The Student Room Group

From SpongeBob to Swolebob

Come back from a 4 month break from the gym :biggrin:

Anyways starting off with stronglifts 5x5 ,and I plan to go ham with this. past 2 gym sessions this have kinda been like a warm up so my stats are:

Friday (24/06/16)
Squats- 5x5 30kg
Bench press- 50kg
Pull ups- 3x6 (should have also done rows)

Monday (27/06/16)
Squats- 5x5 50kg
Overhead press- 5x5 25kg
Deadlift- 60kg 1x5
Dips- 5x5

brb,
(edited 7 years ago)
Progess picture 1:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SuperHuman98

Anyways starting off with stronglifts 5x5 ,and I plan to go ham with this. past 2 gym sessions this have kinda been like a warm up so my stats are:

Friday (24/06/16)
Squats- 5x5 30kg
Bench press- 50kg

Monday (27/06/16)
Squats- 5x5 50kg
Overhead press- 5x5 25kg
Deadlift- 60kg 1x5
Dips- 5x5

brb,

Please tell me that you're a female with these lifting stats...
Original post by splashywill
Please tell me that you're a female with these lifting stats...

Sorry to disappoint:colonhash:
Sorry to disappoint:colonhash:

Just messing with ya :wink: everyone has to start somewhere.

On the upside you're about to make beginner gains which is awesome because the gains you make in the first 6-12 months are the easiest, fastest gains you'll ever make.
Original post by splashywill
Just messing with ya :wink: everyone has to start somewhere.

On the upside you're about to make beginner gains which is awesome because the gains you make in the first 6-12 months are the easiest, fastest gains you'll ever make.

yeah, only problem is that I started going gym more then a year ago.. but I still think I have the beginner gains because of how low my stats are
yeah, only problem is that I started going gym more then a year ago.. but I still think I have the beginner gains because of how low my stats are

Well the key to getting stats up/ muscle growth is frequency and effective training.. try to get really motivated to do a big solid stack of training multiple times a week over summer and you'll soon see massive improvements
Uh such a bad gym session man

Manged to bench 2.5kg more lol had to really grind through it tho very close to failing, squats were awful (months ago before my break i could squat easily 60kg, today i struggled with 50kg failing my last set).Also the annoying thing about squats is the lack of mass on my back i find it hard to get low bar and high bar.

30kg rows were easy but my form sucks.

Screenshot_20160629-195646.png
Uh such a bad gym session man

Manged to bench 2.5kg more lol had to really grind through it tho very close to failing, squats were awful (months ago before my break i could squat easily 60kg, today i struggled with 50kg failing my last set).Also the annoying thing about squats is the lack of mass on my back i find it hard to get low bar and high bar.

30kg rows were easy but my form sucks.

Screenshot_20160629-195646.png

Yo :smile:

I admire everyone who tries to better themselves, so kudos to you! What app is that though? Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Yo :smile:

I admire everyone who tries to better themselves, so kudos to you! What app is that though? Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks mate, its stronglifts 5x5 app

Friday (24/06/16)
Squats- 5x5 30kg
Bench press- 50kg

Monday (27/06/16)
Squats- 5x5 50kg
Overhead press- 5x5 25kg
Deadlift- 60kg 1x5
Dips- 5x5

brb,

in. pretty similar to you in that I'm doing stronglifts and still a beginner. my squats and deadlifts are higher than yours but your bench is better (my upper body sucks). what's your height and weight?
Original post by Tabstercat
in. pretty similar to you in that I'm doing stronglifts and still a beginner. my squats and deadlifts are higher than yours but your bench is better (my upper body sucks). what's your height and weight?

5'7 and my weight is around 68kg
In.

If your form sucks, video it and post it here. We can help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today was a very weird session. I discovered that my form with squats is bad :moon:

Also kinda worried because i actually tried to do a proper warm up today (jumping jacks,high knees,small jog, easy box jumps), then when doing squats my right quad felt discomfort squatting down even with body weight squats :frown: so i tried and worried that it was doing no good.

Overheadpress i added 1.25 kg to each side and it was very tough, i ended up leanjbg back too much on last reps :/

Deadlifts just about when well:smug:
Screenshot_20160701-200327.png
What matter of foolishness is this

Screenshot_20160708-164653.png
Good sesh!

Screenshot_20160713-101156.png

Quick Reply

Latest