The Student Room Group

Messing with my head

So I have a crush, given I've liked her for 2 years (I was a coward in high school trust me, anything to do with feelings were just pushed away) I'd say it's pretty strong. I've spoken to her a handful of times in the past 18 months, she's confident, obviously attractive and intelligent. I fell for her right, and I feel stupid that after all this time I still like her. But knowing there's a girl that's your exact type just down the road, it hits you.

Obviously I wanna tell her, I'm not the fittest guy by any means but if you want something in life I suppose just go for it. I'm more confident now, it's just how to tell her. I always see her at inopportune times or not at all and I just want a few minutes to chat. Would give a lot to just ring her up and have a chat. I don't know what to do though, I can be cool and confident or I can tell her what I think about her. I don't wanna mess things up either way cause I like her more than the average guy on the street. She's kinda changed me without her even knowing a thing, and I feel so stupid that I've allowed myself to fancy someone for this amount of time without saying anything. Just what do I do it's messing with my head so bad.
Reply 1
Thanks for the help lmaooo. Was kinda therapeutic writing this down though, have to admit. Long too.
just Facebook message her if there are no other options ..?
Reply 3
Original post by lalahlooland
just Facebook message her if there are no other options ..?

Would have to create one especially but suppose it's an option
Yes, a girl I had a thing with a couple of years ago is also messing with my head, asking me to meet after the football tonight. I mean it sounds very appealing especially as I will have had a few beers. Man my head is so messed at the minute, decisions decisions....
Reply 5
Original post by neal95
Yes, a girl I had a thing with a couple of years ago is also messing with my head, asking me to meet after the football tonight. I mean it sounds very appealing especially as I will have had a few beers. Man my head is so messed at the minute, decisions decisions....

loool stop bragging brother, enjoy your night:h:
I don't know the first thing about asking a girl out (then again, there's a reason for that...) but I do know one thing; you, my friend, need a plan! Basically, you have to play the long game. What I mean by that, is you need to acquaint yourself with her, and become her friend. You mustn't let your feelings toward her tamper with this friendship until you feel ready to tell her about them, then, when the pair of you seem inseparable, you go in for the kill. If it fails, at least you tried. Anyways, good luck.
Ask her to meet you one day, say its been a long time and that we should hang out soon. Then tell her how you feel, if it doesn't work out then at least you know but since it's been 18 months you never know.

Coming from a girl, its best if you ask them. I, personally don't like people who mess around. I'd rather them be upfront...

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
loool stop bragging brother, enjoy your night:h:

Didn't go in the end :frown: but it all kicked off in the pub with fights after we were knocked out of the euros so I observed and then went back in for a pint to watch others play pool lol
Reply 9
Original post by neal95
Didn't go in the end :frown: but it all kicked off in the pub with fights after we were knocked out of the euros so I observed and then went back in for a pint to watch others play pool lol

Unlucky mate, dreadful game may as well have joined in the scrap
Original post by Adamski191
I don't know the first thing about asking a girl out (then again, there's a reason for that...) but I do know one thing; you, my friend, need a plan! Basically, you have to play the long game. What I mean by that, is you need to acquaint yourself with her, and become her friend. You mustn't let your feelings toward her tamper with this friendship until you feel ready to tell her about them, then, when the pair of you seem inseparable, you go in for the kill. If it fails, at least you tried. Anyways, good luck.

Suppose, but I've gotta make a move to even get to that stage, and I want to try and make sure it goes past "Nah I don't like you mate", cause I'm sure her opinion on me (if she has a negative one) would change (even if she doesn't fancy me I'd still have a laugh) if she saw the real me.
Original post by Holidaylover647
Ask her to meet you one day, say its been a long time and that we should hang out soon. Then tell her how you feel, if it doesn't work out then at least you know but since it's been 18 months you never know.

Coming from a girl, its best if you ask them. I, personally don't like people who mess around. I'd rather them be upfront...

Good luck :smile:

I like this and cheers, if I see her I'll just have a convo, catch up quickly and just say I loved talking to her both now and in the past and since it's been a while if she wants to meet up over the summer for a coffee or something. Seems simple enough, it's just having the bottle in the moment. Thanks again, nice to get an idea of how the female mind works.
There is no "smooth" way to ask a girl out. Just man up and do it. It'll catch her by surprise, but you'll ultimately get your answer. If it's a yes, good job and I wish you the best of luck. If no, then you leave her alone and accept it was never meant to be.

Good luck!
Original post by Elivercury
There is no "smooth" way to ask a girl out. Just man up and do it. It'll catch her by surprise, but you'll ultimately get your answer. If it's a yes, good job and I wish you the best of luck. If no, then you leave her alone and accept it was never meant to be.

Good luck!

Cheers, will do.
Just creating the chance has always been the issue, I know that I'd have the courage to ask her out now but I never get to see her alone. Frustrating considering we're breaking up for summer within like 4 days
Another day passes, keeps eating me up. I know that I can do it the opportunity just never arises.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending