The Student Room Group

FCO Graduate Internship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jp2205
Hey! I don't have a start date yet as I'm still waiting for security clearance (out of interest, how long did your SC take to come through?).

I'm still trying to sort out a place to live in London but I'd be interested in meeting up before!

I'm with JP, apart from 5 year history form and online security form, is there anything else you had to do? I've been told my start date will be 2nd August if all goes well. This is good start date for me as I'm also interning with the civil service fast stream in DWP.

Also I think everyone will have home services, but we will have different roles within it.
Reply 41
Original post by jp2205
Hey! I don't have a start date yet as I'm still waiting for security clearance (out of interest, how long did your SC take to come through?).

I'm still trying to sort out a place to live in London but I'd be interested in meeting up before!

Well if you find anywhere to live with another spare room, give me a shout! It's a nightmare trying to do it from not-London.

My security clearance came through on Friday, and my offer was made on the 19th May I believe, and I started the security process a day or two later.

Do you know your department?
Reply 42
Original post by Newcastle456
I'm with JP, apart from 5 year history form and online security form, is there anything else you had to do? I've been told my start date will be 2nd August if all goes well. This is good start date for me as I'm also interning with the civil service fast stream in DWP.

Also I think everyone will have home services, but we will have different roles within it.

Nope, nothing else!

Yeah that makes sense, but I'm pretty sure that in previous years they've been spread throughout different services. It'll be good to know we'll all be relatively close though!
Reply 43
Original post by Newcastle456

Hey Newcastle456, I just tried sending everyone a group message, but your inbox was full so it wouldn't send. Just wondering if you're about in London this weekend to all meet up? If you want to, send me a PM and I'll send you my FB handle.

JP
Original post by jp2205
Hey Newcastle456, I just tried sending everyone a group message, but your inbox was full so it wouldn't send. Just wondering if you're about in London this weekend to all meet up? If you want to, send me a PM and I'll send you my FB handle.

JP

Cheers mate.

Try now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

I'm thinking of applying for the internship this year. Just wondering how you guys are finding it and if you have tips for the application process?

Also what choice do you have in where you work in the FCO?

Thanks!
When does this open? I can't find it online...
Hi, there's a link to register your interest; I'm not sure when the actual application comes out. If you know anything more, please do share! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by threeflags101
Hi, there's a link to register your interest; I'm not sure when the actual application comes out. If you know anything more, please do share! :smile:

Can you post the link to register interest in this thread?

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending