The Student Room Group

What motivates you to do well and study ?

I have -10000 level of motivation all the time :frown:
It's usually achieving something I cannot achieve without hard work. Eg. When I'm about to revise, I usually think about how much i need that specific grade to get into the uni I want to go to
Yeah, sometimes it's hard, I just try to keep the end goal in sight. I want to have a good job and be financially stable and successful but I know sometimes that it seems so far away you think you'll never get there.
Sometimes giving yourself small objectives to complete when you're really unmotivated might help and you can reward yourself once the objective is complete.
I tend to work hard out of fear of not doing well, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and failure scares me, it gets me to work but I'm too much the other way and stress and over analyse everything.
Usually by not doing as well as I should be in the first part of the course, and getting it as a kick up the you know wotsits.

Also reminding myself of what I need to achieve and that if I am not working well enough, I am not going to get there. And who I want to succeed for.
Original post by SeanFM
Usually by not doing as well as I should be in the first part of the course, and getting it as a kick up the you know wotsits.

Also reminding myself of what I need to achieve and that if I am not working well enough, I am not going to get there. And who I want to succeed for.

shane long why
As cliche as it sounds, my ultimate goal is my motivation :smile:
Reply 6
The fact I chose subjects I enjoy and that I want to pursue them in the future as a lifelong career :smile:.
Study?

Spoiler

I just think about how i'll feel on results day. Even if I don't get the grades I want, at least i'll know that I couldn't possibly have done any more revision or preparation.

Spoiler

Pretty much the only thing I could use to motivate me to revise for GCSEs was thinking about what would happen when I opened the envelope on results day if I hadn't revised?

Also I watched loads of those 'My GCSE results' videos on Youtube to either motivate myself to be as happy as them with my results or to avoid being in their predicament.
My dream of living and working in Canada :love:

(The idea helpfully came after most of my exams but I will be using it as motivation through university)
(edited 7 years ago)
just got to sit down and start. The rest will naturally flow when you get your head down
The immediate pressure of failure and knowing I don't have enough time to finish the work.

It's a *****y motivation, I recommend finding a better one.
Reply 13
Original post by im.a.witch
I have -10000 level of motivation all the time :frown:

Try self-motivation
Reply 14
Apparently nothing, now. :rofl: :cry:
What motivates me to study?

Because in the future if I do really well I can make

MONEY!!!

:biggrin:
Original post by spv
Apparently nothing, now. :rofl: :cry:

Stay positive and you'll get there. Believe me staying positive is half the battle! If you succeed in that then I'm sure it'll work out.
The Loans and Failing again

Its very difficult though, i totally understand.
My mother's chappal. :moon:
I like being better than everyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest