The Student Room Group

Racism on Manchester Tram

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Some 17yr old chav so no surprise there
Disgusting

I heard abuse myself yesterday when waiting in the housing office with my mum. There were a lot of Asian people present and a guy decided it was fitting to hurl abuse at the queue.
Why's this post in UK politics?

Clearly two uneducated chavs, nothing more.
Original post by democracyforum

Ah yes, when someone highlights a real issue, just try to make yourself seem like the victim.
Actually in a way it is relevant. .it shows that many people believe only white people can be racist! That in itself is racist right?!! Crazy world and to be fair the racist card is used far too often, when in reality it is nothing to get angry about! We are all human beings.. and one race! If somebody called me a "big nose c**t" is an observation about a particular feature that the person is trying to offend me by saying... they want a reaction, I simply don't give them a reaction!
Isn't funny how one minute we lived in a utopia with no racism, and ever since we voted to be an independent country, the world is full of evil racists? Propaganda anyone?

Oh and the BBC should be ashamed, the Tories wanted to slash their funding a long while, hope this next government does it.
Reply 7
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Isn't funny how one minute we lived in a utopia with no racism, and ever since we voted to be an independent country, the world is full of evil racists? Propaganda anyone?

Oh and the BBC should be ashamed, the Tories wanted to slash their funding a long while, hope this next government does it.

https://www.northants.police.uk/#!/News/28383

57% increase over the last few days, it's not just some media propaganda conspiracy and your thoughts on the BBC are irrelevant.
(edited 7 years ago)
And like I said they wanted a reaction..

It is awful to have to put up with this behaviour and the people saying these things, might actually feel hated towards this person, for ignorant reasons, or because they feel this person is an easy target. They can't expect any more than to get a reaction, unless they are going to kidnap and traffic this person back to Africa!! I do also understand that not giving a reaction could lead to a physical attack.. but so could giving a reaction, of course, depending on the severity of the situation.

It was a group of young people, so my bet is, it was more to bully this person in front of their mates, because they saw him as a target.. due to his differences. They will probably see a fat person the next day and bully him in a similar way.. it is just the society we live in.

What can be done about it? That is what needs to be discussed!

Original post by saraxh
They said Go back to Africa, you little f***ing immigrant and you're a dirty little immigrant.
Original post by Olie
https://www.northants.police.uk/#!/News/28383

57% increase over the last few days, it's not just some media propaganda conspiracy and your thoughts on the BBC are irrelevant.

Will we see an increase in England fans being taunted at, over the next few days or weeks?

When such a public event happens then whatever is involved in the debate is going to cause an increase in tensions. In the case of the Brexit.. Immigration was the main element, therefor we should expect this kind of behaviour. it doesn't make it right, it is just the society we live in.. and I will revert back to my last post's question.. what can we do about it?

No, there were racists to begin with. I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that this led to an increase in hate crime. It has. Disgusting that people are trying to pretend otherwise because it's convenient for them.

So you're complaining about apparent BBC bias, and your suggest is to kick the struts under the BBC so it can be even less capable of avoiding apparent bias?

Is your workplace ethic 'the beatings will continue until morale improves'?
Original post by JordanL_
Ah yes, when someone highlights a real issue, just try to make yourself seem like the victim.

Ah, you again.

On Brexit, you and several others like you were wrong about the outcome. Live with it.
The people have spoken. Respect it. You may have been agonizing over it as a result of the decision. Get over it.
Original post by Audrey18
Ah, you again.

On Brexit, you and several others like you were wrong about the outcome. Live with it.
The people have spoken. Respect it. You may have been agonizing over it as a result of the decision. Get over it.

What are you on about? The thread is about racism.
Original post by gladders
So you're complaining about apparent BBC bias, and your suggest is to kick the struts under the BBC so it can be even less capable of avoiding apparent bias?

Is your workplace ethic 'the beatings will continue until morale improves'?

No that isn't my ethic. I might just take away funding and leave them to it, let them raise their own let them sink or swim and maybe reconfigure themselves. I couldn't care less about propping up bunch of irreponsible propagandists who want to irresponsibly whip the country up into a fervour because it didn't follow their own metropolitan globalist wishes. Should we all give them massive pay rises from their existing massive pay so they can feel a bit less hurt and start being a bit responsible and objective again, and not trying to create chaos in this country? This is while there are people who really suffer, had their dignity taken away, people who live on food donations. These people are a petulant, spoilt disgrace in light of how the country feels, and how many live. They are the types who caused this vote.
Original post by JordanL_
No, there were racists to begin with. I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that this led to an increase in hate crime. It has. Disgusting that people are trying to pretend otherwise because it's convenient for them.

I'm not trying to pretend anything. I'm simply saying they are looking for racism which is there all the time, always has been, why do they never have those stories every single night? They are doing it now, specifically, to whip up the 'little Englander bigot' narrative, just like they smeared during the campaign, to try and create an association between decent people who voted for democracy and independence, and these type of scum. I think that's 'convenient' for them, and is incredibly incendiary and irresponsible. It's propaganda, no more, no less. Like I say, this is the national interest we need to consider, and media people are very privileged, and live in a a country full of poverty and desolation that voted this way, because they weren't going to do what the guy from JP Morgan who makes 25mil tells them to. They are spoilt and selfish and promoting their own agenda because it suits them, to the detriment of this country.
The leave campaign won. The leave campaign made one of its main pillars being anti-immigrant. Because the leave campaign won, the people who would be in the EDL, BNP, national front believe that they have a democratic mandate to terrorize migrants.

If the police don't clamp down hard on this, I'm genuinely scared for the ethnic minorities in this country.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Classical Liberal
The leave campaign won. The leave campaign made one of its main pillars being anti-immigrant. Because the leave campaign won, the people who would be in the EDL, BNP, national front believe that they have a democratic mandate to terrorize migrants.

If the police don't clamp down hard on this, I'm genuinely scared for the ethnic minorities in this country.

Ridiculous. There is a multitude of reasons why someone would vote leave or remain. And for you to only be aware of the one propaganda to vote out this shows how ignorant you truly are. Also to hypocritically generalise all leavers as abusive baboons while you claim they too generalise makes me want to throw up all over you.
Anyway I've no idea why I'm having such a hard time viewing this video :angry:

but erm can people also point out that the tram is FULL and NO ONE stepped in. They just stood there like :indiff:. Filming and then coming home to self-righteously b**** on their computers like they cared. Soooo I bet at least 1/2 of those passengers were probably Remainers who stood by and did **** ALL and then try to make up for not having nobility at the right time by taking the piss on Facebook :rolleyes:

*also after reading:
This is some Rosa Parks type ****
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Time that White people take back their homeland, for too long has mass immigration be imposed on us

You'll only have yourselves to blame, for being unreasonable ***** and using the race card against us so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending