The Student Room Group

Is Donald Trump all that bad?

Scroll to see replies

- Believes vaccinations cause autism

- Believes global warming is a myth perpetuated by china

- Believe abortion should be illegal

- Uses muslims and mexicans as a scapegoat for America's problems.

- Discriminates against muslims, 'wants surveillance on Mosques'

- Wants to cut department of education (probably to increase his voter count)

- Openly admits to trying to pay as little tax as possible (tax avoidance)

He is bad.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oldercon1953
hes worth 6 bil.

If he were earning an adequate return on his alleged six billion (and he's on record as claiming ten), then he could self-finance his campaign with only a year's income. Yet another reason that he's afraid to release his tax returns.
Original post by MovedMasterMike
Maybe Americans know something or see something In Trump which the world doesn't or Americans are brainless idiots and believe Trump's 'lies'.

I support Trump because' He doesn't know the first thing about being President so he doesn't know what a President can't do so he may just get something meaningful done. 2) Doesn't have a racist bone in his body. If he did he wouldn't have said the things he has THE WAY he has. ) Despises the whole idea of globilization. 3) Wants to get control of who we let into this wonderful country.
5) most importantly realizes it's time we tell the rest of the world that we have to start taking care of some of our problems. 4) Just enough of an ******* to treat Congress with the contempt they have earned.
Original post by Camilli
If he were earning an adequate return on his alleged six billion (and he's on record as claiming ten), then he could self-finance his campaign with only a year's income. Yet another reason that he's afraid to release his tax returns.

Worth has nothing to do with income. Candidates shouldn't release their returns. It's nobodies business how much anyone else has earned.
Reply 124
Original post by HucktheForde
I actually think he is just a massive troll. He is willing to say anything to get elected. but once he gets elected he does something else. He flip flopped on a few issues. I dont think he is despicable, he is just clueless.

I generally agree with this, before I thought he was an absolute tosser, but it's got to the point where I kind of just see him for what he is now, a joke basically and I don't actually hate him now tbh. I find many of the things he's said are despicable, but as a person, he's just an idiot really, it's impossible to know what he believes cause he's changing his mind all the time on certain issues, there's no consistency to his policies and views and there's hilariously little substance behind all the grand claims he makes, when you ask him to back up all his claims, he just waffles on without actually saying anything, he just says what he knows his devoted followers want to hear and they're too clueless to realise they're been fooled.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by Miracle-

He is bad.

Looking at this list, I'm still not entirely convinced this isn't actually just one massive joke on the American people, it's like he's a parody of an American Republican and I don't believe he truly believes in much of what he says, it's worrying anyone actually takes him seriously.
(edited 7 years ago)

He is bad.

1) Would have no effect on a Trump Presidency.
2) That global warming is caused by man and that man can reverse ir is a myth.
3) Except in the well known exceptions millions of Americans think it should be illegal. Most feel it should not be used as a form of birth control.
4) Nonsense. However, he and a vast majority of Americans do agree with many voices coming from Europe now that their religious beliefs forbid them from assimilating so would anyone with a lick of common sense what them in their country. No one has a right to live here. As for illegals of Mexican decent, can't you see how 11 million illegals can put an impossible strain on public entitlements? Arizona, New Mexico which are border states, are not wealthy states. Again, no one has a RIGHT to come here. You may feel you have nothing to lose. We do.
5) How has he discriminated against muslims? With the exception of a few left wing ******s any sane person would want surveillance of mosques.
6) The FEDERAL dept of EDUCATION should have been dismantled years ago. Centralized education in country the size and diverse as we are defies common sense.
7) Doesn't everyone in the world,(who works anyway,) pay as little tax as possible? You have a DUTY to pay as little tax as possible. Every denied the Gov. is a dollar worth of screwups we have saved ourselves from.
Original post by Camilli

Maybe you could contact him and secure a position as a financial adviser.

What in Trumps returns could match Clinton being the main reason Ambassador Stevens was killed in Libya. She turned down 600 individual requests to beef up security at the embassy.
Original post by ivybridge
Trump is a complete walking hypocrite and contradiction. I'd say do some research yourself.

Being a hypocrite and having contradictory beliefs describes every person on the planet.
Original post by ThankUBritain
Hillary Clinton is a lying old snatch who's bad judgement has killed many including the destruction of Libya.

Trump is not a politician which is what him so great. He is already very wealthy, so he is unlikely to be bought.

There is a lot of scaremongering over Trump because of his stance on illegal immigration and allowing more Muslims, from countries full of radicals who dislike America into the country.

Just because he can't be bought with money, doesn't mean he can't still be bought with political pressure. For example, the pressure he's facing right now to modify his stance to a more traditional, less anti-establishmentarian platform and tone down can be seen by him firing the campaign manager whose plan it was to "let Trump be Trump", with all the lack of thought moderation that entails. He isn't as keen to say whatever he thinks as you think - that can be seen by him continually saying that guns whatever weekly shooting happened in America, yet being strangely quiet when a Planned Parenthood is shot up. And his overt alienation of Muslims will only create more radicalisation since it maintains the them and us dichotomy ISIL benefits from; also, believe it or not, people who want to kill you will usually be perfectly happy with lying and saying they're not Muslim, and with moving to a different country to emigrate to the US from. Will he just ban all brown people? All bearded people?

Also, he was very loudly cheering for Brexit, as were far right groups across Europe, and Nigel Farage, who literally lied about the NHS.

He is bad.

Surveillance of mosques doesn't seem too bad, and wanting to pay very little tax isn't tax avoidance. Everything else is pretty bad though
Original post by Laurenloops
'Make America great again'. Oh yea, lets bring back slavery and oppress women along with a whole other host of things that America was apparently great for in the past -.-

I didn't really have an opinion about him, until I watched an interview he did in which he said he thinks women should be punished for abortion, but not the man. He's incredibly racist and sexist, that's just one of the ludicrous things he's said.

I really can't stand him...

He was speaking about whether or not there should be punishment for ILLEGAL abortions. Of-course there should be as there is no point it making something illegal if you refuse to enforce it. This is just another case of the media twisting the narrative to imply Trump is racist or sexist because they know that if they throw enough mud, some of it will stick. It will especially stick for millennial liberals who basically have no thinking skills.
(edited 7 years ago)
He's a moron that can't do that much damage. His views on the environment, foreign policy and even the economy are laughable but because they are so ridiculous, Congress can do what they do best.

He is bad.

I think you are quoting the media who have misquoted him on a number if not all of these subjects. However, there is good evidence that vaccinations do cause autism. The science behind global warming is shaky at best. There are good arguments that abortion should be illegal. Muslims and Mexicans have objectively been a problem for America. The US spends far more on education than the rest of the civilised world yet yields very poor relative results, it should be possible to spend less on education and yield better results for example by getting rid of common core. He's a businessman, ofcourse he tries to pay as little as legally possible, in my eyes this is a positive as he is likely to try and get the best possible deals for his country.
Original post by microsoft
I think you are quoting the media who have misquoted him on a number if not all of these subjects. However, there is good evidence that vaccinations do cause autism. The science behind global warming is shaky at best. There are good arguments that abortion should be illegal. Muslims and Mexicans have objectively been a problem for America. The US spends far more on education than the rest of the civilised world yet yields very poor relative results, it should be possible to spend less on education and yield better results for example by getting rid of common core. He's a businessman, ofcourse he tries to pay as little as legally possible, in my eyes this is a positive as he is likely to try and get the best possible deals for his country.

There is no evidence vaccinations cause autism.
The evidence behind global warming is overwhelming.

I may also need to tell you that the earth is not flat and is older than 6000 years given your outlook on evidence.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is no evidence vaccinations cause autism.
The evidence behind global warming is overwhelming.

I may also need to tell you that the earth is not flat and is older than 6000 years given your outlook on evidence.

The concern is over an ingredient called Thimerosal , a mercury based product used as a preservative and there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest a link between it and autism that the National Institute of Mental Health is still conducting active research in it.

There is not a shred of evidence that draws an unquestionable link between increased levels of CO2 and an increase in temps. I have seen research showing the opposite. Is the earth warming? Anyone can look at a thermometer and correctly conclude , yes. To claim that man is the cause and demand vast sums of money be wasted on a solution without a problem is absurd.
Most teachers are left-wing idiots who are in the business of brainwashing students. Why do you care what they think? I don't.
The concern is over an ingredient called Thimerosal , a mercury based product used as a preservative and there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest a link between it and autism that the National Institute of Mental Health is still conducting active research in it.

There is not a shred of evidence that draws an unquestionable link between increased levels of CO2 and an increase in temps. I have seen research showing the opposite. Is the earth warming? Anyone can look at a thermometer and correctly conclude , yes. To claim that man is the cause and demand vast sums of money be wasted on a solution without a problem is absurd.

The fact that you say there is not a shred of evidence baffles me. There is overwhelming evidence,
Firstly, there is NOT enough anecdotal evidence to suggest a link, in fact, only a couple of studies were done in the 1990's that showed there MAY be a link between vaccinations and autism. That study has been heavily criticized for its methodology and the results have been deemed un-interpretable by scientific organisations.

Since then over 49 studies (including many from the NMH) have concluded time and time again that there is no link between vaccinations and autism. This entire claim is unsubstantiated and made up on fear. Vaccinations DO NOT cause autism. The fact that trump believes the fear and bases his decisions on emotion rather than fact shows you exactly why he is unsuitable for POTUS.

There is overwhelming evidence that there is a link between increased levels of CO2 and increase in temperatures, in fact I would like to see your evidence against it because there is a almost full consensus that it is happening.
97% of scientists believe global warming is happening and that we are the cause. Search the internet do your own research. How can you deny such these facts?
Look at both sides of the argument instead of shouting in your trump echo chamber.

Trump is the once again basing a countries future, not on experts or science, but on his own tiny world view opinion. This is toxic for a country.
(edited 7 years ago)
1) Would have no effect on a Trump Presidency.
2) That global warming is caused by man and that man can reverse ir is a myth.
3) Except in the well known exceptions millions of Americans think it should be illegal. Most feel it should not be used as a form of birth control.
4) Nonsense. However, he and a vast majority of Americans do agree with many voices coming from Europe now that their religious beliefs forbid them from assimilating so would anyone with a lick of common sense what them in their country. No one has a right to live here. As for illegals of Mexican decent, can't you see how 11 million illegals can put an impossible strain on public entitlements? Arizona, New Mexico which are border states, are not wealthy states. Again, no one has a RIGHT to come here. You may feel you have nothing to lose. We do.
5) How has he discriminated against muslims? With the exception of a few left wing ******s any sane person would want surveillance of mosques.
6) The FEDERAL dept of EDUCATION should have been dismantled years ago. Centralized education in country the size and diverse as we are defies common sense.
7) Doesn't everyone in the world,(who works anyway,) pay as little tax as possible? You have a DUTY to pay as little tax as possible. Every denied the Gov. is a dollar worth of screwups we have saved ourselves from.

1) A person who makes his mind up on emotion(fear) and his own small world view shouldn't be running a country, but hey congratulations, at least you didn't try to refute that vaccinations do not cause autism.

2) You may need to do some research on climate change and global warming. There is a overwhelming consensus from scientists (97%) that global warming is happening and we are the cause. Maybe try looking into both sides of the argument instead of watching fox news and basing all your opinions on that so it fits your bubble.

3) Trump shouldn't be enforcing laws that decide what a man or woman does with their body. It should not be part of law, the fact he has flip-flopped on this issue is scary enough.

4) Mexicans contribute a massive 4% GDP to your countries economy. If you look at the facts you will see these people are helping your society massively. Once against, try and look at all sides instead of holding yourself in a trump bubble.

5) Wanting surveillance in mosques IS DISCRIMINATION. You obviously have a problem with Muslims if you think that this is a 'normal' thing to want. The vast vast majority of Muslims are just normal people want to live normal lives. These people work and slowly integrate into society more and more over time. You need to face up to the fact that Islam is just like any religion, just like Christianity, is flawed at the heart but over time will accommodate to western values.

Trump is doing NOTHING to promote integration and this divide will cause more problems than you believe it will solve.

6) Under funding education will not fix any of these problems. I'm guessing that money could go towards the military instead, I'm sure you would prefer that.

7) Paying a little tax as possible is fair enough. Avoiding tax is morally wrong and should not be condoned by a possible POTUS
The fact that you say there is not a shred of evidence baffles me. There is overwhelming evidence,
Firstly, there is NOT enough anecdotal evidence to suggest a link, in fact, only a couple of studies were done in the 1990's that showed there MAY be a link between vaccinations and autism. That study has been heavily criticized for its methodology and the results have been deemed un-interpretable by scientific organisations.

Since then over 49 studies (including many from the NMH) have concluded time and time again that there is no link between vaccinations and autism. This entire claim is unsubstantiated and made up on fear. Vaccinations DO NOT cause autism. The fact that trump believes the fear and bases his decisions on emotion rather than fact shows you exactly why he is unsuitable for POTUS.

There is overwhelming evidence that there is a link between increased levels of CO2 and increase in temperatures, in fact I would like to see your evidence against it because there is a almost full consensus that it is happening.
97% of scientists believe global warming is happening and that we are the cause. Search the internet do your own research. How can you deny such these facts?
Look at both sides of the argument instead of shouting in your trump echo chamber.

Trump is the once again basing a countries future, not on experts or science, but on his own tiny world view opinion. This is toxic for a country.

Perhaps the Institute for Mental Health is lying when they say they are concerned enough about a link they are currently conducting research.

I laugh everytime I see that phrase, " 97% of scientists agree". How about, 97% of scientists we polled who were left-wing tree hugging whack jobs who are counting on perpetuating the myth to receive more grant money to pay their rent. If you've NOT seen credible research to the contrary youre the one not looking at all the evidence. I suggest you goggle the subject.
I love donald trump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending