The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Im more concerned with the wave of hate crime perpetrated by the vile and half witted brexit voters.

Nice try OP but you failed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by similarBlank
It's funny how the BBC is happy to report about Leavers being offensive to immigrants but not about Remainers being disgusting to Leave voters.

Because the leave voters are the ones that do it out of racism. And its obvious most of the offense is perpetrated by brexit plebs
This is a joke, right?
In that case, I can say that I am Elvis in Tupac body, currently hidden somewhere in Africa because the FIB told me to stay here, but I'm starting to rebel with Elvis.

Oh, btw, I wrote the second anonymous one. I was bored.
Sorry :wink:
The OP is likely lying, Accept it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
Every time I see people make the democracy point I laugh.

Democracy is based on freely electing MPs who make informed decisions on our behalf. There's a reason why these things usually aren't left up to a public vote.

If you don't think people should vote to determine national independence, why do think they should vote in an election? Why are you so enamoured with a self-selecting cabal of people who all suffer from a severe case of groupthink, that offer us no options, to make 'informed decisions'? What are they informed, by, seeing as they all just talk amongst themselves, never leave North London, have never worked in a normal jobs or even attended a normal school in many cases?
People with zero knowledge of how 99% of the country lives should make th best decisions for us all?

Face it your argument is so hypocritical, and based on your wish to be in the EU. Imagine if we had a conservative elite that had decided on no gay rights, abortion and the death penalty, you would then say I'm sure that a democratic referendum and the chance for the people to campaign and change this was a great thing.
Original post by Twinpeaks
This is a joke, right?

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny? Did that look like I intended it to be funny, to you?
Original post by Anonymous
In that case, I can say that I am Elvis in Tupac body, currently hidden somewhere in Africa because the FIB told me to stay here, but I'm starting to rebel with Elvis.

Oh, btw, I wrote the second anonymous one. I was bored.
Sorry :wink:

Oh FFS, I clicked anonymous again. It was me :wink:

Original post by DJBay123
The OP is likely lying, Accept it.

Anon fail :laugh:
a brexiter punched me in the face until i was unconscious because i voted remain. prove it isn't true.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
If you don't think people should vote to determine national independence, why do think they should vote in an election? Why are you so enamoured with a self-selecting cabal of people who all suffer from a severe case of groupthink, that offer us no options, to make 'informed decisions'? What are they informed, by, seeing as they all just talk amongst themselves, never leave North London, have never worked in a normal jobs or even attended a normal school in many cases?
People with zero knowledge of how 99% of the country lives should make th best decisions for us all?

Face it your argument is so hypocritical, and based on your wish to be in the EU. Imagine if we had a conservative elite that had decided on no gay rights, abortion and the death penalty, you would then say I'm sure that a democratic referendum and the chance for the people to campaign and change this was a great thing.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

this is so wrong I can't even rebut it...
Very annoying that it the tick stays there after you original post.
No but it made you sound like a judgemental mess :redface:
a brexiter punched me in the face until i was unconscious because i voted remain. prove it isn't true.

The onus is on you to prove that what you claim is true, not I. You are the one making the claim
Why does this happen to me?
No but it made you sound like a judgemental mess :redface:

I voted Leave, everyone seems to think that I'm a judgemental mess by default :laugh:
are you kidding me ? you literally said in post 44 that there's no evidence for the OP not being true which is why i parodies your post. by your own admission the onus is on the op to prove its true. its obviously not as the result of a secret vote doesnt just get out.
Original post by DanB1991
It makes me laugh too the EU is technically far more democratic than the UK. Our Head of State and one of our chambers are completely unelected!

This is not a sound argument. The Queen has zero political power, zero, that's why it's actually quite healthy. The Lords is unelected whilst the commons is, that's the point and it's deliberate, so they Lords checks and challenges the government through experience, acts a counterbalance to their lesser knowledge or understanding, and is not influence or swayed by party political affiliations, or electoral gain...
it's actually a vastly more democratic and balanced system than the EU, but even in the worst case scenario that it wasn't , we would now have more power to change it in the future. Remain and we have less power over both the authoritarian, centralized EU, and to change our own system. The EU remainers seem to believe in a sort of 'antidote' argument, whereas to me, it's just another layer of power and bureaucrats and political classes which make change even more impossible and the total control of the people even more assured.
(edited 7 years ago)
You are so irrational. Every other post of yours just screams of irrational thinking.

If you can't see how this statement below is the least bit judgemental, then I'd be concerned if I were you. You heard an anecdote of one persons experience, from one person who voted to stay, and you actually discussed the behaviour as if it was commited by the entire remain group. Odd.

"Vile and disgusting behaviour on the part of Remainers. Just goes to show what s**** they truely are."
are you kidding me ? you literally said in post 44 that there's no evidence for the OP not being true which is why i parodies your post. by your own admission the onus is on the op to prove its true. its obviously not as the result of a secret vote doesnt just get out.

Considering the OP is anonymous it's highly doubtful that they would want to expose themselves further to risk more degradation. If the OP is false (which I have my doubts about considering the death threats and hate I've received off remainers) then that is bad but it isn't entirely unrealistic
You are so irrational. Every other post of yours just screams of irrational thinking.

If you can't see how this statement below is the least bit judgemental, then I'd be concerned if I were you. You heard an anecdote of one persons experience, from one person who voted to stay, and you actually discussed the behaviour as if it was commited by the entire remain group. Odd.

"Vile and disgusting behaviour on the part of Remainers. Just goes to show what s**** they truely are."

I honestly don't care what you or anybody else thinks of my posts. If you don't want to see them put me on your ignore list.