The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imran_
my firm wanted ABB, so im not too fussed with a B in maths but could've done better

When you're actually at uni I'm sure you'll feel better :smile:
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I need aaa so literally just screwed my plans for dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhhh I hope you still get it - I'm sure the boundaries will go down a bit !
Is the median of a quadratic pdf = the interval/2 ?
Reply 983
Can someone explain why you use 55.5 as a correction rather than 54.5?
Think I ended up getting 221 students so how many marks would i lose if thats the only mistake?
Original post by fefssdf
Twitter was sending lots of hate towards Peter so hopefully that counts in our favour :smile: .

My profile pic is a page of chapter 2 from c3 :smile:

Poor Peter lol

Ah okay!
For the Normal Distribution question, I forgot to change 55 to 55.5, how many marks will I lose?
I got between 68-71 because I dicked up Q3 by using E(R)^2 instead of E(R^2) and then, after using a continuity correction, did the question again to check my working without the correction, and got 223 :smile:))))) RIP me, there goes the A*
Reply 987
Original post by Armpits
This is so depressing, needed to do well in S2 to get an A, probably got a B now, will consider suicide.

i feel u mate.. I might do the same thing..
Original post by Student403
Poor Peter lol

Ah okay!

I know ahaha
can you integrate pi*R^2 and divide by 4 for the mean area. I got the same answer using this method..
Original post by dnpnstn
I got between 68-71 because I dicked up Q3 by using E(R)^2 instead of E(R^2) and then, after using a continuity correction, did the question again to check my working without the correction, and got 223 :smile:))))) RIP me, there goes the A*

for an a* you need 90ums average across C3 and C4... your grade in S2 has no weight whatsoever towards whether you do/don't get an A*, unless you're concerned about the individual grade of the unit itself ?
Anyone who did S2 IAL?
Original post by Lamatata
For the Normal Distribution question, I forgot to change 55 to 55.5, how many marks will I lose?

Not sure but probably quite a few ...
I'll be posting model solutions this evening as I did with C4.
Original post by Woffus
Can someone explain why you use 55.5 as a correction rather than 54.5?
Think I ended up getting 221 students so how many marks would i lose if thats the only mistake?

>55= 56 or more

correction

>=55.5

as 55.5 would round to 56
Original post by fefssdf
for an a* you need 90ums average across C3 and C4... your grade in S2 has no weight whatsoever towards whether you do/don't get an A*, unless you're concerned about the individual grade of the unit itself ?

The A* in further maths requires an avg of 90 over 3 (non C3/4) modules, I was probably averaging slightly below that before the paper, and now I'm boarderline 90 with my best case scenario of this paper.. So I don't think I've made it :frown:

The annoying thing is, everything I've answered I understood, and I've either made a stupid mistake by not thinking or a calculator/arithmetic error somewhere.. The grade boundaries are too tight to let me off from stupid mistakes:/
Original post by dnpnstn
The A* in further maths requires an avg of 90 over 3 (non C3/4) modules, I was probably averaging slightly below that before the paper, and now I'm boarderline 90 with my best case scenario of this paper.. So I don't think I've made it :frown:

The annoying thing is, everything I've answered I understood, and I've either made a stupid mistake by not thinking or a calculator/arithmetic error somewhere.. The grade boundaries are too tight to let me off from stupid mistakes:/

ohhh sorry for my misunderstanding as a non-further maths person ! .. ah yeh I know what you mean about silly mistakes - in c3 I made several silly mistakes and that has cost me my A* in normal maths because in c4 I got pretty much all of it right - why is maths so harsh ! damn
Original post by Student403
Basically 342.25 would have worked if you took the negative square root at the bottom but idk

I think and hope it's 225 cause that worked flawlessly when i plugged it back in and it only asked for 1 value

yeh the numbers came out really good with 225 so i wouldnt worry
How many marks was E(A) guys??
Original post by yusraa_96
I got 342 too! is it wrong?

both answers you should've got but i think u only put one of them down as like a definite so "n= 225 and n= 342 (what ever) and therefore n=225"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending