The Student Room Group

Anybody else considering leaving the UK now Brexit seems to be going ahead?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by govandpolitics
Leave, your not wanted you weak minded individual

Original post by TimmonaPortella
No, and you're not either. You're full of ****, and so are the vast majority of people who suddenly think they are highly sought-after members of the rootless jet-setting global workforce.

Original post by AverageExcellence
It just goes to show who really has the UK's best interests at heart, those who purport to stand up for the UK do one as soon as things get a little turbulent.. good riddance

Oh so that's what they're whining about in that thread about hatred and nastiness directed at Leavers.

I may leave, looking into it, i still have no idea if i'll be able to stay even if i want to.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hovado
Oh so that's what they're whining about in that thread about hatred and nastiness directed at Leavers.I may leave, looking into it, i still have no idea if i'll be able to say even if i want to.
Why are you addressing me?
I just found Betelgeuse's post to be funny, as it was obviously satirical.
I have changed my degree choice for this very reason. I was going to do a social science but I'm now looking into possible STEM options. I already speak another language but I hope to learn more. I'm not sure which career I'll go into or which country I'd move to. Things probably won't be too bad but I'm preparing for the worst.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Gaben
I'm thinking of moving to Trudeau Land.

I wanna go too... on a magical flying carpet...
Reply 24
What scumbags. You agree UK is going down the drain but you arent staying here to help it? Maybe you shouldnt be allowed back here once you leave.
Reply 25
Original post by fr0sr_
Why are you addressing me?
I just found Betelgeuse's post to be funny, as it was obviously satirical.

Oh, sorry, got carried away with the quote button.
Original post by Shumaya
I have changed my degree choice for this very reason. I was going to do a social science but I'm not looking into possible STEM options. I already speak another language but I hope to learn more. I'm not sure which career I'll go into or which country I'd move to. Things probably won't be too bad but I'm preparing for the worst.

Brexit has made you study a degree with better career prospects? :holmes:
Original post by Shapez
What scumbags. You agree UK is going down the drain but you arent staying here to help it? Maybe you shouldnt be allowed back here once you leave.

Why should people who had no desire to leave the EU be forced to stay and 'help' if the country goes down the drain as a result of leaving the EU? I really don't get this hostility.
Original post by AverageExcellence
It just goes to show who really has the UK's best interests at heart, those who purport to stand up for the UK do one as soon as things get a little turbulent.. good riddance
things have got turbulent due to the ignorance of a brexit voters.
i suppose people would stay if theyre made to feel optimistic and welcome - that isnt really happening either currently...
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah everyone is saying "oh I'm moving to Australia". It's not that simple, they have strict immigration laws. If you are aged 18-30 and from the UK you are entitled to a working holiday visa which lasts ONE YEAR. You can extend it for a second year if you do rural farmwork for 3 months in Aus. The only other option is to go for a skilled migration visa IF you are in Australias eligible list of occupations, or else a student visa and study there. Both of these visas are very expensive, and i mean thousands of pounds. The majority of young uk people in Australia are on a working holiday visa which is temporary. You will be back in the UK in a year or 2. I just think that people seem to think that moving to australia or new zealand is the obvious thing to do due to Brexit and it's really not as simple as that. I lived in Australia for 2 years and they are super strict with immigration and visas.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Brexit has made you study a degree with better career prospects? :holmes:

But without Brexit, I could study something easy and then pursue a career in the City which pays a lot more than Engineering. :colonhash: Hopefully we'll negotiate some sort of free trade deal and the City won't crumble.
Original post by Shumaya
But without Brexit, I could study something easy and then pursue a career in the City which pays a lot more than Engineering. :colonhash: Hopefully we'll negotiate some sort of free trade deal and the City won't crumble.

What sort of degree is easy, pays more than engineering, allows you to work in the city, but is useless if Brexit happens? I am genuinely wondering now.
LOL at people who are saying Remainers should stay and help, why should we? We fought for the best result for Britain in the referendum campaign, and unfortunately lost. Brexiters have ruined this country, so they can fix it. I wanted to stay in the EU, so I have no obligation to help those who want to take us out. And I think I'll be fine after getting my Economics degree from LSE or somewhere similar, I hear Frankfurt are soon to have plenty of new jobs available!
Reply 33
I'm thinking about moving to Germany however I don't speak the language and I don't know if I will get a job there easily
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Yes me and all my friends are defo leaving this racist wasteland.

Does anyone know what the job market is like in Australia for my gender studies degree?

Dammit, I wasn't here before the completely ignorant assumptions...

Spoiler

Reply 35
Original post by Shumaya
Why should people who had no desire to leave the EU be forced to stay and 'help' if the country goes down the drain as a result of leaving the EU? I really don't get this hostility.

Exactly, you should leave then... but if the country does get better dont come for the benefits if you cant be bothered to help. Plus you guys are talking like you know the future. Maybe wait a little while to see what happens?
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
What sort of degree is easy, pays more than engineering, allows you to work in the city, but is useless if Brexit happens? I am genuinely wondering now.

Many finance/banking/law jobs don't require any particular degree and pay more than engineering. I'm actually better at maths/science than I am at essay subjects but I'd still say that non STEM degrees are definitely easier. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that STEM degrees are harder. A social science degree isn't useless if Brexit happens, but a lot of the jobs I'm interested in may move out of London to cities within the EEA.
Original post by Shumaya
Many finance/banking/law jobs don't require any particular degree and pay more than engineering. I'm actually better at maths/science than I am at essay subjects but I'd still say that non STEM degrees are definitely easier. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that STEM degrees are harder. A social science degree isn't useless if Brexit happens, but a lot of the jobs I'm interested in may move out of London to cities within the EEA.

I wondered that when you said, maybe you are one of these people to whom mathematics simply comes easily.
my friend is but she is Polish so that's what we wanted (lol joke) I would say everyone is being a bit dramatic about the whole thing
More space for meself lol

Quick Reply

Latest