The Student Room Group

UCAS Tariff Points?

I'm filling in an application form for a placement and it asks for my 'UCAS Tariff Points or equivalent'. It doesn't specify that this is only from my top three A Levels as I've seen on other application forms. Should I include my other points as well?

I have 340 points from my top three A Levels and 510 points overall. I am unsure which to type in :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I'm filling in an application form for a placement and it asks for my 'UCAS Tariff Points or equivalent'. It doesn't specify that this is only from my top three A Levels as I've seen on other application forms. Should I include my other points as well?

I have 340 points from my top three A Levels and 510 points overall. I am unsure which to type in :frown:

Did it occur to you in the time it took to create this thread that if you give us zero information we can't possibly help you? Like what are we supposed to do, consult a crystal ball?

Contact HR at the placement company.
Original post by M1011
Did it occur to you in the time it took to create this thread that if you give us zero information we can't possibly help you? Like what are we supposed to do, consult a crystal ball?

Contact HR at the placement company.

Was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience, no need to be snarky about it. I can't see how any more information would be of use. I decided they wouldn't care about the rest and put the lower value anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience, no need to be snarky about it. I can't see how any more information would be of use. I decided they wouldn't care about the rest and put the lower value anyway.

Well if you don't even link us to the job, it's literally a pointless question? We can't possibly know!

It could be either, but more common to want top 3. Just ask the HR contact, if it's genuinely not clear in the information they provide then they can't hold the question against you.
Original post by M1011
Well if you don't even link us to the job, it's literally a pointless question? We can't possibly know!

It could be either, but more common to want top 3. Just ask the HR contact, if it's genuinely not clear in the information they provide then they can't hold the question against you.

I wouldn't want to advertise a job and increase my competition :tongue:
It literally said UCAS Tariff Points and then gives a box to type in.

Quick Reply