The Student Room Group

What do you regret (A levels)

What do you regret not doing in A levels in terms of revision and everything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I regret not doing enough work for english at AS cause this year the retake exam was so much harder ( we had to analyse gravestones ) and so yeh I feel like I wasted a chance of doing well
Reply 2
I regret not putting in the work with history because I thought I was going to drop it...

Doing up to 2hrs per day for over a month for history wasn't healthy.
Picking History.

I was a lost year 11 and just went with what I enjoyed as a GCSE. Little did I know that A level History is much more work than GCSE level. Neither did I look at the modules I was studying which was a big mistake. :sigh:
I regretted not asking for help with geography, both at AS and A2. I didn't understand a lot of it, but I was too embarrassed to ask for help. I finally asked for help at the end of A2, and I really wished I'd done it for AS too as I could've got a higher grade if I had :frown:
I regret taking Geography A level:colonhash:
I wished I'd picked DT or something over psychology. Psych was a big mistake and time-waster on my end.

DT also relates to my uni course too, :frown: huge mistake mannnn.
(edited 7 years ago)
retaking S2 what a waste of £16.15
Oh boy, where do I start:

- Doing A Levels in the first place.
- Taking physics at A Level.
- Not working hard in year 12 so that it created a steep hill for me to climb in year 13.
- Doing M2 instead of S1.
- Not dropping one subject after AS (physics...).

To name a few. :moon:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Dropping a year and not retaking maths...

Causing me so many issues now.....
I regret taking Biology
Taking History and Chemistry...they almost killed me for very different reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sugar_1998
retaking S2 what a waste of £16.15

yeh S2 is so random like the 2015 paper was like a different module compared to the 2016 one - asking questions from s1 i don't think is fair either - surely the boundaries will be a LOT lower like 60 for an A....
and yeh why are exams so expensive as well -__-
Nothing in particular I guess. I'm lucky in that everything worked out alright for me... it was GCSEs where I maybe wish I had done a bit better, but oh well :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by fefssdf
yeh S2 is so random like the 2015 paper was like a different module compared to the 2016 one - asking questions from s1 i don't think is fair either - surely the boundaries will be a LOT lower like 60 for an A....
and yeh why are exams so expensive as well -__-

fingers cross yh
Regret doing 4 science a levels at AS instead of a easy BTEC, so I could get 5,000 ucas points for baking a cake.
Original post by BanterBus
Regret doing 4 science a levels at AS instead of a easy BTEC, so I could get 5,000 ucas points for baking a cake.

don't forget the free house as well :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
Nothing in particular I guess. I'm lucky in that everything worked out alright for me... it was GCSEs where I maybe wish I had done a bit better, but oh well :tongue:

Spoiler

you're in uni i wouldn't be worrying over gcses sean hahaha
Original post by Hydeman
Oh boy, where do I start:

- Doing A Levels in the first place.
- Taking physics at A Level.
- Not working hard in year 12 so that it created a steep hill for me to climb in year 13.
- Doing M2 instead of S1.
- Not dropping one subject after AS (physics...).

To name a few. :moon:

M2 instead of S1 - are you mad ! I'd rather do S1,S2,S3,S4 than mechanics again
Original post by fefssdf
you're in uni i wouldn't be worrying over gcses sean hahaha

Couldn't put an application in for an Oxford maths summer school or taster session or something like that because I didn't have 5 or more A*s at GCSEs. Gutted. But as you say, I'm at uni so.. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest