The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
That's how I feel about Math unfortunately. Turned down going to give my maths teacher a class present with friends today because I felt too ashamed of myself. An A is still pretty good though (as long as two other A Levels are A* :yep:)

Yeah I was done on Friday. It's so strange not having any studying to do lol

It'll be so strange having 3 whole months without tests and exams

I'll be completely lost for things to do (I don't have a life outside academia), so I might be in competition with Insight as to who can complete IA first (he will probably still win)
Original post by Duke Glacia
your in for sure

not nice, but theres nothing more i kud have done.

You got a 1 in at least one of those papers didn't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Last exam! I am a free man now!

Predicting A*A*A in Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and 1,1,S in STEP I/II/III. Let's see how it goes.

Physics went surprisingly well today, nice way to finish the 25 exam period. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! And your GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Congratulations! And your GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahm, predicting:

A/A* in Computer Science
B in Geography
A in Spanish
A/B in English Language
C in English Literature

GCSEs are too difficult m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Your offer is 2A*s and 1 A right?

Yeah
Where is the ASoM thread? Gotta first post that ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
your in for sure

not nice, but theres nothing more i kud have done.

We'll see :frown:

I hope it goes really well for you either way!! :hugs:

Original post by Mathemagicien
It'll be so strange having 3 whole months without tests and exams

I'll be completely lost for things to do (I don't have a life outside academia), so I might be in competition with Insight as to who can complete IA first (he will probably still win)

Find something else and develop an interest in it?
Whats ur offer lads ?

Missing offer is just horrible especially for a reapplicant like me, too too shameful:colonhash:

A*AA, mercifully. But I was predicted A*A*A* and I'll still be disappointed if (who are we kidding, it's "when") I don't get it, especially since I did so well in maths and FM mocks :frown:

Yeah I'll feel bad too. He put A* all year in my progress reports lol. Though tbh I'd just be happy to scrape my offer at this stage. While Biology exams generally went okay, there's still a lot of uncertainty around them :redface: I'm okay with chem though, I think, despite having to teach myself the whole spec just a week before the exams :frown:

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I got an A* on Bio5, but Bio4 was such a weird paper I literally could have got a C or full UMS - it was all suggest questions and interpreting data and nonsense like that, so it's basically down to chance :frown:

I feel much better about Psych, but OCR Psych has ridiculous 15-mark questions where if you word the first sentence wrong you can drop almost all of the marks for it. So I'm basically just praying that didn't happen :colondollar:
Find something else and develop an interest in it?

Probably some coding, and learning to write up LaTex

Maybe I'll learn the piano, and/or learn German (that'll come in very handy now!), but apart from that I cannot think what else I can reasonably do
Where is the ASoM thread? Gotta first post that ****.
Posted from TSR Mobile

If you find it, please tag me in it!

If it doesn't exist yet, there's nothing stopping you from making it :wink:
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what me and the other steppers have predicted Duke has got 1,2,1 or 1,1,1 :smile:. He has got in for sure, unfortunately that may not the problem for him due to the international funding problems.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Probably some coding, and learning to write up LaTex

Maybe I'll learn the piano, and/or learn German (that'll come in very handy now!), but apart from that I cannot think what else I can reasonably do

Chill. Go hang out with some friends go out for a meal. Chill for a few weeks then start IA thas what im doing. But you can di whatever you want lol.
Original post by physicsmaths
Chill. Go hang out with some friends go out for a meal. Chill for a few weeks then start IA thas what im doing. But you can di whatever you want lol.

I've already started IA (on the bus reading Dexter's notes on V&M). You are behind old chap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths offer: So having basically finished all my exams I reckon I've got A*A*AB (A in chemistry, B in physics) and S,2,2 in STEP I/II/III and my offer was A*A*A (A in physics) and 1,1 in STEP II/III. So if this is actually what I've got (and I like to think I'm being more pessimistic than optimistic) what are my chances of still being accepted?
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by physicsmaths
From what me and the other steppers have predicted Duke has got 1,2,1 or 1,1,1 :smile:. He has got in for sure, unfortunately that may not the problem for him due to the international funding problems.

2,2,2 my prediction

pm ive recalculated everything. And true intl funding is a problem and im waiting for a reply on scholarship
(edited 7 years ago)
I've already started IA (on the bus reading Dexter's notes on V&M). You are behind old chap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well ive already done Numbers and sets since i knew it all for IMO camp. :wink: your the one behind. I havent even opened the notes yet cause Numbers n sets is easyyyy.
Mate, you didnt even wait the bus ride home. Bludy hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've collected many tiny jars from my baby brother's meals and I'm going to see what I can do with those :yep: (I'm thinking candles)
I've also got loads of spare and interesting fabrics lying around that may need a creative touch

That sounds fantastic!
2,2,2 my prediction

pm ive recalculated everything. And true intl funding is a problem but im waiting for a reply on scholarship

You got 1,1 in two papers atleast. Trust me. Trust me. Even if you gt 2 in II n III your still in since that is the harder old offer :smile: dw bout it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smartalan73
Maths offer: So having basically finished all my exams I reckon I've got A*A*AB (A in chemistry, B in physics) and S,2,2 in STEP I/II/III and my offer was A*A*A (A in physics) and 1,1 in STEP II/III. So if this is actually what I've got (and I like to think I'm being more pessimistic than optimistic) what are my chances of still being accepted?

in 2016 there were 6 out of 16 offer holders who got 2,2, and were accepted. Theres a foi online
Original post by smartalan73

What were your raw marks prediction in II n III? How high is the S in I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest