The Student Room Group

Is prison the correct punishment for rape?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seamus123
Living as a victim of rape is a life sentence. I firmly believe in an eye for an eye.

So rape rapist then?
Seriously, you cannot equate rape with eating meat.
Original post by numbers18
What if a rapist is aware of the damage they do byt they just don't care. Just like society is aware that eating meat is taking lives unnecessary but they just don't care

We're talking about humans here, take your bottom of the food chain mentality elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So rape rapist then?

I am 68. I live with it every day since I was a child. Any justice is better than no justice.
Original post by Underscore__
We're talking about humans here, take your bottom of the food chain mentality elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The year 1700

Me- 'you complain about white people getting raped but you beat black slaves on a daily basis'

You- ' I am talking about white people here take your niger loving stupidity else where boy'
This thread hurts a bit because it cuts close to the bone. So what was my punishment? About just over two years secure hospital detention, a chemical castration ever since (by drugs injected in my bum every two weeks without fail), and being on the sex offenders register, which means that i can't even get a charity shop job even though i am 35 and have a 2.1 degree. Cut me some slack!
Seriously, you cannot equate rape with eating meat.

Why not?,
Reply 87
Living as a victim of rape is a life sentence. I firmly believe in an eye for an eye.

So school bullies should be given a life sentence?
Original post by Underscore__
It isn't the way of the world, it's the way of this country. You don't pay fines for civil offences and in fact civil law is not punitive whatsoever. You're argument here is nonsense, you're saying that because we punish people doing bad things in this country it isn't a childish mentality. It's a silly as you hit me I hit you back (something we tell children not to do).

Firstly you don't know how many offenders would want to try and fix the harm they'd caused. Secondly it's irrelevant if they want to or not, most people don't want to go to prison but we don't give them an option

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's a you hit me you get punished mentality. If I was a child and hit my brother there would be consequences. There are consequences for all actions.

Most people don't want to get raped, but they don't get a choice so neither should the rapist.
Original post by john2054
This thread hurts a bit because it cuts close to the bone. So what was my punishment? About just over two years secure hospital detention, a chemical castration ever since (by drugs injected in my bum every two weeks without fail), and being on the sex offenders register, which means that i can't even get a charity shop job even though i am 35 and have a 2.1 degree. Cut me some slack!

What did you do? :K::K:
The year 1700

Me- 'you complain about white people getting raped but you beat black slaves on a daily basis'

You- ' I am talking about white people here take your niger loving stupidity else where boy'

1. The year 1700 has no relevance, your vegetarian agenda is irrelevant.
2. Even in that situation it's not really that unfair. It's essentially saying you can't discuss things that effect white people because black people have more issues

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethwalker85
No, it's a you hit me you get punished mentality. If I was a child and hit my brother there would be consequences. There are consequences for all actions.

Most people don't want to get raped, but they don't get a choice so neither should the rapist.

And that's what we do to children. The focus should be on rehabilitation and never about punishing people, it achieves nothing.

Yeah they shouldn't get a choice, they should be sentenced to do things which help to aid the issue they've contributed to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethwalker85
What did you do? :K::K:

Something i regret now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending