The Student Room Group

Girlfriend wearing revealing clothes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImNotReallyMe
You are being controlling when you feel upset that someone made an individual choice that was contrary to your own expectations.

There is a story of a girl who loved her rabbit so much she squeezed it to death. When you attempt to control a person according to your standards, you are not loving and respecting them.

She also apologised? I see nothing to apologise for

This can develop into a dysfunctional relationship if you don't work on your control factor and insecurity. You're insecure because other men compliment her and now you feel challenged and this is a neurotic tendency.

If she wasn't responding to the compliments, then your relationship is fine... If she was and she cheated on you, then you leave her, simple as. No trust = no relationship

yes bby! this is everything right! LET WOMEN BE WOMEN
Original post by katherine9609
If she wants to dress in any way then she can. If you have such a view on women that the moment they get a boyfriend they have to cover up then that's your problem not the girls

Most females dress for THEMSELVES not for men. What makes you think that we dress for men, to show off and for compliments lol

Not to mention, everyone has a different view on what's revealing clothing and what isn't so as far as we know, the guy could be throwing a fit over a vest top and shorts when they go out for shopping and not just her wearing a dress for a night out.

In all honesty, it's the guy who's letting his insecurities strain their relationship. If she doesn't see a problem, if she isn't reacting to those men (who lets remember, have the right to compliment her whether she has a bf or not) then the guy shouldn't be worrying because she's with him and not all these other guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have such a view of women. I have such a view of people in relationships.

I don't show off when I'm in a relationship, even if the clothes don't look great on me, unless my SO specifically says it would be nice or the occasion calls for it. Even on the beach I keep myself covered, to make sure she's comfortable.
Original post by donutellme
I don't have such a view of women. I have such a view of people in relationships.

I don't show off when I'm in a relationship, even if the clothes don't look great on me, unless my SO specifically says it would be nice or the occasion calls for it. Even on the beach I keep myself covered, to make sure she's comfortable.

Then that's ridiculous & basically allowing the "significant other" to control you. Never should you be controlled or feel like you have to eg. Cover up to satisfy your partner. That's not right and never will be right
why would you choose what she wears? very controlling
Original post by Anonymous
pics

Beat me to it.
Then that's ridiculous & basically allowing the "significant other" to control you. Never should you be controlled or feel like you have to eg. Cover up to satisfy your partner. That's not right and never will be right

What do you think a relationship is about?... so naive.
What do you think a relationship is about?... so naive.

Most certainly not about being controlled and having a 3rd parent. The only naive person here is you because you think being controlled by your significant other is okay when in fact it's not under any circumstances. If you feel the need to do something you normally wouldn't in order to satisfy your partner then you shouldn't be with them
(edited 7 years ago)
PLOT TWIST: I was one of the guys that complimented her.
He's the insecure one yet she needs some compliments from other males to feel good lmaoooooo

Yeah but even people who aren't insecure are boosted by compliments
Most certainly not about being controlled and having a 3rd parent. The only naive person here is you because you think being controlled by your significant other is okay when in fact it's not under any circumstances. If you feel the need to do something you normally wouldn't in order to satisfy your partner then you shouldn't be with them

Yeah but it's not being controlled though. Is the fact that you'd stop flirting with others once you're in a relationship being controlled? Or perhaps you wouldn't...
Yeah but it's not being controlled though. Is the fact that you'd stop flirting with others once you're in a relationship being controlled? Or perhaps you wouldn't...

Lol wait what? Flirting? Pretty sure no one has mentioned flirting. The girl mentioned by the guy (from what he said) wasn't flirting. If you cannot see a difference between receiving compliments and flirting then you need to completely rethink your mind set

Edit: and yes, not being allowed to dress how you want just because your partner says so is controlling and wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol wait what? Flirting? Pretty sure no one has mentioned flirting. The girl mentioned by the guy (from what he said) wasn't flirting. If you cannot see a difference between receiving compliments and flirting then you need to completely rethink your mind set

Edit: and yes, not being allowed to dress how you want just because your partner says so is controlling and wrong

Suit yourself
Original post by SMEGGGY
You female? If so typical response. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine. I'm a bloke and straight and i concur with that poster.
Original post by wickedisgood
If my response is so typical, why do guys still not understand that girls can dress however they want and it be for themselves? All that shows is purposeful ignorance tbh.

Agreed. Her body, her choice.

Ok it can bring negative attention but that not her fault.

At the end of the day OP she come home to you
Me, my girlfriend and a few friends went out the other night. I picked my girlfriends dress, she tried them on I picked the one I liked the most. Half way through the night she changed into a more revealing dress for no reason. During the night she got complements from other boys and it really upset me that I went home (I get really anxious aswell and uncomfortable in situations easily). My GF said that it was nothing to worry about, she said sorry for changing dresses from the one I picked and we moved on.

This weekend were going out again and she wants to wear the same dress. I don't know how I feel about this.

Should I be upset that she wants to wear a dress that upset me so much when other people were looking and commenting? I'm not the person to say you can't wear this or that, so I'm in a bit of a situation here.

Any positive constructive comments welcome.
Thank you.

Next time you go out, wear a revealing outfit and see what your girlfriend thinks. If she says something then mention her revealing dress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Original post by 999tigger
You can foil her plan by wearing the dress yourself.

LMAOOO best solution to this problem
Reply 135
It's actually both amusing and cringe-worthy how so many women get some kind of confidence boost from being sexually objectified(because that's the kind of attention you're getting when you wear revealing clothes...the guy isn't thinking about how "beautiful" you are believe me) and in the same instance will argue tooth and nail about their poor little self-esteem having to put up with the insecurity they get from seeing mass-objectification on the media and what-not.

OP-here's the deal: If your girlfriend gets more attention when she dresses revealingly then when she doesn't, then evidently it follows that the increase in said interest isn't because she herself is attractive-it's because she's displaying herself sexually. Give her an ultimatum-she either switches off her whore radiation or you leave her, because realistically you're not obliged to put up with it.
Reply 136

You're sure about that?
Reply 137
Me, my girlfriend and a few friends went out the other night. I picked my girlfriends dress, she tried them on I picked the one I liked the most. Half way through the night she changed into a more revealing dress for no reason. During the night she got complements from other boys and it really upset me that I went home (I get really anxious aswell and uncomfortable in situations easily). My GF said that it was nothing to worry about, she said sorry for changing dresses from the one I picked and we moved on.

This weekend were going out again and she wants to wear the same dress. I don't know how I feel about this.

Should I be upset that she wants to wear a dress that upset me so much when other people were looking and commenting? I'm not the person to say you can't wear this or that, so I'm in a bit of a situation here.

Any positive constructive comments welcome.
Thank you.

You should be proud of her, for example my case boyfriend love it when wear revealing outfits as well as compliment me also he buy for me revealing outfits many my micro skirts and mini dresses are from him and vacation even I don't wear panties, so don't worry too much be happy enjoy the life.
Reply 138
I respect my girlfriend and respect her wishes and I'm not going to generalise women as a whole because that is incorrect but alot of views from females I have seen revolve around the fact 'it's my body I can wear what I want' and I completely get that woman want to not only look sexy but feel sexy and compliments are a large part of that but I also understand how uncomfortable it can make the man/other half feel from first hand experience, hopefully this doesn't offend anyone :biggrin:
I personally like the feeling of being out with a girl who is drawing attention. She's going home with you. She probably wants to feel sexy and confident. If she is revealing good attributes then I think you should embrace it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending