The Student Room Group

I gained 1000 subscribers in 48 hours AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GUMI
Just started a Youtube channel, didn't expect nearly this much attention but it is what it is. It's now almost at 2000 subscribers too but analytics takes like a day to update :angry:
Ask me anything, and if you want proof you can click here
Thanks
How do I watch your videos? like not in that way just......... I'm not gonna dislike. :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by CharlesJH
Yeah same. Mine eventually reached 10,000 before I shut it down because cringe and I didn't use it anymore.
I want to start one back up again to talk about things such as politics or current affairs (compared to *****y "comedy" videos I made), but I'm not sure if I have the confidence or motivation in doing so.

10,000 is really quite something though!!! :colondollar:

Original post by hamza772000
How do I watch your videos? like not in that way just......... I'm not gonna dislike. :smile:

They are just lyric videos, it's really nothing special. In fact if I did post my channel I'd be prepared to get comments like "You don't deserve subs, you just post music that exists already" or something like that, which I can't really argue with. :unimpressed: :biggrin:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by GUMI
10,000 is really quite something though!!! :colondollar:

They are just lyric videos, it's really nothing special. In fact if I did post my channel I'd be prepared to get comments like "You don't deserve subs, you just post music that exists already" or something like that, which I can't really argue with. :unimpressed: :biggrin:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aight then, as you wish........ :biggrin:
Reply 23
Aight then, as you wish........ :biggrin:

Haha sorry!! :colondollar:
Original post by GUMI
Haha sorry!! :colondollar:
Np.:smile: Its cool. I respect your privacy. :biggrin:
Reply 25
It's kinda demotivating actually cuz ik my actual channel will never see fast growth like this. :frown:
Original post by GUMI
It's kinda demotivating actually cuz ik my actual channel will never see fast growth like this. :frown:
What makes you say that?
do you hope to have more than 20 followers on TSR ?

:holmes:
Original post by GUMI
Just started a Youtube channel, didn't expect nearly this much attention but it is what it is. It's now almost at 2000 subscribers too but analytics takes like a day to update :angry:
Ask me anything, and if you want proof you can click here
Thanks

What are your videos about? They must be good
Reply 29
What makes you say that?

idk, just thinking about how hard it is to grow nowadays, it's a bit off putting.
Original post by the bear
do you hope to have more than 20 followers on TSR ? :holmes:

I don't even know why I have 20 followers tbh :eek3:No, they aren't. I just upload lyrics :colonhash:haha
Original post by GUMI
idk, just thinking about how hard it is to grow nowadays, it's a bit off putting.

I don't even know why I have 20 followers tbh :eek3:No, they aren't. I just upload lyrics :colonhash:haha
Oh, so you upload lyrics, all that time I thought it was lip syncing :tongue:
But dw, you'll be fine, there's many LYRIC videos with millions of views, one of your videos could be one of 'em soon, just do a song from a popular artist/singer as soon as it comes out. :smile:
Reply 31
Oh, so you upload lyrics, all that time I thought it was lip syncing :tongue:
But dw, you'll be fine, there's many LYRIC videos with millions of views, one of your videos could be one of 'em soon, just do a song from a popular artist/singer as soon as it comes out. :smile:

Yea, that's what I do, ik it's a cheap parlor trick I feel so unaccomplished :s-smilie:. but subscriber growth is slowing, I've decided I'll just leave the channel untouched for a bit cuz I'm obsessing over it atm OTL
Original post by GUMI
Yea, that's what I do. but subscriber growth is slowing, I've decided I'll just leave the channel untouched for a bit cuz I'm obsessing over it atm OTL
Yeah, don't over obsess, and don't get too stressed, if you enjoy what you're doing, then just keep doing it, the growth will come, if you do it solely for the purpose of growth, then I'm afraid it always doesn't work like that. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest