The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Are you AS or A2?

I am AS and A2. Resisting AS and A2 Physics, Resting A2 Maths (Core 4 only), doing AS and A2 Further Maths for the first time.

To which university are you hoping to go?To study which subject?

My Firm choice is Physics at Manchester and for me to go would be a dream come true.

If applicable, what were your AS grades?
Physics-B,Chemistry-C,Maths- A, Histroy- B, EPQ A*

What grades are required for your desired degree?
My Offer asks for A*A*A

What grades are you predicted?
A*AA

How did they go?
Mix- Think I might get A*A*B/ A*AA. Which is a lot better than I did last year with ABB (Maths, Physics and Chemistry) But I have a nasty feeling Physics has not gone too well and that I am going to miss the A in Physics. Considering I took FM from scratch in one year covering 7 units it as so far pretty much exceeded my expectation in virtually every exam and an really now thinking the A* may be reachable provided no major cock up in D2 on Wednesday.

How are you feeling about results day?
Significantly better than I did about results day 2015 after my mental health problems.
Original post by Abbey15
Best case- A* A B
Worst case- A* B D

Aqa Psychology unit 3 and 4 may screw me over 😐.

Just want summer to fly by to results dayπŸ˜‚

did you rely on loopa ...
Might as well...

Are you AS or A2? - A2

What subjects are you taking? - History of Art, English Literature and Religious Studies

To which university are you hoping to go? - University of Edinburgh to study History of Art. My insurance is Leicester to study the same thing

If applicable, what were your AS grades? - AABU (U in Maths :colonhash:)

What grades are required for your desired degree? - My Edinburgh offer is ABB and my insurance is unconditional

What grades are you predicted? College has predicted me A*AA but I am personally and sadly predicting A*BC

How are exams going?/How did they go? - Completely screwed up my English Lit exam haha

How are you feeling about results day? - *****ing myself. I know I have a place at uni whatever happens but I really really want to go to Edinburgh and I will be heartbroken if I don't get in.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I remember when it was 79 days - it's flown by! The thought of the Olympics starting (in 40 days) will make it seem like results day is almost upon us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess :/ It's almost as if each day crawls by but when you look back it's 'oh that's gone fast' :colonhash:

I've been reading though my insurance course - I think I'd be happy enough with it if I miss Cardiff :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
I guess :/ It's almost as if each day crawls by but when you look back it's 'oh that's gone fast' :colonhash:

I've been reading though my insurance course - I think I'd be happy enough with it if I miss Cardiff :smile:

At least you're prepared πŸ˜ƒ I haven't even sorted any accommodation or looked at the course content :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't believe 52 days... I haven't even had my last exam yet :redface:
At least you're prepared πŸ˜ƒ I haven't even sorted any accommodation or looked at the course content :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess so, the next weeks are still gonna be awful though :frown: ARGH. I'm just glad I have TSR or I would literally be going insane!
Yeah I guess so, the next weeks are still gonna be awful though :frown: ARGH. I'm just glad I have TSR or I would literally be going insane!

It definitely won't be nice but if you have a hobby (or watch Wimbledon and then the olympics haha) it'll absolutely fly by. Just think about it, 50 days ago the exam season started and that seems like yesterday! Once we get our results we can start buying all of our equipment (pots, pans etc) for Uni, that's something to look forward to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades: ABCCC (General Studies, Biology, Maths, Chemistry and Physics, respectively.)
A2 predictions: A*ABB-AABB (School's Predictions AAA)
What subjects are you taking? Maths, EPQ, Chemistry and Biology. Also many resits for AS Chemistry, Biology and Maths to try and get rid of those AS C's.
How are your exams going? All completed. Hopefully chemistry went better than I suspect it did, but that's not likely.
To which university are you hoping to go to? University of Bath or York after my Gap Year, depending on results day obviously.
To study what? Natural Sciences
How are you feeling about results day? I am more nervous for the day before results day when the grade boundaries are officially released. At that moment, I will know how I've truly done. The feeling about results day will either turn to relaxing and calming or anxious and terrifying. But, at least I'll always have a job at KFC to fall back on so....it's all goood. :biggrin::colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
It definitely won't be nice but if you have a hobby (or watch Wimbledon and then the olympics haha) it'll absolutely fly by. Just think about it, 50 days ago the exam season started and that seems like yesterday! Once we get our results we can start buying all of our equipment (pots, pans etc) for Uni, that's something to look forward to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest the only think keeping me going atm (apart from TSR) is my dream of living in Canada! :love: Which I'll be able to do as long as I get into a university...

Yeah but that's AFTER Results... everything exiting is after the 18th.
To be honest the only think keeping me going atm (apart from TSR) is my dream of living in Canada! :love: Which I'll be able to do as long as I get into a university...

Yeah but that's AFTER Results... everything exiting is after the 18th.

Ooh! And what job is your dream job? I'd love to live somewhere like Canada or Vienna tbh
Ooh! And what job is your dream job? I'd love to live somewhere like Canada or Vienna tbh

After my degree I'll move to Canada to get my Masters in Archival Studies from UBC, get qualified as an archivist and then apply for Canadian dual citizenship. I'm hoping to go on a summer internship to Vancouver whilst I'm at university. I told this to my dad today and he just said 'you'd be living my dream, I would love to go to Vancouver'.

I am probably going to spend my summer watching Canadian films and TV shows, I already love some of their artists! :tongue:
Original post by fefssdf
did you rely on loopa ...

Nope i cant bare going into an exam without atleast breifly covering everything. My friend did so i only knew loopa predictions through her..why?
After my degree I'll move to Canada to get my Masters in Archival Studies from UBC, get qualified as an archivist and then apply for Canadian dual citizenship. I'm hoping to go on a summer internship to Vancouver whilst I'm at university. I told this to my dad today and he just said 'you'd be living my dream, I would love to go to Vancouver'.

I am probably going to spend my summer watching Canadian films and TV shows, I already love some of their artists! :tongue:

That sounds amazing! I like how you've got it all planned out =) Canada really is such a beautiful place, and if I lived there I could go skiing in the Winter months! I love skiing so much. Do you mind if I follow you over to Canada? pfft.
That sounds amazing! I like how you've got it all planned out =) Canada really is such a beautiful place, and if I lived there I could go skiing in the Winter months! I love skiing so much. Do you mind if I follow you over to Canada? pfft.

I'll probably end up not doing it which will break my heart :frown: Yeah sure haha!

(I have found a Canadian TV show to watch on Netflix... *blushes*)
Original post by Abbey15
Nope i cant bare going into an exam without atleast breifly covering everything. My friend did so i only knew loopa predictions through her..why?

Ah that's good cause it's just this year the predictions were pretty off and some people genuinely didn't learn certain questions as they thought they wouldn't come up but they did - hopefully the boundaries will go down a bit as a result
Ah only 51 days jeez... D;
Original post by fefssdf
Ah that's good cause it's just this year the predictions were pretty off and some people genuinely didn't learn certain questions as they thought they wouldn't come up but they did - hopefully the boundaries will go down a bit as a result

Im hoping thats the case! I know people who did gender struggled in Unit 3 and in unit 4 majority who did schizophrenia didnt learn biological ( i did thankfully) and addiction threw many i only really struggled on Sleep in unit 3 and research methods in unit 4.

So scared for august haha πŸ˜£πŸ˜£πŸ˜‚
Original post by Inexorably
Ah only 51 days jeez... D;

Seven weeks this Thursday :bricks:
Original post by Abbey15
Im hoping thats the case! I know people who did gender struggled in Unit 3 and in unit 4 majority who did schizophrenia didnt learn biological ( i did thankfully) and addiction threw many i only really struggled on Sleep in unit 3 and research methods in unit 4.

So scared for august haha πŸ˜£πŸ˜£πŸ˜‚

ah yeh I know because for gender they basically repeated a question that has been asked twice before, and I do schizophrenia and basically my teacher was adamant that its going to be classification issues for the essay and so everyone made sure they knew that one, but then in the real exam they went and repeated the bio therapies one and I think lots of people would've written generic points like ' it has side effects, and are easy to use ect' and won't reach the higher marks as they didn't bother learning it. luckily i did learn all the essays so hopefully me and yourself will get good results ahah !

Quick Reply

Latest