The Student Room Group

Unit 5 Physics Edexcel A2 and Edexcel IAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
Guys what was the very last question? Was there a question about the conditions of fusion? I seem to have missed that. Was that right after the joules calculation?

Yes , explain condition required for fusion reaction (something like that ) 2 marks
Original post by Pudge666
Yes , explain condition required for fusion reaction (something like that ) 2 marks

Ah well..
Original post by oShahpo
Guys what was the very last question? Was there a question about the conditions of fusion? I seem to have missed that. Was that right after the joules calculation?

yes conditions of fusion
also what was harder according to u, this or last year's paper
Original post by ajaxkiller
yes conditions of fusion
also what was harder according to u, this or last year's paper

They're very close, they both have quite tricky questions. But I think this year's harder for one simple reason, the tricky questions are given more marks.
Original post by oShahpo
They're very close, they both have quite tricky questions. But I think this year's harder for one simple reason, the tricky questions are given more marks.

Do you have your multi choice answers saved?
Original post by Middriver

No, but I remember some of them.
The mean square speed is doubled, and the energy ratio is 9 I think.
Original post by Middriver

I remember getting a lot of Ds but it might be because I am inept at multiple choice questions and balancing my time hehe
I got something like 4 rads^-1
-3.0 ms^-2
16 times more for the diameter of a star one
energy is 9 and I cannot remember anything else
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
I remember getting a lot of Ds but it might be because I am inept at multiple choice questions and balancing my time hehe
I got something like 4 rads^-1
-3.0 ms^-2
16 times more for the diameter of a star one
energy is 9 and I cannot remember anything else

16?
Hm I think it was 4 no?
Doubling diameter means double r no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
16?
Hm I think it was 4 no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that d=2r so doubling 2r makes 4r? No?!
Im a retard I hate myself I actually put 4 as well then crossed it out because of my stupid reasoning bye bye Cambridge
(edited 7 years ago)
16?
Hm I think it was 4 no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 4 as well
I got 4 as well

Yeah I was being stupid, I can say goodbye to my A*
I said that d=2r so doubling 2r makes 4r? No?!
Im a retard I hate myself I actually put 4 as well then crossed it out because of my stupid reasoning bye bye Cambridge

Yes but radius goes from r to 2r as d 2r to 4r.
Yes but radius goes from r to 2r as d 2r to 4r.

Yeah, hindsight is a really wonderful thing...

Dw. Check me out, i got the right answer for SHM then i write down the wrong answer cause i can't read lol.

Its just 1 mark
Its just 1 mark

Honestly I do this a lot I know it's one mark 😂 It's just worrying because I never know how many other questions I have 'reasoned' myself out of the correct answer..
Dw. Check me out, i got the right answer for SHM then i write down the wrong answer cause i can't read lol.

Ah lol, at least that one stumped a lot of people 😂
Ah lol, at least that one stumped a lot of people 😂

Im a ****ing retard lol. So angry if i miss A* cause of atuff like that. I think Unit 4 was 70+ and Unit 5 65 ish hopefully that comes to 220/240 UMS since i only got 50/60 ums in CA. So hopefully I can scrape by.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much marks will I get for the SHM question: I did w=2pi/4.5=4pi/9. I then used x=Asin(wt), where x =0.6, and A=2.3. Then rearranged and found two values for sin-1(0.6/2.3). Divided each value by my angular velocity, which gave me 0.189 seconds, and 2.061 seconds. Found the difference to be like 1.88 seconds to 3s.f?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im a ****ing retard lol. So angry if i miss A* cause of atuff like that. I think Unit 4 was 70+ and Unit 5 65 ish hopefully that comes to 220/240 UMS since i only got 50/60 ums in CA. So hopefully I can scrape by.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds reasonable, I imagine you'll be able to get the A* with those marks!
I reckon I might have scraped a decent mark in unit 5 and my coursework should boost the grade anyway, but I'll still worry that I haven't done enough to meet my grade requirements for Uni 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending