The Student Room Group

Wasting our time?

So I met a girl half a year ago, and quickly ended up liking her, feelings have been mutual the entire time. There's just one issue, she's 500 miles away in Ireland and I'm in South East London - England, she seems like the girl I want to be with and actually have a long term relationship with.

I've already got my flight booked and she's booked a hotel for us to stay in for next month, but it's just dawned on me recently; we will only get to see each other once a month maximum as she's a little older and works and I have my last year of sixth form. I don't deal well with long distant stuff, I had a slight experience with it 2 years ago and ended it because it was doing me no good.

So I'm asking for a little advice, do I go and see her next month like planned and see how it goes, or just end things now because it's sooner rather than later?
I advise that you go ahead (sounds like you two planned it, so might as well let it go ahead otherwise you may disappoint her and then never have the same opportunity again). As you said, she is busy, so cancelling on her wouldn't be the best of plans unless you talk to her about it.
If you do end up ending things, you'll never get to know how things could have turned out and you may end up kicking yourself for quite a bit, which isn't a good position to be in. However, if you do plan to go ahead with it, you have two paths, a platonic close friendship, or a relationship. Long distance is hard...extremely hard. With long distance, both of you really have to want to make this happen, otherwise you end up with physical disconnections and everything just goes pear shaped.

My advice is to see her because you've already planned it, and by planned I assume you mean you have financially committed to it?
See her. That will give you both a chance to talk and decide where to go from here.
Reply 3
Original post by Protoxylic
I advise that you go ahead (sounds like you two planned it, so might as well let it go ahead otherwise you may disappoint her and then never have the same opportunity again). As you said, she is busy, so cancelling on her wouldn't be the best of plans unless you talk to her about it.
If you do end up ending things, you'll never get to know how things could have turned out and you may end up kicking yourself for quite a bit, which isn't a good position to be in. However, if you do plan to go ahead with it, you have two paths, a platonic close friendship, or a relationship. Long distance is hard...extremely hard. With long distance, both of you really have to want to make this happen, otherwise you end up with physical disconnections and everything just goes pear shaped.

My advice is to see her because you've already planned it, and by planned I assume you mean you have financially committed to it?

Yes I have financially committed, but that's not the issue. I agree with all the points you've made and thought about it last night and have decided I'm more than willing to give this a working chance. Thank you for the advice!

Original post by Tiger Rag
See her. That will give you both a chance to talk and decide where to go from here.

Decided I'm going to give it a chance and see her, not going to raise any of this. Will enjoy our time together and take everything as it comes
Have some sexy time in the hotel
Reply 5
Original post by Foo.mp3
It's all booked, so just do it, and don't be so soft - ok you like her but meeting up isn't going to advance things x2. Keep your feet on ground

They've said multiple times they want a future with me and can see themselves falling in ____ with me

Original post by neal95
Have some sexy time in the hotel

Just for you Neal, will be happening for sure
Go see her!

Sounds like a great learning experience and you'll have a great time, if anything you'll come out of it as great friends.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU SIR
No suggestion as you made your mind already I suppose
my g

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending