The Student Room Group

People who claim Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers...

Scroll to see replies

That's because they clearly are less intelligent. Look at the morons in Cornwall and Wales...
Original post by Chakede
i think a lot of the more retarded brexit voters see a vote against eu as their vote against all foreigners - white black or brown - hence the multitude of reports over the last two days of brexiters telling black, muslims, to 'go home' as well as polish and romanian school kids. this is the level of the dregs you are 'proudly standing alongside' on your eu free bus.

Whatever your point is, there's no need to use the word "retarded". Horrible word to use.
Original post by offhegoes
Whatever your point is, there's no need to use the word "retarded". Horrible word to use.

yes i know , but having talked to some brexiteers here on another thread, like 41b for example, theres no other word that adequatley describes, actually an insult to someone in that condition. i wont use that term again.
Xenophobic as well as racist then :wink:

Surely a xenophobe/racist would advocate evicting people of different ethnicities, faiths and cultures, not advocating border controls on an ethnic group which is shared by the home constituency?
Original post by Chakede
i think a lot of the more retarded brexit voters see a vote against eu as their vote against all foreigners - white black or brown - hence the multitude of reports over the last two days of brexiters telling black, muslims, to 'go home' as well as polish and romanian school kids. this is the level of the dregs you are 'proudly standing alongside' on your eu free bus.

Yeah all those European countries bursting with brown and black citizens waiting to spill over here to the UK, you are really grasping at straws now.
Original post by AverageExcellence
Yeah all those European countries bursting with brown and black citizens waiting to spill over here to the UK, you are really grasping at straws now.

eerr.. yeh , France, Germany, Sweden?

besides brexiters have enough issues with our own foreigners here , let alone europes
Original post by richpanda

Us working and even lower middle class people are fed up of being told what to do, how we're stupid and uneducated. Whilst you're sitting drinking coffee and eating artisan bread and reading the Guardian, we see nothing of benefit from the EU.

In five years time, perhaps, you will 'see' how much we needed the EU. With this thread you have wanted to show your intelligence but honestly honey all I see is ignorance. The EU referendum isn't about class war, this isn't about hipsters and Guardianistas. This is about the UK steering uncontrollably towards destruction and people like you just don't get it. Have you not seen the widely shared Financial Times graph? That shows the towns that received the greatest subsidies from the EU were the strongest Brexiters? Does that seem like an educated vote to you? You believe the EU was at the core of this countries decline, lol, you were mistaken. This country is now in the hands of deceptive fools, let's see how it goes!
Original post by Chakede
eerr.. yeh , France, Germany, Sweden?

besides brexiters have enough issues with our own foreigners here , let alone europes

I can't say im fully aware of the exodus of black swedes, germans or french that want to be here as opposed to there. Sounds like you've got that 2nd gen inferiority complex.

Calling something a racist doesn't make it so, just like calling the islamic faith violent or bigoted doesn't make it so.
Surely a xenophobe/racist would advocate evicting people of different ethnicities, faiths and cultures, not advocating border controls on an ethnic group which is shared by the home constituency?

Well if they're also a xenophobe then they simply won't want anyone let in who isn't from their own country - Britain.

I don't really use etymology to decide what a xenophobe may or may not think. I tend to stick to the standard definition.
I can't say im fully aware of the exodus of black swedes, germans or french that want to be here as opposed to there. Sounds like you've got that 2nd gen inferiority complex.

Calling something a racist doesn't make it so, just like calling the islamic faith violent or bigoted doesn't make it so.

obviously you dont get out of your estate in oldham very often - but just fyi germany, sweden and france has plenty of black and brown people, perhaps more per capita than here
Well if they're also a xenophobe then they simply won't want anyone let in who isn't from their own country - Britain.

I don't really use etymology to decide what a xenophobe may or may not think. I tend to stick to the standard definition.

So we're saying 17 million voters are advocating evicting all non indigeonous English people? this just gets funnier, basically anyone who advocates border controls = BNP supporter
Original post by Chakede
obviously you dont get out of your estate in oldham very often - but just fyi germany, sweden and france has plenty of black and brown people, perhaps more per capita than here

Yes im aware of that, but border controls are hardly directly at the ethnic minorities of Germany, France and Sweden, more so at other white europeans, hence it cannot be racist.
So we're saying 17 million voters are advocating evicting all non indigeonous English people? this just gets funnier, basically anyone who advocates border controls = BNP supporter

I've not said any such thing. But it is entirely plausible that a significant number of Leave voters are racist or xenophobic. Such a think is clearly hard to prove, although there are a few pointers. For example try comparing BSA's report on racism (based on self-reporting) with Leave vote percentages by region of the UK.
I've not said any such thing. But it is entirely plausible that a significant number of Leave voters are racist or xenophobic. Such a think is clearly hard to prove, although there are a few pointers. For example try comparing BSA's report on racism (based on self-reporting) with Leave vote percentages by region of the UK.

The point is just as valid as saying well there are probably some racist MPs in parliament, we can't exactly prove exactly who or how many but its safe to assume some are, therefore parliament must be a racist entity.

Sure racists voted leave, but they haven't encapsulated what the leave campaign wanted
Again, I think this is the case that not all leave voters are 'uneducated', but most uneducated people appear to be leave voters.

Have you seen the state of some of these people being interviewed on the news, and then you wonder why some people hold disdain for the working class. Btw, I am not saying that all working class people are unintelligent, far from it in fact (I know one girl from a very working class background who is going to do medicine at Oxford), it's just that a large proportion of the working class genuinely have voted on the basis of hating foreigners, "getting their country back", and have given no thought to the consequences of Brexit. Not that I can blame them in a way, they were fed a pack of lies by Vote Leave.

The Cornish do make me laugh though. They voted to leave the EU, yet received hundreds of millions in funding from them. Then they demand that the British government somehow fill up this cash vacancy, and then declare that they want to be independent from England? No offence, but you don't even have to have half a brain to see how illogical this is. Under a government ran by Boris Johnson they will never get the same funding for the region. Way to shoot yourself in the foot.
The point is just as valid as saying well there are probably some racist MPs in parliament, we can't exactly prove exactly who or how many but its safe to assume some are, therefore parliament must be a racist entity.

Sure racists voted leave, but they haven't encapsulated what the leave campaign wanted

Again, no-one says that they have. But some people seem to be obsessed with claiming that the Leave campaign did not take a significant number of votes from people motivated to vote by racism, no doubt misunderstanding what the Vote Leave campaign was advocating for the UK's future.

Of course I trust that Farage would have done his utmost to avoid accidentally motivating racisms to vote Leave... :rolleyes:
Again, no-one says that they have. But some people seem to be obsessed with claiming that the Leave campaign did not take a significant number of votes from people motivated to vote by racism, no doubt misunderstanding what the Vote Leave campaign was advocating for the UK's future.

Of course I trust that Farage would have done his utmost to avoid accidentally motivating racisms to vote Leave... :rolleyes:

It just seems like a means to delegitimise the vote, im sure if it was 48% 52% the other way around there wouldn't be this issue
It just seems like a means to delegitimise the vote, im sure if it was 48% 52% the other way around there wouldn't be this issue

Racists can vote too, so no problems there.

If it was the other was round then I'm sure Leave voters would be bringing up a thousand and one points and Remain voters would be responding. With much nonsense from both sides, as is the case now.
They're not less intelligent. It's just the fact that people immediately assume that having a degree automatically makes you an intelligent person. Also, statistics wise, the older generation, who predominantly voted leave, weren't as able to get degrees as we are at the moment. So the fact that most vote leavers don't have degrees is because they're from an earlier generation and not because they're idiots.

(I voted remain btw)
(edited 7 years ago)
People who bought the lies of the Brexiters and believed the UK will be better off outside the EU have definitely a very low IQ.

Quick Reply