The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thephysio
I've done something very similar to you but I appear to have made a silly mistake, resulting in an answer of 124 or something from my quadratic formula. What do you think I might have lost in terms of marks?

Yes, I took ln of both sides and it appears I got the right answer, hope this is an OK method to use.. should be given that S2 is usually taught alongside A2 maths which includes ln in C3 and C4.

Ah ok thank you and yeh we should've got it right then ! - I think you could've worked it out through the tables but I like doing it with logs aha
Original post by jpepsred
You see I actually believed you because I finished the paper in 45 minutes and was convinced I must have skipped a question.

just read this and had a mild panic attack but i also remember checking the paper about 3 times for any missed questions ahah
Original post by lordyP
Probably only one! Most uniform distribution questions are only one mark

I think it was 2 cause you had to find out the difference and then times by your pdf
does anyone have worked solutions ?
Original post by Inges
if you go back to page like 35 there is people putting all their answers. As for an unofficial mark scheme it wont be until probably tomorrow or the day after.

That's still gce
Original post by Mugenya
Hlw did anyone do IAL S2

I did
Original post by anujsr
I did

What grade boundaries to you expect? I am expecting 60 for an A
Original post by AlexFrangos
What grade boundaries to you expect? I am expecting 60 for an A

I think its gonna be between 60-62 as last years paper had only like 5 marks worth of algebra and this was like 15 marks ...
Original post by fefssdf
I think its gonna be between 60-62 as last years paper had only like 5 marks worth of algebra and this was like 15 marks ...

In the critical region question i messed up and found X>=11 rather than X>=9 and so the next parts went wrong. Do you think i will lose all the marks in this question?
Original post by AlexFrangos
In the critical region question i messed up and found X>=11 rather than X>=9 and so the next parts went wrong. Do you think i will lose all the marks in this question?

sorry i can't remember the question, but when the model answers come out you will be able to see how many marks were on offer, but if this is a follow through error then you'd only lose the answer marks so i wouldn't worry too much
Original post by mupsman2312
But it was an 8-marker, though - not 6...

i didnt say it was a 6 marker
Original post by fefssdf
I think it was 2 cause you had to find out the difference and then times by your pdf

I thought that it was only 1...
Original post by fpmaniac
i didnt say it was a 6 marker

Oh - sorry; my bad! :colondollar:
Has someone posted the paper yet?
Original post by igotohaggerston
Has someone posted the paper yet?

No :/ but hoping it comes out today ; I NEED to know my marks ; it's really stressing me out
If someone uploads the paper I probably remember enough S2 to do answers..
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
If someone uploads the paper I probably remember enough S2 to do answers..

yeh nobody seems to be able to get hold of one - by the time someone does get the paper I will probably have forgotten my answers so it won't be of much use -__-
Original post by fefssdf
yeh nobody seems to be able to get hold of one - by the time someone does get the paper I will probably have forgotten my answers so it won't be of much use -__-

Go and enjoy your summer :s-smilie:
Original post by SeanFM
Go and enjoy your summer :s-smilie:

shhhhh
Original post by gameofthrones1
Yeah it is 1.41, that's the only mistake that was made on the answers

What about Q6 a?? Are you sure there was 9 samples, not 6??

Quick Reply

Latest