The Student Room Group

Corbyn loses Vote

Scroll to see replies

download (1).jpg
Original post by hazzer1998
He won't he just said he is'nt step down

Grrrrrrrr :sexface:
Reply 22
Corbyn PLEASE stay on. Apparently internal labour polling has shown that if you do labour will be reduced to 75 MPs if an election was called now. #ToryLandslide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
Grrrrrrrr :sexface:

Jermey Phaorbyn
Original post by MrJAKEE
Corbyn PLEASE stay on. Apparently internal labour polling has shown that if you do labour will be reduced to 75 MPs if an election was called now. #ToryLandslide

Posted from TSR Mobile

#MayforPM
#Torylandslide2020
Original post by Shadow Hunters
He HAS to step down, honestly I was a corbynite till this week, he's being stubborn, he has to realise he can't win an election. :frown: By staying, he is ensuring the conservatives gain more votes than ever and possibly is allowing UKIP to get votes in Labour heartlands.

I think you're failing to recognise that the public elect the government, not the front benchers.
Reply 26
Jermey Phaorbyn
wtf lmao :rofl:

I think that this isn't a coup but a protest. They know he will be voted back in again. But they have nothing to lose- a lot of them will be annihilated regardless of who is leader at this point I think- they are making a stand so that their reputations can be salvaged after the coming storm.

Viddy, above is right, I would like for there to be some continuation of Mcdonnels current economic path, but I think the price of Corbyn being leader would be far too steep (as great as it may be, it won't matter a dime if it doesn't get realised).

Ideally we should have Corbyn's first shadow cabinet (when he was elected) returned and Corbyn should step down and make way for a more pragmatic and less tainted newcomer.
Original post by That Arab Guy
I think you're failing to recognise that the public elect the government, not the front benchers.

The point is the public elects the government, not Labour Party members. This is the problem with grassroots in general.
Original post by Desi123
wtf lmao :rofl:

:biggrin: Jokes :wink:
Reply 30
:biggrin: Jokes :wink:

I know :wink:The DM ran an article calling him a sex symbol last year tho :rofl:
Original post by Desi123
I know :wink:The DM ran an article calling him a sex symbol last year tho :rofl:

Women are dying for him :wink:

Reply 32
Women are dying for him :wink:

He's alright but not a patch on Ed :teehee:
Corbyn's gonna corbyn lol
I'd say its equally risky replacing Corbyn with some establishment-esque figure in the wake of evident anti-establishment sentiment shown by Brexit.unless its David Miliband
Original post by Desi123
He's alright but not a patch on Ed :teehee:

That is really unsettling ...
Original post by similarBlank
Wasn't expecting that.

Original post by queen-bee
I'm sad he's going to step down :frown:

It was obvious, it was the same idiots that didn't like him in the first place!!
They never liked him anyway so no surprises.

It was the members that elected him and made him leader not those idiot MPs
Original post by meenu89
After all the events of the last three days, really?!

Did Diane Abbott vote 40 times?

Loool thats a good one

Posted from TSR Mobile
download (1).jpg

Err why should he? They never liked him in the first place. Of course he would lose the vote of confidence. He would have probably lost a day after he was elected if there was one.

Secondly, the members elected him and he is representing the people. Who the **** are those MPs?

The hate coming from the media and MPs. He shouldn't resign.Why should he bretray his supporters
Reply 39
#MayforPM
#Torylandslide2020

I doubt we will be waiting till 2020, sooner the better in my view.
I just remembered that :
1) the Chilcott inquiry is coming up
2) the vote on Trident is coming up

No doubt these events will stir the labour membership from rejecting any Blairite and keeping Corbyn on. I think we are seeing the split of the Labour Party as we know it and I for one am loving it - I also love delusional Corbynites still trying to support him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest