Scroll to see replies

Reply 740

He won't be in charge in 3 months. He's barely in charge now... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 741
Original post by physicsphysics91
The EU is very democratic with all the unelected officials lol ow wait

You have no idea, do you?

The EU isn't some scary monster of unelected people controlling our country. The EU council is made up of ELECTED representatives from the public of each respective country, and leaders within the EU are elected by these guys.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/is-the-eu-undemocratic-2016-3

Our parliament is sovereign. The EU does not restrict housing developments. We follow regulations, yes, but in the event of a conflict between an EU regulation and an existing law, our Parliament has the right to choose which to follow. Many people underestimate our control in the EU. We were, alongside France and Germany, considered to be part of "The Big 3" of the most powerful and influential nations. We were on the winning side of the vast majority 90%+ of policies and laws enacted. There simply never was enough EU coverage in our mainstream media, not the EUs fault.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2016/06...rendum-debate/

If you wish to understand all the angry Remain voters you can watch this video. Perhaps then you may counter arguments informatively rather than on an impression given by journalistic slander. I don't expect many to do so, it's about 25 minutes long, but it's unbiased and informative. The professor has just as much of a career with Brexit than otherwise, so no "But he's massively biased!". The only bias he has is knowledge.
Original post by nuts
You have no idea, do you?

The EU isn't some scary monster of unelected people controlling our country. The EU council is made up of ELECTED representatives from the public of each respective country, and leaders within the EU are elected by these guys.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/is-the-eu-undemocratic-2016-3

Our parliament is sovereign. The EU does not restrict housing developments. We follow regulations, yes, but in the event of a conflict between an EU regulation and an existing law, our Parliament has the right to choose which to follow. Many people underestimate our control in the EU. We were, alongside France and Germany, considered to be part of "The Big 3" of the most powerful and influential nations. We were on the winning side of the vast majority 90%+ of policies and laws enacted. There simply never was enough EU coverage in our mainstream media, not the EUs fault.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2016/06...rendum-debate/

If you wish to understand all the angry Remain voters you can watch this video. Perhaps then you may counter arguments informatively rather than on an impression given by journalistic slander. I don't expect many to do so, it's about 25 minutes long, but it's unbiased and informative. The professor has just as much of a career with Brexit than otherwise, so no "But he's massively biased!". The only bias he has is knowledge.

You made an account just to spread those lies :rofl:
Reply 743
Original post by physicsphysics91
You made an account just to spread those lies :rofl:

I made an account for Uni application purposes and the account has existed since almost exactly a year ago. I haven't felt the need to post before now.

I find it hilarious you dismiss my points as lies with no evidence, expert opinion of any kind. You'll simply believe what you want to believe, what you were told to believe first. Many many people throughout the EU are shocked that the British public can be so misinformed, your source of info is what? A right wing Murdoch funded newspaper? Lying Farage, who rejected claims his campaign had across BUSES?

The saddest thing is that facts and reasoning don't work anymore. What good is democracy if information and reasoning are absent? Just a different form of dictatorship.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nuts
I made an account for Uni application purposes and the account has existed since the summer, don't know if there's a record of that though.

I find it hilarious you dismiss my points as lies with no evidence, expert opinion of any kind. You'll simply believe what you want to believe, what you were told to believe first. Many many people throughout the EU are shocked that the British public can be so misinformed, your source of info is what? A right wing Murdoch funded newspaper? Lying Farage, who rejected claims his campaign had across BUSES?

The saddest thing is that facts and reasoning don't work anymore. What good is democracy if information and reasoning are absent? Just a different form of dictatorship.

When I use facts I am accused of twisting the evidence to support my argument. Close, I am using evidence to support my argument over sound bites and generalisations. That is how a Bullingdon boy like Boris can con people into thinking he's crusading against the establishment. The same goes for fox hunting Farage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 745
Original post by Midlander
When I use facts I am accused of twisting the evidence to support my argument. Close, I am using evidence to support my argument over sound bites and generalisations. That is how a Bullingdon boy like Boris can con people into thinking he's crusading against the establishment. The same goes for fox hunting Farage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. Facts given during the referendum were dismissed as scaremongering (though dirty tactics were used on both sides) and the entire referendum became a glorified popularity contest. I couldn't understand why Donald Trump is popular in America, but this referendum has made it pretty clear to me now.
Why do we need a second referendum to begin with?! The decision's been made, and besides, it'll be all the Bremainers whining that they didn't win.

Then again, I would happily accept a second referendum, just to show the Bremainers that Brexit can win for a second time round. Get over it, morons!
Original post by Adamski191
Why do we need a second referendum to begin with?! The decision's been made, and besides, it'll be all the Bremainers whining that they didn't win.

Then again, I would happily accept a second referendum, just to show the Bremainers that Brexit can win for a second time round. Get over it, morons!

You want to see the pound crash a second time, it's ok to admit it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe. There is no logic in that. Not only is support for Welsh independence running at only 10%, but the majority of Welsh people voted to leave the EU. Yet she wants to leave the UK to join the EU!
Original post by nuts
I agree. Facts given during the referendum were dismissed as scaremongering (though dirty tactics were used on both sides) and the entire referendum became a glorified popularity contest. I couldn't understand why Donald Trump is popular in America, but this referendum has made it pretty clear to me now.

The clown is a clever man, he knows that people find a likeable buffoon more trustworthy and innocent than a calculating Etonian like Dave. He must be pissing himself with how easy it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 751

Plaid Cumrag is a meme party

Nobody in Wales wants independence
Original post by Midlander
You want to see the pound crash a second time, it's ok to admit it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That isn't exactly what I meant. Technically, it wasn't even a crash, it was a "dip".
Original post by Adamski191
That isn't exactly what I meant. Technically, it wasn't even a crash, it was a "dip".

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 756
Iceland.

********s.

Article 50 tomorrow.
Original post by jneill
Iceland.

********s.

Article 50 tomorrow.

Now we know how Hodgson voted.

Posted from TSR Mobile