The Student Room Group

Told a girl she's good-looking and...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Habina786xx
This happens to me every SINGLE DAY!

Omg I can't cope lmaooo.

I ignore them. Coz I just find it creepy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you find creepy ?

Original post by Blondie987
I wish I could speak Arabic it's such an awesome language

I can teach you :biggrin:
Original post by That Arab Guy
What do you find creepy ?

I can teach you :biggrin:

Shukran!
Shukran!

Dayum girl you taking lessons elsewhere already ye
Hello there dear friend,

I would like to inform you that complimenting one based on what is halal for them to display in public, by including Allahs name within it is far from haraam.

If what you were saying is true then forming some means of Halaal relationship would be virtually impossible unless done via a consensual arranged method, which we all know isn't the only way a halal relationship can be formed.

Let's not confuse culture with religion. What is Haraam is clear and what is Halal is clear. Trying to declare something Haraam when it isn't is called shirk.

Let's all relax and eat Iftaar. Amen.

I don't want to keep arguing with you on this so I might make this my last post on this topic, because I suspect I might come to annoy you if I come across too zealously or persistently dismissive of your argument :beard:

I would like you to provide daleel for your first statement please. I do not believe it is halal for me to walk up to a sister who is covered and say "the profile of your covered bum is attractive MashaAllah"; and as the arse is covered and her profile is not something that can be masked completely (although it can be hidden to some extent) she may walk clothed in public. Mentioning Allah's name does not make a sin not a sin, in the same way saying Astaghfirullah repetitively during zinah does not free one of the sin for that. I know it's an extreme example but the point stands.

Regarding interaction with women, please read this short article as it mentions several hadith of interest:
https://islamqa.info/en/113996

If you were with a girl with one of her Mahrem present and you were talking for the intention of marriage, I am not 100% sure (since I am no scholar obviously), but I think you would be permitted to compliment her in the manner that you did if your intention was to express approval of the girl and subsequently pursue marriage.

To declare something haram or halal out of taqwa and with righteousness in mind does not constitute shirk, otherwise Ikhtilaaf would not exist in the scholarly community. As a matter rulings anyway, it is clear that it is haram, not halal to compliment (non-Mahrem) women directly without reason.

BarakAllahu feek, and I hope I don't sound arrogant in addressing this topic
Dayum girl you taking lessons elsewhere already ye

Haha, I know how to say like two things lol
Original post by Zamestaneh
I do not believe it is halal for me to walk up to a sister who is covered and say "the profile of your covered bum is attractive MashaAllah";

You must be having a wobble mate. Who spoke of her bum ? I'm talking about this girls eye colour and you're talking about her arse.
Haha, I know how to say like two things lol

Where are you from ? :tongue:
Subhan'Allah = Glorious is God

Masha'Allah = Through the will of God~

Insha'Allah = If God wills it

Astaghfir'Allah = I seek forgiveness from God

Alhamdol'Allah = Praise and thanks be to God.

I know this because Arabic is my mother tongue.

LIES!
Subhan Allah= What a car you have, wish it was mine.
Masha'Allah = DON"T ENVY MY SH** or I am envy your ****. Depends on who's speaking.
Insha'Allah = Not in a thousand years.
Asthagfir'Allah = tell me more about this hot chick.
Alhamdol'Allah = Yea, my life is ruined, but I still have 5 pounds to go the cinema tomorrow.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo
LIES!
Subhan Allah= What a car you have, wish it was mine.
Masha'Allah = DON"T ENVY MY SH**
Insha'Allah = Not in a thousand years.
Asthagfir'Allah = tell me more about this hot chick.
Alhamdol'Allah = Yea, my life is ruined, but I still have 5 pounds to go the cinema tomorrow.

Clocked me :frown:
Clocked me :frown:

It's true though, at least that's how they're used in Egypt lol :biggrin:
Slide in?

Ooooo Ankle toe 8===D
Get out of your bubble and you'll see that there's other girls who will appreciate your compliments.

But Arab this and Muslim that.
Original post by oShahpo
It's true though, at least that's how they're used in Egypt lol :biggrin:

This is how they're used in Algeria

Subhan Allah= Why the **** did you do that ?
Masha'Allah = Don't give me the evil eye
Insha'Allah = No
Asthagfir'Allah = I give up with life cba anymore
Alhamdol'Allah = Only ever used at the start of a convo when answering the question "kifak?"
Where are you from ? :tongue:

Glasgow lol, but my mum worked as a nurse in Saudi so she taught me a couple of things :smile:
"you should be too", I think she realised he wanted to eat her.
I told a hijabi she is "good-looking MashaAllah" in a respectful manner (she genuinely has a good looking face and eyes to be honest)

and she said "I'm fasting, and you should be too so lower your gaze"

I'm done fam. Man wasn't even trying to slide in, I was just being honest.

Toba toba

*holding lobes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glasgow lol, but my mum worked as a nurse in Saudi so she taught me a couple of things :smile:

Ahh cool ! :biggrin:
Original post by AppleB
Subhan Allah
Mashallah
Inshallah
Astaghfirullah
Alhamdulillah

I know so many Muslim words :ahee:

omfg i love you :lol:

@Zamestaneh hi :colonhash:
Man chill. The same girl probably gonna be letting 100 guys slide per second once ramadan is finished.

Key thing to note here I wasn't even sliding mate. I was genuinely saying something nice.

My man goes in! Straight savage. Respect my brother. :proud:
Reply 59
I told a hijabi she is "good-looking MashaAllah" in a respectful manner (she genuinely has a good looking face and eyes to be honest)

and she said "I'm fasting, and you should be too so lower your gaze"

I'm done fam. Man wasn't even trying to slide in, I was just being honest.

Hmmm, I think she just wanted to remind you that to lower your gaze would be better for you. :smile:

Don't feel bad about what she said but think of it as a reminder from her. If after Ramadan she is different (may Allah forbid) that is her problem and she will be held accountable.

@Zamestaneh was just trying to remind you the best way he can with the islamic teaching, as of course one can't really make their own statements when it is already there in islam.

Hope you understand insha'Allah. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest