The Student Room Group

People who supported Brexit - do you feel conned?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazarooni89
Our future outlook is now considered "negative" by credit rating agencies.
Key Leave campaigners are immediately backtracking on the campaign's main selling points as mistakes
EU Leaders, far from considering themselves a sinking ship, are considering us an added weight and telling us to get out quickly now.
Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar are seriously trying to break

I'm sorry, but people who know what they're talking about much better than you do predominantly see this as a bad thing.

You know, there is more to life than money? I addressed this in replies to other people. I couldn't care less if Scotland, NI and Gibraltar leave.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Have you ever listened to one of Trump's speeches in full? He has never said anything racist, he has threatened to ban muslims from coming into the country and threatened to kick out illegals, neither of which are racist.

So I was thinking: "if only someone put together a list of 10 examples of Trump being racist."
You know, there is more to life than money? I addressed this in replies to other people. I couldn't care less if Scotland, NI and Gibraltar leave.

Yeh, your imaginary kids
Have you ever listened to one of Trump's speeches in full? He has never said anything racist, he has threatened to ban muslims from coming into the country and threatened to kick out illegals, neither of which are racist.

I also find it disturbing that you would want Hilary after all the shady **** she has been in, she is literally being investigated by the FBI right now.

Despite the obvious fact that banning all Muslims from entering the country is ridiculous, unconstitutional and bigoted.
You don't think calling Mexican immigrants drug dealers and rapists is racist? Okay
Original post by DorianGrayism
Yeh, your imaginary kids

Nice one, Dorian. 10/10. Really helping the view that us Millenials are just petty children.
(edited 7 years ago)
You know, there is more to life than money? I addressed this in replies to other people.

So you admit then, that in an economic sense, leaving the EU has not, and is unlikely to be a positive thing for this country?

In what sense are you thinking that picture you posted applies then?

I couldn't care less if Scotland, NI and Gibraltar leave.

You might not, but if it were clear that the UK is set to do absolutely fantastically as a country from now on, one would think they'd prefer to remain a part of it.
Reply 106
Err no.

They quite literally wrote

"3 million jobs are linked to our trade with the EU"

http://www.strongerin.co.uk/3_million_jobs_are_linked_to_our_trade_with_the_eu#RwGGcQDi9YXfhGRU.97

Lol.

Love how you are changing what you are writing. First, it is 3 million jobs would be lost. Next it is 3 million jobs are at risk.

https://twitter.com/StrongerIn/status/741763619038367745

:bebored:
Well, I read the experts reports, and while it did seem it would no doubt cause economic issues, I valued the relevance of the vote for me and my future children more, as well as the ability to propose private bills for MPs which couldn't be vetoed by the EU.

Regardless, they're hardly going to ignore the 6th largest economy on earth, we weren't going to starving in the streets or fighting civil wars regardless.

It was the 5th largest economy on Thursday, which shows you how far we've come and how much control we have taken back.

Neither the 5th or 6th largest economy has much clout against the 1st: the European Union.
Original post by InnerTemple
So I was thinking: "if only someone put together a list of 10 examples of Trump being racist."

"huffington post" good start.

1. "
The Justice Department sued his company twice for not renting to black people "

Well, it maybe because black people are generally poorer than whites and cause more crime (look at the statistics)

"
2:In fact, discrimination against black people has been a pattern in his career

So we have one employee commenting? Just one? You know what they would have to gain from crying racism right?

"
He refused to condemn the white supremacists who are campaigning for him "

That's not racist at all, why would you condemn somebody supporting you?

"
He questions whether President Obama was born in the United States "

Falsely created controversy, not racism

"
He treats racial groups as monoliths "

All politicians do this

"
He trashed Native Americans, too "

He pointed out how they looked, so what exactly? It's not racist to point out a way somebody looks, it is racist to change your behaviour based on that fact

He encouraged the mob justice that resulted in the wrongful imprisonment of the Central Park Five I don't see how this is racist, he is literally just encouraging retribution for murder.

He condoned the beating of a Black Lives Matter protesterBlack lives matter ARE racists

He called supporters who beat up a homeless Latino man “passionate”
Diplomatic language again, he doesn't want to attack his supporters.

He stereotyped Jews as good negotiators and political masterminds Alright, I will give you that, potentially racist. Still, it's positive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by scrotgrot
It was the 5th largest economy on Thursday, which shows you how far we've come and how much control we have taken back.

Neither the 5th or 6th largest economy has much clout against the 1st: the European Union.

Hey look, treating a political union as an economy, one of the reasons I vorted out!
Original post by tazarooni89
So you admit then, that in an economic sense, leaving the EU has not, and is unlikely to be a positive thing for this country?

In what sense are you thinking that picture you posted applies then?

You might not, but if it were clear that the UK is set to do absolutely fantastically as a country from now on, one would think they'd prefer to remain a part of it.

Yeah I admit that, I responded with the cartoon in a "hey, we can post cartoons too" kinda way, then defended it when necessary.

Don't care about a twitter status that anyone could have written.

3 Million Jobs linked to the EU. Those jobs are at risk.

Funny, how you ignore the official campaign slogan in favour of a tweet.

Original post by Samiz

1. The 3,000,000 job losses was found out to be a lie

Wrong. No one said that except for you.
"huffington post" good start.

1. "
The Justice Department sued his company twice for not renting to black people "

Well, it maybe because black people are generally poorer than whites and cause more crime (look at the statistics)

You've literally just described racism.

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior".

If you're not renting to black people because they "commit more crime", and therefore choose white people in all cases instead - YOU ARE A RACIST. that's literally what racism is.
Reply 113
Don't care about a twitter status that anyone could have written.

3 Million Jobs linked to the EU. Those jobs are at risk.

Funny, how you ignore the official campaign slogan in favour of a tweet.

That Twitter status...is the official campaign...
Original post by Tabstercat
You've literally just described racism.

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior".

If you're not renting to black people because they "commit more crime", and therefore choose white people in all cases instead - YOU ARE A RACIST. that's literally what racism is.

How exactly does pointing out a statistic make whites superior? Not all blacks commit the crime, it may have been that the black people came across worse too, which is an individual thing.
Oh dear, you don't think I saw the recession coming? It's almost like what happens in 30 years and to my children is more important to me now and in the next 15 years.

Are you incapable of thinking long term?

Your long term is longer than time any sense of prediction can be made for, you're literally gambling current 15 years because 15 years after that we might be better off - which we wont because in that 15 years which you claim to be non-important, international investments will leave leading to noncompetitive economy, investment will fall leading to loss of productivity which leads to further fall in economic output which leads to loss of talent from the economy, There is a reason we produce budgets every year, and there is a reason most forecasts with reasonable margin of error are made for ~5-10 years in future. In 30 years we'll have had at least 6 parliaments, we don't know what kind of automation technology will have taken a hold and what our economic model will be.

Your "long term future plan of 30 years" is akin to trying to prepare for modern economy in 1986. IBM had just come out with a 7kg laptop, and we had our first computer virus.. EU or Euro wouldn't be a thing for another half decade, you think you could have predicted and planned for our current economic and technological situation at that time? Because that is literally what your plan here is.

On more general note; to absolutely no one's surprise (hopefully) we're not getting the something for nothing deal Boris claimed; as confirmed by diplomats in EU.
Original post by Samiz
That Twitter status...is the official campaign...

The post says that 3m jobs are linked to the EU and are at risk.

What part of that do you disagree with?
Original post by swanderfeild
Your long term is longer than time any sense of prediction can be made for, you're literally gambling current 15 years because 15 years after that we might be better off - which we wont because in that 15 years which you claim to be non-important, international investments will leave leading to noncompetitive economy, investment will fall leading to loss of productivity which leads to further fall in economic output which leads to loss of talent from the economy, There is a reason we produce budgets every year, and there is a reason most forecasts with reasonable margin of error are made for ~5-10 years in future. In 30 years we'll have had at least 6 parliaments, we don't know what kind of automation technology will have taken a hold and what our economic model will be.

Your "long term future plan of 30 years" is akin to trying to prepare for modern economy in 1986. IBM had just come out with a 7kg laptop, and we had our first computer virus.. EU or Euro wouldn't be a thing for another half decade, you think you could have predicted and planned for our current economic and technological situation at that time? Because that is literally what your plan here is.

On more general note; to absolutely no one's surprise (hopefully) we're not getting the something for nothing deal Boris claimed; as confirmed by diplomats in EU.

Well, I can predict that in 30 years that it is most likely that parliament will still exist and that we will still have democracy in this country. It isn't certain, but it is highly unlikely.
Hey look, treating a political union as an economy, one of the reasons I vorted out!

It is an economy because it's the Single Market. Of course it's an inexact science how we classify countries into economic units. It depends on the tariffs and trade agreements they have, whether they have their own currency and all sorts of other things.

There is no definitive answer; but all organisations who gather and publish data about the global economy, like the World Bank, IMF and so forth, choose to publish data for the EU as well as for its member states.

But of course we know Brexiters don't like experts.
Original post by scrotgrot
It is an economy because it's the Single Market. Of course it's an inexact science how we classify countries into economic units. It depends on the tariffs and trade agreements they have, whether they have their own currency and all sorts of other things.

There is no definitive answer; but all organisations who gather and publish data about the global economy, like the World Bank, IMF and so forth, choose to publish data for the EU as well as for its member states.

But of course we know Brexiters don't like experts.

Well, it's also a political union because it has laws that are applied across all member countries and can dictate decisions to member countries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending