The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michaelj99
both answers you should've got but i think u only put one of them down as like a definite so "n= 225 and n= 342 (what ever) and therefore n=225"

The other solution was negative

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys can I get a quick opinion on UMS for 66/75 S2, 62/75 for C3, 62/75 for C4?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by hello2you
How many marks was E(A) guys??

4 marks

I'd guess one for using E(R) to find E(A), two for finding E(R^2), one for accuracy of the answer
Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx
Guys can I get a quick opinion on UMS for 66/75 S2, 62/75 for C3, 62/75 for C4?

Thanks in advance!

Probably A grade
Hey guys, I also found S2 quite difficult today compared to past papers. I need an A in Math. Let's say I got A in C3, A* in C4 and B/C in S2, can I still get an A?
Original post by hello2you
How many marks was E(A) guys??

4 marks !
Original post by hasanlucy
Hey guys, I also found S2 quite difficult today compared to past papers. I need an A in Math. Let's say I got A in C3, A* in C4 and B/C in S2, can I still get an A?

yes
Original post by kingaaran
The other solution was negative

Posted from TSR Mobile

for this question I didn't end up with a quadratic... I had the mean = 0.02n and then variance i had it as 0.16n.. is this wrong ?

Of course you can! I think it depends on how you did last year, what was your ums ?
What did you get for mean and variance?(not question 1) I got 1.2 for mean and 0.24 for variance
Original post by dnpnstn
4 marks

I'd guess one for using E(R) to find E(A), two for finding E(R^2), one for accuracy of the answer

I'm fairly sure it was 3 marks.
Original post by fefssdf
yes

I'm sure I've dropped about 20 marks in S2, just praying for lower grade boundaries!
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
What did you get for mean and variance?(not question 1) I got 1.2 for mean and 0.24 for variance

Correct
I'm sure I've dropped about 20 marks in S2, just praying for lower grade boundaries!

you should still get a B ...
Original post by Diraculous
I'm fairly sure it was 3 marks.

4 marks
Original post by fefssdf
for this question I didn't end up with a quadratic... I had the mean = 0.02n and then variance i had it as 0.16n.. is this wrong ?

It was 0.2n, so you had to rearrange this equation into a quadratic by multiplying up then squaring: 7/4 = (55.5-0.2n)/(squareroot(0.16n))
Original post by naisamui99
I did lol

I also thought that it seemed very S1-ish - but then I saw that it said, "Poisson distribution," and immediately felt a lot surer.
Original post by fefssdf
hahah same I couldn't for the life of me remember how you would work it out.. I ended up with an answer of -19600 look

I thought I knew the formula from remembering it for S3 but I got 1.46 because I did sum of x^2 - n*(mean^2) rather than 1/n. Damn daniel
Original post by Rispi14
Of course you can! I think it depends on how you did last year, what was your ums ?

My UMS was 241, however I resat C2 and S1 this year and hopefully I've bumped up my UMS a bit. Genuinely worried after S2!
Original post by DesignPredator
4 marks

Ok, not good. Will 71/75 get me 90+ ?

Quick Reply

Latest