The Student Room Group

Told a girl she's good-looking and...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blondie987
Glasgow lol, but my mum worked as a nurse in Saudi so she taught me a couple of things :smile:

:five:
Original post by That Arab Guy
Subhan'Allah = Glorious is God

Masha'Allah = Through the will of God~

Insha'Allah = If God wills it

Astaghfir'Allah = I seek forgiveness from God

Alhamdol'Allah = Praise and thanks be to God.

I know this because Arabic is my mother tongue.

Whenever i sneeze, someone says "Alhamdol'Allah"
Are you seriously telling me that person is thanking God for making me sneeze?
If so.... :angry:
thirsty ppl
Original post by cupcakes87
omfg i love you :lol:

@Zamestaneh hi :colonhash:

Wagwarn sis :eyeball:

Original post by h333
Hmmm, I think she just wanted to remind you that to lower your gaze would be better for you. :smile:

Don't feel bad about what she said but think of it as a reminder from her. If after Ramadan she is different (may Allah forbid) that is her problem and she will be held accountable.

@Zamestaneh was just trying to remind you the best way he can with the islamic teaching, as of course one can't really make their own statements when it is already there in islam.

Hope you understand insha'Allah. :smile:

PRSOM :smile:
I told a hijabi she is "good-looking MashaAllah" in a respectful manner (she genuinely has a good looking face and eyes to be honest)

and she said "I'm fasting, and you should be too so lower your gaze"

I'm done fam. Man wasn't even trying to slide in, I was just being honest.

O I C

Spoiler

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
O I C

Spoiler

Lel :tongue:
lmfaooo
Her reaction could have been worse, at least she didn't slap you :lol:
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
You would think that bro, but if a girl finds you unattractive, then she'll see you as a creep and a nuisance if you compliment her. And if she finds you attractive, she'll wet her legs.

girls who have that kind of double standard make me want to pour wildfire down their throats
I told a hijabi she is "good-looking MashaAllah" in a respectful manner (she genuinely has a good looking face and eyes to be honest)

Lol man hijaabis are the worst. They're the last type of person you'd want to compliment. You'd give them a compliment and they'd convert it into raw sh!t and throw it in your face.
(edited 7 years ago)
It would look like you're possibly attempting to hit on her even if she wasn't muslim. Like when a guy says "you have nice eyes" it usually leads to something.
Reply 71
Original post by champ_mc99
It would look like you're possibly attempting to hit on her even if she wasn't muslim. Like when a guy says "you have nice eyes" it usually leads to something.

When girls say I have nice eyes it never leads to anything ;(
Dont open the spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by eden3

Lmfaoooooooo.
Reply 74
Original post by xobeauty
Lmfaoooooooo.

LOOOOOL allow it :rofl:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Astaghfirullah brother, you shouldn't be harassing Muslimahs on this most holiest of months :naughty:

188556745.jpg

Hhhahahah I died. :rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eden3

Mate the only "girls" that compliment my looks are (very nice) grannies at the care home. Call yourself lucky. :biggrin:
Really don't see the big deal... She was right.
You obviously analysed her before you felt the need to compliment her 'respectfully', so she kindly reminded you to lower your gaze.
Man chill. The same girl probably gonna be letting 100 guys slide per second once ramadan is finished.

Key thing to note here I wasn't even sliding mate. I was genuinely saying something nice.

Quick Reply

Latest