The Student Room Group

easyjet flgiht cancellations

iv been on the page and seen countless flight cancellations, mostly france bound flights.

were flying to spain in august however im worried about our flight

is it likely it will rectify itself by then?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb
iv been on the page and seen countless flight cancellations, mostly france bound flights.

Considering you wouldn't be touching down in France (obviously) chances are the cancellations wouldn't affect you. Without knowing the reasoning I couldn't comment further really

I assume you booked this flight with your easyjet account, correct?
If so, I'd recommend actually logging into the portal nearer the time to check the timings are still good. (e.g. not delayed, cancelled etc.) - I've always used the app, and found it most useful.
Reply 2
Depends if the French go on strike again.

The French aren't known for not working so you should be OK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by fr0sr_
Considering you wouldn't be touching down in France (obviously) chances are the cancellations wouldn't affect you. Without knowing the reasoning I couldn't comment further really

If so, I'd recommend actually logging into the portal nearer the time to check the timings are still good. (e.g. not delayed, cancelled etc.) - I've always used the app, and found it most useful.

yea we did it on the actual website, but alot of the comments state that the flights were cancelled and not updated or notified on the website or via text so no one knew about the delays until they was actually at the airport and in some cases, hours after their flight was due

Original post by Dinklebot
Depends if the French go on strike again.

The French aren't known for not working so you should be OK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why are they on strike?
Original post by fr0sr_

Original post by shawtyb

Strikes in France might still affect flights to Spain. I was due to fly to Barcelona with some friends over the Easter holidays and our flight was cancelled two hours before departure due to French air traffic control strikes
Reply 5
Original post by super_kawaii
Strikes in France might still affect flights to Spain. I was due to fly to Barcelona with some friends over the Easter holidays and our flight was cancelled two hours before departure due to French air traffic control strikes

oh no!! were going to barcelona too and this has just scared the crap out of me!!
what did you do?
Original post by shawtyb
oh no!! were going to barcelona too and this has just scared the crap out of me!!
what did you do?

We ended up having a last minute staycation at a spa :smile:
Reply 7
We ended up having a last minute staycation at a spa :smile:

dont think we could do that with 3 kids :/
did it get resolved or did you miss your holiday to spain completely?
did u get a refund?
Reply 8
Original post by shawtyb
why are they on strike?

The French are always on strike no-one even knows why anymore.

I believe it's down to reforms in salaries, working conditions etc. which they're unhappy with.
Reply 9
Original post by Inexorably

I believe it's down to reforms in salaries, working conditions etc. which they're unhappy with.

well i hope they buck their ideas up between the 7th-16th august.
they can restrike after that

@FrenchUnicorn are they striking currently atm?
Original post by shawtyb
did u get a refund?

We missed our holiday to Spain completely and haven't got a refund on our flights or accommodation at all, because the flight insurance didn't cover cancellation due to strikes and our accommodation was booked with Airbnb which doesn't offer refunds
Original post by shawtyb
did u get a refund?

Make sure you have room for +1 more. :wink: :excited:

Spoiler

Reply 12
We missed our holiday to Spain completely and haven't got a refund on our flights or accommodation at all, because the flight insurance didn't cover cancellation due to strikes and our accommodation was booked with Airbnb which doesn't offer refunds

oh god! your scaring me loads!
we've booked with airbnb as well!
so does insurance on cancellations not cover strikes at all?

Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Spoiler

feel free, i even offered two of my other mates along but they have work
Original post by shawtyb
oh god! your scaring me loads!
we've booked with airbnb as well!
so does insurance on cancellations not cover strikes at all?

feel free, i even offered two of my other mates along but they have work

None of ours did and we all tried to claim on our individual insurances. There were 7 of us in total
Original post by Inexorably

Yes they are always complaining and this is so pissing off I swear :cry2: :cry: :cry:

For once they have a good reason tho, a new law is about to be here "la loi travail" and it's very bad for employees so yeah they want it to be cancelled \:
Original post by shawtyb
well i hope they buck their ideas up between the 7th-16th august.
they can restrike after that

@FrenchUnicorn are they striking currently atm?

Yes they are \:
Reply 15
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Spoiler

pic of XxKingSniprxX and 3 "kids"

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
None of ours did and we all tried to claim on our individual insurances. There were 7 of us in total

im genuinly terrified now

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Yes they are always complaining and this is so pissing off I swear :cry2: :cry: :cry:

For once they have a good reason tho, a new law is about to be here "la loi travail" and it's very bad for employees so yeah they want it to be cancelled \:

Yes they are \:

thats crap! do you know if flights going to barcelona will be affected by france?
Original post by shawtyb

thats crap! do you know if flights going to barcelona will be affected by france?

I'm sorry Idk at all \: but you go straight away to Spain right ? If you don't land to France it should be fine :yep:
Reply 18
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I'm sorry Idk at all \: but you go straight away to Spain right ? If you don't land to France it should be fine :yep:

thats what im hoping, im gonna call easyjet now lol
Original post by shawtyb
thats what im hoping, im gonna call easyjet now lol

Do so, you'll be sure. But I think you'll be fine dw :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest