The Student Room Group

Which set of A levels should i do?

1) Business studies, Computer science, Psychology

2) Economics, Law, Psychology

3) Economics, Law, Computer science

In the future i am looking into a career as a financial trader which require an Economics or Business degree, computer science is helpful as the majority of trading is done via computers, also picking computer science would leave more options open.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RS012

It depends what you want to be when your older.
Reply 3
Could you do Economics, Psychology and Computer science? If not then 2. Don't do business, it's a weak and boring A-level, quite useless but A2 is alright I guess
I think for economics degrees you don't even need economics a level but maths! Apparently business and law aren't too respected sadly but depends on if that matters to you or not
I think Economics, Computer Science and Psychology would put you in the strongest position. However, you need to pick subjects which you will enjoy and be successful at. Computer Science is tough, but if you enjoy it like me, then it's great! Hope this helps...

P.S maths is probably the best A-level you could pick if that is an option?
Reply 6
Original post by Paniniception
I think for economics degrees you don't even need economics a level but maths! Apparently business and law aren't too respected sadly but depends on if that matters to you or not

I'll second this - if you're set on doing an Economics degree then, if it's not stated as a requirement (some Uni's require it), having Maths at least to AS Level definitely swings in your favour (apparently it did for me and caused my offer for Economics at Uni to be lowered, although I did Maths to A2). Just something to bear in mind!

Honestly I wouldn't focus on the future too much, you may change your mind along the way and you've gotta study those A Level subjects for 2 years so I'd at least have one subject that you enjoy/interests you in there :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by RS012

In the future i am looking into a career as a financial trader which require an Economics or Business degree, computer science is helpful as the majority of trading is done via computers, also picking computer science would leave more options open.

Economics, Computer Science, Psychology. Personally, Economics is a far better (and broader) subject to do than Business Studies but honestly its up to you. Throw in Maths if you like as that would hopefully keep your options more open in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest