The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

I'm 22 and if all goes to plan I'll hopefully be studying Speech Science at Sheffield come September.
29 and off to Lincoln in September to finish my psychology degree.
Hi Starting Woles Uni September 16, studying Health & Wellbeing Leap and I will be 49 when I start.
currently 29, starting software engineering at UWE Bristol this September and will be 34-35 at the end
Just finished my foundation year and starting the first year, of Quantity Surveying at UCLan at the grand age of 40.
Just turned 24 starting an access to nursing and allied health at the manchester college in sept
I'm 25, just finished an access course and going to UCL to study law in September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 26, just finished an Access to Health course and going to be studying Biomedical Science at University of Sunderland this September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oldest for a course requiring strength/fitness? I'm 49 and starting B.Sc. Forestry in September
I'll be 45 just after I start a Clinical Technology degree at Bradford Uni this year :-)

I have 4 children, 2 of which are grown up and left home now, so a 12 and 9 yo (and husband) all with ASD to cope with. Studying is my sanity and where I get to talk to people who share 'my' interests! It would be nice if I'm not the only older one on the course, but it's not essential, I love listening to the younger ones and hearing what they get up to.
Reply 1490
Just accepted a place to study Spanish at MMU - I did apply and get accepted last year, but got cold feet at the very last minute due to being mature (I'm 33), concerned of feeling a bit out of place.

Really really regretted all year so applied again and this time I am going to get over myself and just go for it :smile:
i think i the youngest mature student (20). im going to study radiography this sep
Hi all, so im a mature student (33) just completed an access to higher education course and am off to bcu in sept to do a diagnostic radiography course! im super excited but also absolutlely terrified, i have three young children but due to the distance from my house and uni i am going to have to live in halls from mon-fri.
Just wondered if any other mature students have had experiences living in halls as im worried im going to stand out like a sore thumb!
Any advice would be much appreciated.
36, MA Anthrozoology at Exeter. Did my undergrad at Derby :smile:
Original post by kwhitman
Hi all, so im a mature student (33) just completed an access to higher education course and am off to bcu in sept to do a diagnostic radiography course! im super excited but also absolutlely terrified, i have three young children but due to the distance from my house and uni i am going to have to live in halls from mon-fri.
Just wondered if any other mature students have had experiences living in halls as im worried im going to stand out like a sore thumb!
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi
I have just finished radiotherapy at BCU, so I've spent a lot of time with the diagnostic students and lecturers. which halls are you staying in? Some of my friends stayed in halls as a mature student and they seemed to get on ok and I have always been included by the younger students, and have become really good friends with them. There will be a huge variety of ages on the course, think the eldest on diagnostic was about 60 and many of them have children.
Hope that helps
Good luck with your course, I had an amazing time and I'm 40 this year.
Lindsay xx
Original post by lindsay2910
Hi
I have just finished radiotherapy at BCU, so I've spent a lot of time with the diagnostic students and lecturers. which halls are you staying in? Some of my friends stayed in halls as a mature student and they seemed to get on ok and I have always been included by the younger students, and have become really good friends with them. There will be a huge variety of ages on the course, think the eldest on diagnostic was about 60 and many of them have children.
Hope that helps
Good luck with your course, I had an amazing time and I'm 40 this year.
Lindsay xx

Oh wow! thankyou so much for replying and putting my mind at rest, i have been imagining being in the middle of a bunch of 18 year olds! haha. Im hoping to stay in my student village as i would like my own bathroom but have applied to city south too!
I have just had a private message from a lady who is in exactly the same position as me and on the same course as me so i think im going to be just fine.
good luck with radiotherapy such an amazing profession.
Original post by kwhitman
Oh wow! thankyou so much for replying and putting my mind at rest, i have been imagining being in the middle of a bunch of 18 year olds! haha. Im hoping to stay in my student village as i would like my own bathroom but have applied to city south too!
I have just had a private message from a lady who is in exactly the same position as me and on the same course as me so i think im going to be just fine.
good luck with radiotherapy such an amazing profession.

We found trying to find people on here and also Facebook really helped as we already kind of knew each other when we started. You will be fine.
I start work on Monday so there is light at the end of the tunnel xxx
Hi everyone, I am a 38 year old mature student who has just finished an Access to Sciences at Chichester college. I am going to study Biological sciences at Brighton from September and will be commuting from home for practical reasons. Have already been a mature student when I was 25 studying boat building and spent the last 7 years working in a brewery! Looking forward to the change of direction and meeting some new and interesting people along the way :smile:
I'll be 25 when I go to study Web Development at the University of Worcester.
I thought I was on the older spectrum but going by some in here I seem to be mid-tier mature student: 33, going to study Software Engineeering

Quick Reply

Latest