The Student Room Group

Do teachers go to GCSE results day??

Also when do they find out our results?

Scroll to see replies

Yes and they usually find out the day before
Only to laugh at the pupils that failed...

But yeah, they do :smile:
They usually find out the day before and are in results day for support etc and congratulating you. I hear some teachers place bets on who will pass or fail but I'm sure this is just some silly rumour.
Original post by Mathemagicien
They honestly do that (some of them)

To be honest I reckon my teachers do it, that's made me panic so much :lol: I never realised they actually did it, do they predict grades too or just pass or fail?
Original post by Rhythmical
x

Well done on your 200th follower, sis :biggrin:
Reply 6
some teachers will turn up by others won't - I'm guessing some teachers either don't want to have to deal with lots of unhappy people or just think they've got better things to do
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Well done on your 200th follower, sis :biggrin:

Very many thanks to you :biggrin: I remember the days of 140 followers, was it in the Easter of '16 or mid May '16? :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Lucarious30
Only to laugh at the pupils that failed...

But yeah, they do :smile:

Some teachers do seem to not show up through .. like my english lit teacher when not a single person got higher than a B at gcse...
Very many thanks to you :biggrin: I remember the days of 140 followers, was it in the Easter of '16 or mid May '16? :tongue:

Erm... Yes... No... Maybe :biggrin:
I just wanted to get a convo going
#I'mABeg
Erm... Yes... No... Maybe :biggrin:
I just wanted to get a convo going
#I'mABeg

I bet my teachers are betting for me to fail! :tongue:
Nice teachers do, mean teachers don't
I bet my teachers are betting for me to fail! :tongue:

Aww... No they aren't!!!
They want you to succeed...

Spoiler

Teachers must feel so awkward on results day cause they know whose gonna be pissed and whose gonna be happy but they just gotta act neutral
Original post by Legendary Quest
Nice teachers do, mean teachers don't

Very insightful and purposeful comment...
I thank thee
Original post by fefssdf
Teachers must feel so awkward on results day cause they know whose gonna be pissed and whose gonna be happy but they just gotta act neutral

Hahaha... LMAO
+
I don't think the teachers know who got what grade... :unsure:
Hahaha... LMAO
+
I don't think the teachers know who got what grade... :unsure:

they get the results the day before... so yes they do know who got what !
Aww... No they aren't!!!
They want you to succeed...

Spoiler

I don't think anyone in my class and including myself is capable of such a high grade like an A, I blame poor teaching, I think I could get B's this year but it will take a miracle. One teacher thinks I can achieve an A/A* next year but the other isn't so optimistic.
Original post by fefssdf
they get the results the day before... so yes they do know who got what !

Oh right... Interesting
I actually never knew that...
I thank thee for teaching me something of purpose and usage in the future days coming ahead of me :biggrin:

Spoiler

I don't think anyone in my class and including myself is capable of such a high grade like an A, I blame poor teaching, I think I could get B's this year but it will take a miracle. One teacher thinks I can achieve an A/A* next year but the other isn't so optimistic.

Wait... Your doing A levels... right?

Are you planning on going uni... Cos you need B's at least to go to an adequate one :yep:

Quick Reply