for shopping and not just her wearing a dress for a night out.

In all honesty, it's the guy who's letting his insecurities strain their relationship. If she doesn't see a problem, if she isn't reacting to those men (who lets remember, have the right to compliment her whether she has a bf or not) then the guy shouldn't be worrying because she's with him and not all these other guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dann_a
Tbh as long as she makes it clear she's not single etc and that she has a boyfriend there is nothing wrong with it as she is just showing off to everyone that you've got her
However ofc if she isn't making that clear to the people that compliment her then she's looking for attention either because that's the type of person she is or you're not giving her enough yourself

Yeah but if he doesn't like it and she keeps doing he should leave. Simple. It is a no brainer.
Me, my girlfriend and a few friends went out the other night. I picked my girlfriends dress, she tried them on I picked the one I liked the most. Half way through the night she changed into a more revealing dress for no reason. During the night she got complements from other boys and it really upset me that I went home (I get really anxious aswell and uncomfortable in situations easily). My GF said that it was nothing to worry about, she said sorry for changing dresses from the one I picked and we moved on.

This weekend were going out again and she wants to wear the same dress. I don't know how I feel about this.

Should I be upset that she wants to wear a dress that upset me so much when other people were looking and commenting? I'm not the person to say you can't wear this or that, so I'm in a bit of a situation here.

Any positive constructive comments welcome.
Thank you.

deffo not, be a man
Original post by Craig David

yassssss u know bby
Original post by sadixx

exactly!
Me, my girlfriend and a few friends went out the other night. I picked my girlfriends dress, she tried them on I picked the one I liked the most. Half way through the night she changed into a more revealing dress for no reason. During the night she got complements from other boys and it really upset me that I went home (I get really anxious aswell and uncomfortable in situations easily). My GF said that it was nothing to worry about, she said sorry for changing dresses from the one I picked and we moved on.

This weekend were going out again and she wants to wear the same dress. I don't know how I feel about this.

Should I be upset that she wants to wear a dress that upset me so much when other people were looking and commenting? I'm not the person to say you can't wear this or that, so I'm in a bit of a situation here.

Any positive constructive comments welcome.
Thank you.

Why are you picking out her dresses for her? She is her own person and if she wants to wear something revealing then let her do that! It doesn't automatically mean that she is going out to have other men's attention or if she's looking to get rid of you, she may just want to make herself feel good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending