The Student Room Group

Nasty bus driver rant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sfaraj
same feelings bro, but i've never been stopped for my age as i carry an oyster but once i stopped the bus and waited for my mum who had a leg operation so she couldn't run and had to fast walk which was difficult enough for her, and then the convo went a bit like this:

Bus Driver: "Is she coming"
Me: " Yeah shes on her way"
Bus Driver: "Im a bus"
Me (mentally i didn't say this out loud): " yeah so youre supposed to wait for passengers anf take them to where they need"
Bus Driver: "Is she getting on?"
M: Yeah shes right here
BD (had his eyes closed for some reason): "yeah i dont care" wth?????
M: if you opened your eyes you'd see

not exactly the best comeback but pretty rude driver tbh and then 2 stops later he waited for a guy who was running for the bus and didnt argue smh

I bet he's one of those drivers who participate in boycotts because apparently £500 a week isnt enough smh.
Reply 21
With all due respect you shouldn't have been trying to fraud bus tickets, I understand that you were doing it unknowingly (I don't know how considering the age is displayed all over the bus but whatever) but he probably has to deal with that on a regular basis from chavvy teenagers trying to pass themselves off as kids.
Meh - some bus drivers are like that, just move on. I get where you're coming from, he had no right to act like that but honestly, no need to get yourself so worked up over it.

I should know because I once got shouted at by a bus driver because when I was taking a ticket, it dragged out instead of cutting off and he got annoyed :colonhash:

Was the only time I took a stagecoach bus too smh

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
stagecoach buses in wales, especially the rural areas where i am is old AF so adverts and posters in it are from the stone age and rarely get changed. there's no posters whatsoever that say 16 requires adult ticket, so no i was not trying to commit fraud, it's an honest mistake. i didnt look smug about ''successfully passing with a child's ticket'' i was completely unaware and going on about with my day. it's not like his job is stressful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Tbf I think he might have overreacted a little bit but he did probably think you were lying. Good luck with getting any kind of apology from the coach company aswell considering you were the one technically in the wrong here :laugh:

That's life, some people are rude, you get over it
Sorry about that, some people are just grumpy and horrible unfortunately.
Although I thought that 16 was a child's ticket too...ooops.
wait so... are you 16 or not ?
Original post by fefssdf
wait so... are you 16 or not ?

yes i am, i might not look like it but im honest, if i knew, i'd pay the appropriate price
ah ok well then I guess the driver just thought you weren't and tbh so many people these days try and get away with getting child tickets - maybe next time you could show him some sorta ID or something like idk bring your passport to shut him up :smile:... btw i thought you were like 20
did none of them not think it was suspicious that you were buying a child ticket but look over 16? :rofl:
Original post by eternaforest
did none of them not think it was suspicious that you were buying a child ticket but look over 16? :rofl:

no some of them remember me going back and forth school with my uniform on. it's a small town and im familiar with 90% of the drivers anyways and they must do too seeing me so much. :redface: i used to pay for adult tickets without knowing they had a children weekly one, so i overpaid them for a while...:innocent: not saying the excess should be carried over or anything...
Well he's meant to do that, people try to use the child card all the time, student cards too. :erm:
Don't see how he was wrong here, maybe his tone might've put you off but he has to be firm, he's a public servant enforcing public policy...
Just ignore em, they get attacked all the time they're half the time on edge, but their attitudes are a ****take. People have rowed with drivers since busses were invented.

Quick Reply

Latest