The Student Room Group

Do teachers go to GCSE results day??

Scroll to see replies

Some teachers are there, some aren't.

I was so out of it that I never approached my nicest teachers on results day. I just was happy I hadn't failed... until I got home and realised I hadn't done too well either. :s-smilie:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Wait... Your doing A levels... right?

Are you planning on going uni... Cos you need B's at least to go to an adequate one :yep:

Yeah I am, however I'm taking a gap year next year and either doing an Access course in Science or doing A Levels privately to do Biomed so these A Levels I'm doing right now, I don't want to aim so highly but I should and will do. My aim is A*A and then D*D* from my coursework based subject which I'm already secured of obtaining the highest grades. I just don't want to seem big headed by saying I think I've got an A and one B this year.
Original post by Rhythmical
Yeah I am, however I'm taking a gap year next year and either doing an Access course in Science or doing A Levels privately to do Biomed so these A Levels I'm doing right now, I don't want to aim so highly but I should and will do. My aim is A*A and then D*D* from my coursework based subject which I'm already secured of obtaining the highest grades. I just don't want to seem big headed by saying I think I've got an A and one B this year.

Hmm... Alright, seems like a good plan :biggrin:

Yh I understand...

BTW What uni's are you aspiring to get into?
Hmm... Alright, seems like a good plan :biggrin:

Yh I understand...

BTW What uni's are you aspiring to get into?

King's College *cough* UCL, UEA, Aston, Birmingham, QMUL.... maybe a masters at Cambridge too? :biggrin:

KCL is my dream though but UCL comes a close second.
King's College *cough* UCL, UEA, Aston, Birmingham, QMUL.... maybe a masters at Cambridge too? :biggrin:

KCL is my dream though but UCL comes a close second.

Hmmm... Interesting :biggrin:

What degree?
Original post by Anonymous20000
Also when do they find out our results?

Heads of faculties will be there at least
Hmmm... Interesting :biggrin:

What degree?

I just said Biomed lmao aka Biomedical Science, forget English! :biggrin:

Really? WOW That's a huge change
+
Try Durham as well then :biggrin:
Really? WOW That's a huge change
+
Try Durham as well then :biggrin:

Yeah I know haha but I really enjoyed Science at GCSE and the careers prospects for English are so low :frown:

Durham was one of my choices for English but they ask for A*A*A or something like that, they are one of the top universities for that subject. York seems great for Biomed too, and St George's Medical School and Nottingham.
Yeah I know haha but I really enjoyed Science at GCSE and the careers prospects for English are so low :frown:

Durham was one of my choices for English but they ask for A*A*A or something like that, they are one of the top universities for that subject. York seems great for Biomed too, and St George's Medical School and Nottingham.

Oh aiight... Good point

Wow, is it? Damn thats hard to get...

Yh, york's quite good... Would also recommend Imperial if you get the grades...
I think it depends on what school you go to. In my school teachers can choose to come to results day but they don't have to so some will and others won't. I guess it depends on how much they actually care about you. In my school I think my head teacher and exams officer find out our results the day before we do.
Oh aiight... Good point

Wow, is it? Damn thats hard to get...

Yh, york's quite good... Would also recommend Imperial if you get the grades...

Yeah but I don't want to go to Durham (too far tbh) and it isn't the best for STEM subjects. Imperial is good, I've looked into it and it is an option but KCL is the place I'd want to go.
Yeah but I don't want to go to Durham (too far tbh) and it isn't the best for STEM subjects. Imperial is good, I've looked into it and it is an option but KCL is the place I'd want to go.

Hmmm... Okay :biggrin:

Why not imperial ?
Have you also considered UCL new Applied medical sciences ?
You should seriously consider QMUL since their top 15 biomedical students are guaranteed a place in the medicine course.
Original post by Anonymous20000
Also when do they find out our results?

If their students have generally done well then they will be in school, if their students have done shite then nah
Original post by Kadak
Why not imperial ?
Have you also considered UCL new Applied medical sciences ?
You should seriously consider QMUL since their top 15 biomedical students are guaranteed a place in the medicine course.

Imperial asks for Maths or Physics as a third option but I don't want to do either to be honest unless I have to absolutely do them and I like the look of UCL's Applied Medical Sciences course but the intake and applications per place scares me, I don't think I'd be able to get onto it. QMUL and KCL are both fantastic as the career prospects are ranked highly and both have thriving social lives and I know people that have gone there. Where are you planning to apply to?
Imperial asks for Maths or Physics as a third option but I don't want to do either to be honest unless I have to absolutely do them and I like the look of UCL's Applied Medical Sciences course but the intake and applications per place scares me, I don't think I'd be able to get onto it. QMUL and KCL are both fantastic as the career prospects are ranked highly and both have thriving social lives and I know people that have gone there. Where are you planning to apply to?

Alright.
But Applied Medical Sciences is a new course with just 2 applicants per place ?

Not completely sure ,it will depend on results but I am looking at unis similiar to yours .

Although my worry with these London unis is the cost of living,especially considering Brexit and how the cost of living will increase even more.
Original post by Kadak
Alright.
But Applied Medical Sciences is a new course with just 2 applicants per place ?

Not completely sure ,it will depend on results but I am looking at unis similiar to yours .

Although my worry with these London unis is the cost of living,especially considering Brexit and how the cost of living will increase even more.

Yeah true, whilst the higher loan grants should cover it, it's all dependent on if you blow all your money during fresher's week (something I will not be doing) but I will hopefully apply in late 2017 as I plan to undertake a gap year next year.
Original post by fefssdf
Some teachers do seem to not show up through .. like my english lit teacher when not a single person got higher than a B at gcse...

That just sounds mean! Even if all your students were to fail it's polite to show your support on the day :frown:
Original post by Lucarious30
That just sounds mean! Even if all your students were to fail it's polite to show your support on the day :frown:

Yeh but I guess he just had other things to do ..

Quick Reply

Latest