The Student Room Group

Save me from the curse of smudgy glasses

Please, I have lived more than half of my life with this issue, but nothing I do works.
I already have the handicap of poor eyesight and frankly it is an insult to have the one thing that gives me perfect vision sullied by fingerprints or dust or grime.
Post your fixes and tricks here for a suffering uni student. Thank you.

(p.s. this is totally not serious but please tell me your ways of preserving clean glasses lenses thanks :tongue:)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by liomeeringca
Please, I have lived more than half of my life with this issue, but nothing I do works.
I already have the handicap of poor eyesight and frankly it is an insult to have the one thing that gives me perfect vision sullied by fingerprints or dust or grime.

(p.s. this is totally not serious but please tell me your ways of preserving clean glasses lenses thanks :tongue:)

I mostly just clean mine on my t shirt lol :tongue:
If they're really bad, then I'll get my lens spray and cloth out...rare though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I clean mine with wipes and the cloths up to about 10 times a day. I'm a bit obsessed. :colondollar:
Every now and then my vision goes blurry and I have a little freak out - then I remember I need to clean my glasses.

I don't think there's anything that can be done :frown: Boots spray lens cleaner is really good though. Although I never carry it around with me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wiping your glasses over with a smear of washing up liquid (and polishing them until they are clear, obviously) will stop your glasses from steaming up (works on mirrors in bathrooms, too) and help keep the greasy marks at bay.
The solution is simple although can be a little expensive: contact lenses.
I normally find running them under hot water & wiping them with a cloth works. I only really use the lens cleaning spray if I've got makeup smudged on them. If I'm out & I don't have any proper cleaning stuff to hand & I notice any marks on my glasses I normally just end up wiping them on my top or skirt.
Original post by Quantex
The solution is simple although can be a little expensive: contact lenses.

Not everyone can wear contacts though.
For me nothing except Aldi glasses wipes works.I can't live without them. I think its 99p for a box of 50, you really should try it. Sadly they only sometimes sell them as it comes in the specialbuy section.They are called eyewear glasses wipes and they come in a blue cardboard box.

Lick them then wipe with a cloth. :h:
try not to poke the lenses tbh :dontknow:

I only have to wipe mine once every couple days, they tend to stay pretty clean...

contact lenses
Original post by Alexion
try not to poke the lenses tbh :dontknow:

I only have to wipe mine once every couple days, they tend to stay pretty clean...

Why do you still wear glasses dude. Do you like wearing them
Original post by junayd1998
contact lenses

Ughh I hate contact lenses dont you ? Why do you still wear them
Original post by Anonymous
Ughh I hate contact lenses dont you ? Why do you still wear them

I dont wear glasses or contact lenses my sight is fine. Lmao.
Why do you still wear glasses dude. Do you like wearing them

Yeah, I do :cute:
Original post by Alexion
Yeah, I do :cute:

LoL. I dont. Plus my doctor said my eyesight was so bad he didnt have a solution for me... He just prescirbed me with some ******** glasses which didnt even work so I had to cure it mysel
Original post by Mathemagicien
10 times a day counts as obsessed?! I do it way more than that

I dont understand why people still wear glasses its the 21st century for gods sake.
LoL. I dont. Plus my doctor said my eyesight was so bad he didnt have a solution for me... He just prescirbed me with some ******** glasses which didnt even work so I had to cure it mysel

oh yeah, how did you do that exactly? :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending