The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thephysio
I understand but I didn't use inequalities, I used equals signs.
So maybe 1, 2 marks lost?

ye you would probably lose one accuracy mark i think if you got 57 then you will only loose one mark.
Original post by thephysio
I understand but I didn't use inequalities, I used equals signs.
So maybe 1, 2 marks lost?

Who knows. With the inequality it was nlog0.5912 (something) > log0.123 (something)
Some when you divide by a decimal log(negative) the sign is supposed to change but who knows what the right answer is
Original post by stephaniechan
what do you think a B will be?

not sure about B but i think it might be a bit lower than normal or the same
Original post by fpmaniac
Who knows. With the inequality it was nlog0.5912 (something) > log0.123 (something)
Some when you divide by a decimal log(negative) the sign is supposed to change but who knows what the right answer is

if you sub in 57 and higher you get the right answer 56 and everything lower gives the wrong answer so 57 is the correct answer
Original post by hank_the_tank
apparently nope :/ we are always the ignored ones. Do you still remember your answers?

Yeah some but they should do one
Original post by ISAAQAHELP
if you sub in 57 and higher you get the right answer 56 and everything lower gives the wrong answer so 57 is the correct answer

you're probably right. But its stupid how the right answer should be what I said but they will still mark me down for it?
i think i got 74/75 hopefully thats 100ums but i doubt it i need to average out the 80 ums i got in s1.
i wanna get >540 ums in maths
s2.png

For everyone wondering where to get the marks for question 5, this is a past paper question which was very similar.

I also think our exam was very similar, in algebraic terms as this exam, and the grade boundaries for this were:

90ums - 67
80ums - 60
70ums - 52
60ums - 44

I would say judging off this and the polls, boundaries would be somewhere between 62-64 for an A
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gameofthrones1
s2.png

For everyone wondering where to get the marks for question 5, this is a past paper question which was very similar.

I also think our exam was very similar, in algebraic terms as this exam, and the grade boundaries for this were:

90ums - 67
80ums - 60
70ums - 52
60ums - 44

I would say judging off this and the polls, boundaries would be somewhere between 62-64 for an A

90 UMS will prob be a bit higher
june 2015 was 71 for 90
so prob around 68-69
well if you got n wrong that means you got the wrong values for square root n which means the wrong equation.
if you got mean and variance right in terms of n thats one mark
if you got the continuity correct the thats one mark
if you got a correct equation in terms of n thats one mark
if you got the right n values thats one mark
if you got 0.9599 and value of 1.75 then thats one mark
i am not sure or last mark it is a 6 mark q.
so i think you might have lost 3.

pretty sure it was 8 marks
Is there an unofficial MS? Cheers.
Original post by zombaldia
pretty sure it was 8 marks

oh well whatever 6 marks is almost the same as 8 the other to marks will probably for working out.
oh well whatever 6 marks is almost the same as 8 the other to marks will probably for working out.

Oh yeah for sure. Does make a difference though
wow really only 48 people voted very easy
there was a similar q in textbook for the area one e(R")
there was a similar q for normal approx on one of ial papers.
there were many papers with sample dist.
pretty sure there was paper that had similar question to the 57 answer q asking for least value.
the poisson was kind of easy
the hyporthesis is always the same.
i dont see where people messed up.
there were many harder papers than this.
Original post by maths52
In this question, on the first line I put X~B(n, 0.5) instead of 0.2 and then my method for the rest of the question was entirely correct and my answers were correct for if 0.5 was correct. How many marks do I drop seeing as only error was copying down question wrong on first line?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you write Y~N(np, np(1-p)) ?

If yes, you will lose 3 marks. If not, then you will lose 4 marks. - That is my understanding anyway... As far as I understand it, you will gain all method (M/B) marks and lose all accuracy (A) marks
who has D2 coming up?
For q5 how many marks would I lose for using 55 and not 55.5, rest of working are correct but came out with 223 as didn't do continuity correction!?
who has D2 coming up?

I do.
ready?
i am gonna have to do every paper today and tomorrow and have to practise dynamic in table format if i get 90 ums or more i get A* AT FM
Original post by Nightinwind
For q5 how many marks would I lose for using 55 and not 55.5, rest of working are correct but came out with 223 as didn't do continuity correction!?

2 or more marks one for continuity and one for final answer and maybe more for actual numbers in working out not completely sure.

Quick Reply

Latest