The Student Room Group
Yikes. Dunno about college but if you get found out for being charged for that for your field of work...
Reply 2
Reply 3
y'all wana choose a new course
Reply 4
Original post by shawtyb
y'all wana choose a new course

So you recon the course will not accept me? even though the charges were dropped and no further action was taken
Original post by tommycee24
So you recon the course will not accept me? even though the charges were dropped and no further action was taken

Arrested or convicted of gbh?

Convicted, yes.

Otherwise no.
Reply 6

i dont think they will as they'll see you as a danger toward children. regardless of it being dropped, the fact the accusation was held against you, leaves you as a potential risk
Reply 7
Original post by Cicada3301
Arrested or convicted of gbh?

Convicted, yes.

Otherwise no.

I was arrested for it. It was a mess of a night that involved me and a friend fighting, i was taken to the station on that night, and let out the next day. when i checked with the police on their system last week, it said no further action will be taken so im assuming i didnt even get a caution because of it.

Its just im still quite paranoid that when i do the enhanced DBS with the college they still might say no.
I have an enhanced DBS… the categories are:

"Police records of Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands and Warnings:"

"Information from the list held under Section 142 of the Education Act 2002":

"DBS Children's Barred List information":

"DBS Adult's Barred List information":

"Other relevant information disclosed at the Chief Police Officer(s) discretion":

Hope that helps a bit? It'd probably be listed that you'd been arrested…
Reply 9
Original post by iEthan
I have an enhanced DBS… the categories are:

"Police records of Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands and Warnings:"

"Information from the list held under Section 142 of the Education Act 2002":

"DBS Children's Barred List information":

"DBS Adult's Barred List information":

"Other relevant information disclosed at the Chief Police Officer(s) discretion":

thank you yeah thats great, suppose im a bit relieved now. How do you go about getting an enhanced dbs check? its worth me getting one so i can see for sure.
thank you yeah thats great, suppose im a bit relieved now. How do you go about getting an enhanced dbs check? its worth me getting one so i can see for sure.

I had it done so I could be part of the Support Team here, not sure how to get it done individually or if that's even possible... Sorry!
Reply 11
Original post by iEthan
I had it done so I could be part of the Support Team here, not sure how to get it done individually or if that's even possible... Sorry!

oh okay then no worry's, much appreciated anyway thankyou!

Why are you asking on here? How should we know? Ring the college and ask them directly. You don't have to give your name. Failing that, you could ring a solicitor and ask for advice. It will probably be free.

Good luck!

If it is mentioned, it will be mentioned here.

It is up to the police whether to mention it. There is a right of appeal.

My guess is for a job with children they won't mention this. If you had been seeking a licence as a bouncer, they might have done.
I was arrested for GBH but the charges were dropped and no further action was taken. I want to go college and study children's care, learning and development but the course requires an enhanced DBS check. Does any one know if it will effect me getting into the college or not? considering the charges were dropped, thanks.

The Supreme Court has just changed the law (2019) and it came into effect in Nov 2020. It ordered the clearing of historical offences on DBS and enhanced DBS. Go to the Unlock website to check.

If your current DBS has offences on, apply for another and it will be clear. If employed already, your employer may ask you to pay for it as strictly you’re only doing it to get a ‘clean sheet’.

Latest

Trending

Trending